Reviews for By your side
Dina C chapter 5 . 6/28/2016
Loved the tenderness of this one. The whole series is delightful.
Guinevere81 chapter 17 . 10/24/2014
Oh, but I want to know what the present was...
HermioneGirl96 chapter 30 . 7/11/2013
BEES?

No mistakes. Well done. Good story. Lovely. Yes.
HermioneGirl96 chapter 29 . 7/11/2013
"Hardly," not "hardy."

Lovely.

Although, engagements can be pretty long. My parents were engaged for two and a half years. So a few months . . . I mean, it takes at least that just to plan a wedding.
HermioneGirl96 chapter 28 . 7/11/2013
"It will be a way," not "it will be away."

Hyphenated last names? Oh dear.

And I definitely, definitely love your angst.
HermioneGirl96 chapter 27 . 7/11/2013
"How did they even get there?" not "how did they even got there?"

"Will you marry me" is how it's typically phrased. Not "would you marry me." Does it work that way in Spanish? Is a proposal "Te casarás conmigo" or "te casarías conmigo"? If it works the same way as English, it would be "Te casarás," but I've just realized I don't know.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh.
HermioneGirl96 chapter 26 . 7/11/2013
No mistakes. And I think Molly's right. But it was a pretty short chapter, so I'll just say I'm looking forward to the last arc and leave it at that.
HermioneGirl96 chapter 25 . 7/11/2013
"I don't think that's ever going to change" is what I hope you meant. Rather than "I don't think that's not ever going to change." English doesn't go for double negatives like Spanish does.

"His voice a mere whisper," not "his voice a mare whisper."

The coupons seemed kind of cliche until the specifics came out. And even then . . . but whatever. They're cute, and your specifics are very Sherlocky. Which is a word.
HermioneGirl96 chapter 24 . 7/11/2013
After you put, "an hour later," using the word "later" again made it seem like you were still refering to the same initial time. "Half an hour after that" would have been clearer. SUPER PICKY CORRECTION.

"Running his thumb lightly over the back of Sherlock's hand," not "running his thumb lightly on the back of Sherlock's hand." Once again, SUPER PICKY.

I really like your angsty chapters. So much. Probably because they do end well and I have faith in that. But also because you're good at the beautiful kind of heartbreaking.
HermioneGirl96 chapter 23 . 7/11/2013
"Mull it over," not "mull over it." And no, I don't have a clue why it works that way.

Okay, I definitely like your angst. And your Lestrade. He talks right for himself. In-character and all that. And your Johnlock is . . . yes.
HermioneGirl96 chapter 22 . 7/11/2013
"Caught off guard," not "taken off guard."

"Breathe out," not "breath out."

"A lump forming in his throat," not "a lump forming n his throat."

I actually kind of like your angst, though I may have felt differently if I didn't have a "next" button to push to take me to the next chapter right away.
HermioneGirl96 chapter 21 . 7/11/2013
"Enlighten me as to," not "enlighten me on." Also, "see the beautiful view," not "visit the beautiful view." Did you mean "on the flat's rooftop," rather than "or the flat's rooftop"?

"I just thought," not "I just though."

The sun came up that fast? Wow. And Sherlock would get his ideas from Molly.
HermioneGirl96 chapter 20 . 7/11/2013
"How you even managed to get locked up," not "how did you even manage to get locked up." The phrase you wrote would have been correct on its own, but it doesn't work with the ending: "is beyond me."

Such a sweet chapter. I love your fluff.
HermioneGirl96 chapter 19 . 7/11/2013
John was talking about Sherlock's curls (plural), so, even though "hair" is singular, I think Sherlock should say "them" and "they" when talking about it in order to be consistent with John. And that is called a SUPER PICKY correction, so don't worry about it.

Sherlock can wear jeans? I didn't know that was physically possible. :P
HermioneGirl96 chapter 18 . 7/11/2013
Oh excellent. No, actually, that was brilliant. No mistakes (congratulations!) but also a great chapter. The ending made me smile. You have an excellent sense of the characters: the way Sherlock relies on John sometimes and is fiercely independent other times, the way John is just a little mischevous, the comfort and sarcasm and everything.

You're also REALLY FREAKING GOOD at writing, especially dialogue. You don't waste words. You only use attributions when you need them and you let one-word quips stand, which is in fact exactly how people talk. You let the characters go around and around a point when something's bothering them, but you also let them move past a matter very quickly if it's of little emotional consequence. All of which comes together to make your writing believable and enjoyable.

I hope you can take my criticisms in stride. I really don't mean any harm, even if I do sound harsh. I do enjoy and admire your writing.