Reviews for Not What You Seem
ice-storm1196 chapter 14 . 11/28
So. I do hope that you come back to this. It is rare to find a Merlin story at all that's any good (unfortunately), much less a Merlin/Harry Potter crossover. Your characters are fairly solid, and the story is interesting. What's more though, the narrative flows pretty well. In most of the stories I find, I can't get past chapter one; the dialogue is forced, the narration is strained, the characters are completely OOC, backstory is wrong...there's a lot.
Your story actually kept me invested all the way to chapter 14. The dialogue is a bit clunky sometimes, and Merlin seems to act and speak a bit like the 11th Doctor, but all in all, it's a fairly good tale.
I don't usually read WIPs, if they haven't been updated in a long time, but...I live in hope. So, like I said, I hope you continue this.
Enderheart5911 chapter 14 . 11/24
You write Merlin so wonderfully. He seems so incredibly amazing without even trying. Please, I beg of you, don't leave the story as it is. It seems that whenever I read a new story it stops updating as soon as I catch up to a certain point. I really hope that it's not the same for this one. You are a truly talented writer, regardless of what you say. I expect to be impressed by your next chapter, no matter what happens in it.
I really want to know what happebs to merlin. I enjoy yr fic very much
Retrobution chapter 14 . 11/10
This is a hilarious read- as well as an awesome one! Your portrayal of all the characters are fantastic, and I can't wait to read more! I started reading it all today, and out of all the chapters, this is the one where there's a giant cliffhanger... But take your time- I believe in you! If it's life-y problems, I hope everything works out well for you, and if it's writer's block, then I hope the barricading fortress of the block will come down and lead you to inspiration. Of course if you don't feel like writing at all, that's cool too- the story is absolutely fantastic and will always be a wonderful read. Nevertheless, whether it's this story or another one- you have great talent, and keep on writing!
MoonlyMoon chapter 14 . 11/7
Just one more chapter or even an explanation would be appreciated
A fan chapter 14 . 10/30
Plz update
AWholeFleetOfShips chapter 14 . 10/22
I just want you to know that I love this story. I especially like how Merlin's thoughts ramble. I think it's a fantastic way to display Merlin's touch of insanity. I really want to read more of this wonderful story, so please continue :)
rhiandowding2003 chapter 14 . 10/19
Ahhh! The feels are slowly eating me!
I wasn't going to read this, then my sister recommended it, and she was laughing so much that I just had to. So glad I did too.

The only bad thing in the grand totality of this story is that it needs more chapters. I may well get more and more unhinged as I wait, so fifths sake of my sanity, I would really like you to update.
It's a brilliant idea, and I love both your writing style, the details (like peeves bowing), and the fact that you made Merlin young. I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't want to have to deal with back pains as he goes gallivanting. - is that how you spell this?
LaughingFish36 chapter 14 . 10/19
You have left me with a humugasaurous cliff hanger, the least you can do is have the decency to update it. I need to to know what happens next. I need to.
I can't be held responsible for my actions.
I'm an unbalanced girl.
No one would judge me.

And I've been needing a new pair of slippers.

Just started to read this story, and its amazing, it make me really sad to see you haven't updated in year, but I guess I knew what I was getting into when I started. Anyway its amazing and if you ever decide to continue writing I look forward to reading the next chapter.
This is the best Harry Potter/ Merlin crossover I've read. I love how you haven't written Merlin as sad and depressed all the time. That being said, please, please, please update soon.
Hopefully theres a chance of you continuing because this is really good. I love the premise and the way you make the crossover mesh.
Anonymous Nobody chapter 14 . 9/22
I just wanted to thank you for your wonderful story!
It was like finding a box of chocolate frogs just when you needed them :)
Each chapter was better then the last, and it's been lovely watching your story and writing style develop. Whether you ever finish your tale or not, it has been one of the best reads I found here in a long time - Thank you ever so much! I'll enjoy creating crazy imaginings for who managed to catch Merlin off guard, and if he did remember to water his plants… (but I'm sure Neville will take excellent care of them).
I hope you are well, and gone on to greater things - but if your Muse returns with her spark of Inspiration, remember us with fondness :)
Sincerely, Truly, with Warm Regards and Best Wishes,
I am, of course,
Please update soon! I need to know what happens next.
Superwholockingers chapter 14 . 9/16
Please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE update.