Reviews for Over-kindness 'Twas Our Undoing
Zardi chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
I love missing scene stories, and you did a fabulous job with this one, especially keeping everyone in character. You even managed to keep some of the same feel as the original text. Your Teitho award is well-deserved.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Good gap-filler, and well-written. Although, you have a misspelling or a typo in the last section of this one-shot. In the first paragraph, archer is misspelled as "arhcer". It doesn't effect the story at all, since it is only one misspelling, but I though I should point it out, since it's not difficult to spot. Otherwise, this was a very well-written story.

Everyone is in character, which is very relieving to read. However, this is added with how the gap-filler plot just blends in naturally to J.R.R. Tolkien's writing style, that it almost feels close to what my guess is as to how Legolas ended up losing Gollum, but also joined the Fellowship on their quest to Mordor. It would make sense that Thranduil charged Legolas as messenger for the Wood-elves, when Legolas came to Rivendell for the Council.

This story was well done and it deserves the place it received in the Teitho Contest. Shame I can't add this story to my hobbit community - for obvious reasons, since the community is for stories centered around Frodo or have him as a secondary lead character, if the plot balances between the two lead roles. This story is good, but I'm still willing to add it to my favorite stories' list.

Nonetheless, very good work on your part. I liked reading this story.

-Aria Breuer
dreamflower02 chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
This is a nice gapfiller-very well-executed!