Reviews for Barnakarl
So beautiful. *sniffs* :)
MarionArnold chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
That was lovely - love the idea of Athelstan observing the prayer rituals and singing while doing his chores. I also loved the idea of the musical swap
LJ Summers chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
This is so sweetly charming. A lovely way to close my day. Thank you.
BrittanyBear chapter 1 . 2/27/2014
I'm just going to sit over here with my feelings... Love this.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
Cool
Raven Aorla chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
This is bittersweet and wonderful.
starstriding chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
This is perfect.
Sarah Lynne chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
Wow, what a lovely look into a character that's pretty much wallpaper in canon so far. I loved seeing Gyda's POV and how she compares herself to the rest of her family. Her relationship with Athelstan was also beautifully done. I see the gentle calm of it and how it's so soothing to her. Seeing how she sees him, too, is also very intriguing. Thanks for giving Gyda a voice when canon doesn't.
carolinagirl2 chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
This was so beautifully written!
Cat chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
I would never think to write from Gyda's perspective but this is perfectly done! And works so well to point out the fragility of Athelstan's place in their world, all the ways that he's so different from them. I loved the description of him as a lamb among wolves.

I think my favorite part was this:
Her parents are like a storm, her brother like a snapping wolf cub. She has never feared them, wild and fierce though they are; they are her world and she loves them as they are. But they are not like her, or she is not like them, and sometimes she is lonely for someone else like her: like a cat curled in the sun, like the North Star.

Then he comes, and he is like the hearth fire.

It really perfectly describes how Gyda isn't as fierce and warrior-like as the rest of them, and how Athelstan must seem like a welcomed calming force in her life. :) Love it!
TheDreamerLady chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
This is really well written, and I really like your characterization of Gyda.
Amanda
Because I Can and Will chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
This is so cute, and exactly how i pictured their relationship.
GuardCourfBare chapter 1 . 4/11/2013