Reviews for 22 Sinchi
TenDollarT chapter 21 . 3/8/2018
ajdflakjfaksd.

The tension. The romance. Naya, Grunt, Bash and Frankie. Even Marshall.

I can believe it's been five years since Sinchi updated and I can't remember who I was or what I was doing in 2013, but goddamn is this still good.

Fondest wishes, Corentin. Even if there's never more, this still absolutely titanic and something to always be proud of.

Regards,

T.
Talaraine chapter 21 . 4/28/2017
Have to comment, even after all this time. The leap into the middle of plot, the flashbacks that are not only relevant to the chapter at hand, not only poignant to the point of goofy smiles, but then leading into the next chapter with vital info. THAT SCENE with Naya in Liara's hideout. Fuck I swear...I went to pieces with Shepard's dogtags. Honestly. The give and take of a decades long relationship without either of them becoming something else in the lame interest of just making the relationship work. The fact that Jack was pregnant?! And lastly...Jack's relationship with SpecterShep (not SpectreShep) brought me to tears. This really moved me. I have to say something.

Heading into Part 2 with a wide grin. Looking forward to its completion! Thanks so much for the energy you spent on this wonderful tale. )
Aziethe chapter 20 . 4/27/2017
just to clarify i'm blaming the 'hard to explain' part on the cold, not my emotional attachment! i would have been in love with this verse regardless. damn ffnet and the inability to edit reviews :(
Aziethe chapter 21 . 4/27/2017
ok as you know i went off and read downfall straight away because i couldn't wait but i had to come back to this and at least try and say something.

i'm a sometimes-fan of jackanda normally but they're given such gravitas here that i was blown away (although that goes for all of the normandy crew). and at last this fic says what seldom do-that relationships are effing /hard/. not only jackanda but miri/bashir, naya/frankie, and all the friendships. hard fought for, harder to keep.

the biotic display by bash was so cool, easy to see why frankie would be jealous. i loved the evolution of miri's relationship with him and her feeling that naya wouldn't turn to her first but then she does, it was so precious.

i did worry for a minute that naya wasn't real! in fact the entire scene underground was so tense i was never entirely sure who was going to make it out alive.

for a series that uses flashbacks regularly it's not backwards looking at all; in fact despite the gritty feel and realistic consequences of violence i feel it's ultimately hopeful. shepard is dead and none of them will ever see her again, but life continues and there's a sense that they will ultimately triumph without her-guided in part by her example which looms larger than her in death. it's a bittersweet lesson and one that's very relateable irl.

This was such an intriguing story, so different and so cleanly executed. i'm emotionally attached in a way i find difficult to explain (going to blame it on having a major cold atm, which this comforted me through). Thank you so much for sharing.
Aziethe chapter 8 . 4/23/2017
this premise is amazing and i love everything about it so far.

especially the jackanda and everything you've put them through. i identify with this ship so much on a personal level it's frightening.

i also am loving the short chapters, makes me want to keep reading obsessively as my ereader tells me there's only 2 minutes left in a chapter... time to sneak in one more before bed ;)
galpinre chapter 21 . 2/17/2016
Glad to hear that you enjoyed writing this, as I very much enjoyed your story and your writing skills ... thank you!
electric gurrl chapter 21 . 5/17/2015
This was amazing. I loved Jack and Miranda, and how they had grown, but how they were IC still. Their love and bond together was great. I really loved the plot as well, and the concept of the story.
loanma chapter 1 . 3/20/2015
Amazing story. I love your Jack and Miranda so much. I wish there will be more Jack/Miranda to read in your future stories.
AmityN7 chapter 3 . 10/19/2014
Finnally got the time to read! Loving what I've seen so far, i really like Jack being disabled and having to rely on help which is so out of her comfort zone. And you do a impressive job of showing how time has passed and things have changed. A lot of people would do a time jump like this and have everyone be the same so i applaud you for that! Really loving this, but Frankie? Come on...Miranda would never name her daughter that. Like their son though, he seems like someone Jack would have raised. Can't wait to read more :)
Neutral Ground chapter 21 . 10/1/2014
I definitely enjoyed this story, but I have to say I'm not a fan of one of the major "arcs" within this chapter-namely, that of distance growing between Miranda and Jack, and then having it kinda just get solved by sex. Otherwise I thought this was a very compelling story.
Neutral Ground chapter 18 . 9/30/2014
Well, now seems a good as time to begin to comment as any.

Firstly I'd like to say that despite some serious misgivings I've found this story quite interesting (I still think that Jack/Miranda is not a relationship that could ever work in a healthy way, but kudos to you for making it at least plausible in your 'verse). I liked the way you structured the story, with the whole mystery vibe-and I especially like the tangible feel of grime on the universe that would very much be left over after the "Destroy" ending in ME3. Your characterization of Miranda and Jack is quite well done, though I found the other characters tended to blur together a little. By far your most interesting creation to me is Bashir. Very well done.

Another standout moment was the sequence with Glyph. The "friendly-but-psychopathic" robot trope is a little old but you pulled it off with style. I liked how you had him introduced in a frightening fashion to Jack-then you sort of get our guard down as he's pleasant, but maintain that something's off before the big confrontation. I thought that was very skillfully done.

My only real moment of pause-and I suppose this might be me being prudish, so take it with a grain of salt-is that I feel that the sex scenes were unnecessary. Forgive me for rambling a moment, but I think that being in an environment where sex scenes are, let's face it, a subculture unto themselves, can nomalize them and divorce them of the realistic weight they carry. I'm not quite convinced that the sex scenes you had here were entirely necessary.

Overall, though, I've enjoyed this story, and I look forward to finishing it. I just wanted to share my thoughts. Certainly, I tend to be fairly picky with the fiction I read and this is the first story I've actively followed in quite some time that didn't have me grumbling the entire way through. I look forward to seeing where you take this story, and these characters.

All the best.
AmityN7 chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
Really great first chapter, excellent introduction to your plot and I'm already interested and invested. You do a lot of unique things here so i look forward to reading more. my only complaints are Miranda's voice was just a little bit off, she was a little too open and friendly with James and Miranda doesn't really curse like that ( maybe Jack rubbed off some on her XD) but it wasn't anything major. can't wait to read more of this!
The Allusive Man chapter 21 . 8/30/2014
You did a fantastic job with Miranda and Jack, conveying the depth of their love for each other, for the family they built together. I'm left saddened by Jack's physical state, but happy for the satisfying emotional life she has created with Miranda. Really, I thought everything about the story was pretty spectacular. You have a way of bringing me into these intimate moments, feeling what your characters feel. Bashir is a wonderful creation, and I hope to see lots more of him in Downfall, along with the beloved cast of regulars. I suspect James and Ashley are ultimately meant to be together, but I welcome the complication that Tali promises to bring to that prospect. In summary, bravo, and on to the next!
The Allusive Man chapter 18 . 8/30/2014
Whoa. That was incredible. Gripping, chaotic, terrifying. So perfectly described. The use of short, terse sentences served you quite well, as I felt myself sucked into the pace of the scene. Bravo, my friend. Bravo.
The Allusive Man chapter 17 . 8/30/2014
Wow. That was a great chapter, from the opening intimate flashback to the cliffhanger ending. Love the addition to Asari lore. Bashir is a kick-ass OC who is really growing on me. Excuse me now, I need to read the next chapter!