Reviews for Vox Libertas
cutemara chapter 38 . 2/25
I gotto be honest, I read this entire story until this point in an incredibly slow and steady manner and then I saw Madge's name and I just freaked out cos she's my favourite character and I just LOVE her with Gale...and speed read the last two chapters! I think you just made me so incredibly happy! I'm going to run off to read the rest of it now...
Mystanthos chapter 2 . 11/10/2014
I don't really have an interest in the Hunger Games, but this is very well written
hinkeeverlark chapter 5 . 10/19/2014
oh I feel so bad for Peeta when he has to see her kissing Gale. :(
I do wonder, why wouldn't he tell Coin to rescue her immediately? He says himself that he doesn't have anybody to speak for, if Katniss isn't there. He's smart. He knows everything he says will be taken out on Katniss. This must mean he won't be willing to cooperate until she's rescued. Just as she wasn't willing to cooperate, once she figured out how Snow used him in the original. How do you see that?
hinkeeverlark chapter 3 . 10/19/2014
oh my, this is getting really exciting and scary! I like it!
Varin chapter 48 . 9/29/2014
OMG! This was excellent, even though it was dark. A bit darker than I like usually, but I could not stop reading. Literally. 6PM to 8:30 AM, one shot, no sleep. Thank goodness I'm off work today.

I recognized Brue and the Lion as I'm currently reading "Girls' Night Out", so thank you for acknowledging that so I knew that I wasn't going cuckoo from sleep deprivation.

I'm curious as to why Snow had the 'marriage' annulled as soon as the rebel armies arrived. He had to know that he wasn't going to live if the Capital lost, therefore Katniss would be a widow. Unless he did it in a subtle political move to discredit Coin if Katniss were to be penalized, but I can't see him doing anything to protect her (unless the fetus is a clone and he had a weird idea that he'll live on).

I like that you didn't dumb down your analogies and historical references by stating outright what they were, however I am a fairly intelligent person with an advanced degree and you still lost me on some of them. (The Roman ones I got thanks to 'I, Claudius' and a Roman History class I took in college. I had to read Suetonius, I can't believe you named your historian that.) I was so caught up in the 'What-Happens-Next!' haze that I was not about to stop and wikipedia your descriptions to find out what you were talking about. Now I can't remember the analogies in question and that's a lot of story to get through to find them again.

There's one in this author's note: I got that the sequel will be Alma Coin's take on Robespierre, but you lost me with the Georgian with the big mustache. I first thought Georgian period, which is (I think) the early years of the Twentieth Century, so I was wondering- Kaiser Wilhelm? I tried to think of a US Georgian, no luck, then I thought of Russian Georgian. You mean Stalin, don't you? Sh*t.

Please don't take it personally if I don't dive right into the sequel. I may wait for it to be completed first. I don't like to read the dark unless it's resolved. I see a lot of character deaths coming, and I hope it's not too horrible. I personally think Coin is going to be the agent of her own destruction and that Peeta's days as a humble baker in Twelve are probably numbered.

Looking forward to the next time. :)
jmint945 chapter 42 . 7/28/2014
You really had me fooled that the dream sequence was real until Porus smashed his face but even then I still thought it could be real. I am really glad that Gale did not die. I was so like, "Nooooo..." when I read Gale had sacrificed himself. Another good chapter and I am glad to see Prim.
jmint945 chapter 40 . 7/22/2014
I know it was only a small part of the chapter but I so thought the reason Joe had the voice box was because he was an Avox. I will be interested to see how it goes in the capitol. I hope we finally see more of Katniss.
Guest chapter 38 . 7/12/2014
I liked the fluff. I was beginning to think Peeta had lost his softer side which is one of the things I really liked about him. I can't wait for the wedding. I do wish there was a little more info on Katniss, but am really enjoying the story.
Anka7995 chapter 48 . 6/21/2014
This was a truly wonderful story!
I have been looking for a Peeta centric fic for so long and this feels like my searches are over. I am actually having something reminiscent to what I had after I read Deathly Hallows and Mockingjay! I don't know what to do now that this story is over! Okay, you are going to continue it, but still. Withdrawal symptoms, really.
Anyways, all I wanted to say is great work! I loved the way you portrayed Gale and Peeta. I didn't even mind Katniss' absence.
This is by far my favourite fanfiction and to tell you the truth I liked it even better than Mockingjay. The way you described Panem, past, present was really amazing.
Awesome, really. I am recommending this story to all my friends.
I guess enough of my ramblings
Well, thank you for sharing this story! I loved it.
jmint945 chapter 26 . 6/19/2014
Wow! Central does many questionable things. It really makes a person think if they really want these people to be part of the rebellion. They don't seem much better then the capitol minus them not having avox. On the lighter side. I never thought of Gale as much of a cook.
jmint945 chapter 21 . 5/15/2014
Oh man, poor Finnick. I was surprised at the extent of his injuries especially because of his "line of work" in the capitol though I totally understand that he knew a lot of imformation. The Avox part is not too much of a surprise. I have to ask, "Is Katniss really pregnant with Snow's baby?" I suppose I will find out as I read more.
jmint945 chapter 15 . 5/9/2014
I did not expect Annie to be on the hovercraft. She seems a little too all there for what we know of Annie. Poor thing having to watch Finnick being tortured. I am glad those soldiers got punished for what they did though I don't quite understand why they were whipped before being shot. I am glad the one that just kept silent was punished too.
Emme019 chapter 7 . 5/3/2014
I have no idea whether or not I already reviewed this chapter (I've read it last time, but I don't think I reviewed). Anyway, I'm back again (sorry about the delay). It was fun to see how Cressida is as a person and how she got in the position she's in now. Peeta has always had his way with words, so it must've been difficult (or not) for you to write the things he says. Well done.
jmint945 chapter 11 . 4/27/2014
I had to look up after reading the last chapter to see what vox meant. It is a good name for Peeta. That coat sounds amazing. I like the detail you go into describing it. I could actually picture it in my head. I have to say I had to giggle just a bit. I can not really hear Beetee saying "freakin". Good chapter.
jmint945 chapter 2 . 4/18/2014
Wow, the baby thing was a surprise. I hope Peeta takes care of her some.