Reviews for Is it Vengeance or Justice that you seek?
mworth1019 chapter 10 . 9/14
Great story
GBTtown chapter 1 . 9/12
I like the title to this story!
You can hear it in context in the trailers for the upcoming remake of the "Magnificent Seven".
SeerFlight1011 chapter 4 . 7/16
Go Harry! I pity him for having to work with politicians though. I wish him luck in that arena.
smiles2go chapter 10 . 6/29
A good take on an old story. I like smart Harry
"Close to where Voldemort's wand and robe lay" Yet another inconsistency as you had Harry burn them and blow away the ash, remember?

Excellent story, but maybe get a Beta reader in order to avoid the missing and improper word use, and the inconsistencies.
Okay, there have been a few inconsistencies in this story that I have ignored until now as they haven't really had an effect on the story, however the one at the beginning of this chapter is too glaring to ignore. You tell us that Harry was "pulled from Morhpeus' realm" - meaning he was woken up - by Hedwig tapping at the window, and yet there were, somehow, bacon scraps from breakfast for Hedwig to eat? That makes no sense.
Also, throughout this whole story, there have been numerous wrong and missing words, some of the missing ones completely changing the meaning of your sentence, and you can tell from the context, that yes, a word was definitely missing.
Still a good story and worth the read, though.
Hermione is lucky that what she did to Harry wasn't considered betraying him. Her and Ron seem to flip flop quite a bit - one minute they're on Harry's side, the next Harry has to chew them out for their attitude. I don't know if this is intentional or not. Are you building to us finding out a potion or something is involved?
Great story.
martin.presston.9 chapter 9 . 5/13
One of the best final battle scenes ive ever read and that includes J Ks. Hated to see both ginny and ron die doesnt seem right but made for an intense read thank you for sharing a great story
Kris chapter 10 . 4/17
Highly enjoyable!
Ariadne Venegas chapter 10 . 1/29
I really like it!

It was different and I hope than Susan also had find a good man, she needs to recreate the Bones house
katmom chapter 10 . 11/25/2015
Thank you for sharing your twist on Canon. It was a joy to read.

Kathie
Guest chapter 10 . 11/22/2015
In chapter 3 you wrote "I'm trying to show Dumbledore as what he is; a good man who made too many mistakes regarding Harry, a man who has been in power for too long and believes in his own image too much but still a good man at heart."

In the chapters since then, but especially in this chapter, you have shown that Dumbledore is truly mad.

Also, I would have suspected that the soldiers, who were present for the minister and later to save Dumbledore, would have been able to bring Dumbledore down.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/22/2015
"Some of you might think that my stance on Dumbledore has taken a 360"
That means it is exactly as before, maybe you meant 180?

You're showing Dumbledore as you want to show him, not as he is, because there is no "he is".

Dumbledore has made many mistakes, and not only regarding Harry, but towards society. Some of those you already mentioned. Many of his mistakes are that he does nothing, although he has the power to do something. He allowed the Death Eaters to get free with "Imperius". He imprisoned Sirius just have his way with Harry. He allows incompetent teachers at school (Muggle studies, Potions, Divination, History, CoMC). At least two teachers are not there because of their teaching abilities, but for their own protection. While Divination is no real problem, because of Snape many students don't get a Potions NEWT, which is needed at least for Aurors, Healers and Potion Masters. Snape is also Head of Slyterin and encourages the rivalry between Slytherin and Gryffindor.

Now I realize that this story is AU after fifth year, but in canon year six he know that Draco is after him, yet does nothing about it. As a result, two people almost die, and at the end of the year the school is invaded by Death Eaters. He is almost dead, but doesn't tell Harry, and makes him witness his death to manipulate Harry further.
He again withholds information and the sword from Harry and in book 7 it is just by multiple occurrences of incredible luck that they succeed.

A big problem with Dumbledore is that nobody dares to question him.

Dumbledore either has some evil plan for his "Greater Good", and he doesn't care that half the wizarding world dies as a consequence.
Or Dumbledore is a stupid/senile old man with too much power and no checks.
(Or Dumbledore is secretly controlled by someone else with an evil plan.)
Guest chapter 2 . 11/22/2015
"Dumbledore is at fault, why wasn't Snape Oblivated of the prophecy or killed."
I agree with this (the oblivaition part, Dumbledore would never get his own hands dirty).

"Sirius was the first person on the scene that Halloween, but he gave me to Hagrid because Hagrid told Sirius that it was Dumbledore's orders that I go to the Dursleys."
I'm glad that someone realizes this. In canon, neither Harry nor Sirius notice.

"Hell, I would have been better off at an orphanage. But of course, you didn't want another Tom Riddle did you."
I also think he would have been much better at an orphanage. I even think Rille's orphanage 50 years ago was better than the Dursleys.
It seems that Dumbledore decided from the beginning that Harry should be raised to die willingly. The only reasonable explanation from book 7 is because of the Horcrux in the scar. Yet Dumbledore said in book 1 he wouldn't remove the scar even if he could. Even if we accept that there was no other way to get rid of the scar, it would have been nice if Dumbledore had at least tried for more than a few hours. Besides, he later says that he was not sure why Voldemort survived and he learned it when he saw the diary.
So there is no justifiable reason to bring Harry to the Dursleys. In fact, there was no reason why Harry should be known as the BWL. Of the four people that night, his parents were dead, Voldemort not available for comment and Harry too young to remember. If they wanted at all to mention the Potters to the public, they could have said his parents defeated Voldemort, but didn't survive. It would even be true if Lilly invoked something special with her sacrifice. It it must be something special, I'm sure in all conflicts in the magical world, she was not the first mother willing to sacrifice her life for her child.