Reviews for The Queen of Disaster
psychncislover chapter 3 . 1/12
ooooo! keep this going! its soooooo good! you're an incredible writer
Princess Unikitty chapter 3 . 9/29/2013
interesting development. keep it up.
Nami Swannn chapter 3 . 9/18/2013
I would've peed my pants..O_O
SaYa DeMoN DaRkNeSs chapter 2 . 9/18/2013
I love this update
Mirrorfaced chapter 3 . 9/18/2013
Oh my. From what I've seen, Maka would be on the higher side of low-rank or the lower side of high-rank? Either way, nope on the jhos. I play a male hunter so I actually forgot how much skin showed on the female Barioth armor /oops/. I'm still fuzzy on how Soul and Maka work since the effects of the hunting horn appear to be dramatized here for story-telling purposes. It's not a bad thing, I'm just used to the gameplay of the horn. I do enjoy Tsubaki's mention even though she isn't conscious(?) What, a Narga? Either way, I'm certainly interested in the story.
Mirrorfaced chapter 2 . 9/18/2013
I'm a little confused at this point about how Soul... functions? Previously he mentions that he's trapped in the scythe, but here it appears as if he's wandering around the apartment?

"Meanwhile, left to his own devices, Soul Eater wandered around the decently sized shack they now lived in."

Also, it's hard trying to decide if I want to imagine him as the character or as a dragon despite your descriptions. It's mentioned often enough that he is a dragon to make me imagine a White Fatalis. I think the balance between making the character more human/anthropomorphized and more dragonic is tough to pinpoint. For example, I don't think "bitchin'" is a phrase an Elder Dragon would use even though it's something Soul would most certainly use. Just a thought.

Also Barioth armor is bombastic.
Mirrorfaced chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
Hello there, beautiful. I never actually thought about MH fanfiction because its focus is really more on the player character doing what the player character does best. Combining the wide array of weapons available in the game with the concept of conscious weapons in Soul Eater is brilliant! It's really the sort of thing I want in an AU Soul Eater story: an entirely new setting and scenario that uses the Soul Eater world's mechanics. This being said, I know I'm going to enjoy this story no matter where it goes, because Monster Hunter what more is there to say? It's two of my favorite things rolled up into one!

I do love me some hunting horns, though. Reading that first bit made me a little sad, but opinions are opinions and it helped set up the story. I guess. Although it begs the question that if it's widely though of that hunting horns are crap, why would use White Fatalis bits to make one? While I do think the W. Fatalis' appearance fits Soul's appearance well, he's not really presented as super powerful on his own in the canon (from what I picked up?) so having him be such a top class monster feels a tad off. I'm sure it works for plot purposes, though. Hm hmm. I do appreciate the piano-scythe-hunting horn thing, though. It begs the question, does it do cutting damage as a bladed weapon or smashing damage as a big honking hunting horn?

First impressions aside, I'll eagerly delve into the next two chapters to perhaps get an idea of where this is going plot-wise and form a more complete opinion.
thephoenixblade chapter 3 . 9/16/2013
I'm not really familiar with the monster hunter series, but either way this is one kickass story.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/16/2013
Yes! I'm so happy that this updated! You're such an awesome writer. I can't wait to read what happens next. This fanfic is so interesting. :D
Guest chapter 3 . 9/16/2013
Ermergerd this is amazing please update So!
Waffo eater chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
I know nothing about Monster Hunter but I have to admit, this makes me interested in it. Though without Soul and Maka, it can't compare to this fic...
Eieriann chapter 2 . 6/9/2013
I'm crying from Maka and Soul's conversation! Just omgod, that was amazing! To think that Black Star would have a crush on Maka :3 that's kind of adorable. Though not as much as Soul's jealousy at the idea. I'm really liking aparation Soul, he's a genius with words and romancing Ladies!
Eieriann chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
I... This is great! I don't know why I put off reading it for so long. I regret that descision so much right now. The imagery is wonderful like I'm standing in the trees watching her dance to Soul's music. I kind of feel like going out and pillaging villages or something... I'm gonna go drink some kool aid.
DeathScythe101 chapter 2 . 6/8/2013
Soul is known as "The King of Disaster"
The tittle is called "The Queen of Disaster"
*drowns in feels*
Poisoned Scarlet chapter 2 . 6/7/2013
this chapter is perfect

ok update soon because scur needs more, this is brilliant! go go go!

Panda.