Reviews for When The Tree Fell
Guest chapter 15 . 11/23/2013
"I'm not here with you because of her." I hope he means he not with Bella because she looks like Vivian & he's not with her because his wife is dead.

"I knew you were meant to be with me." I hope he is saying they are meant to be & he would be with her even if Vivian were alive.

Bella saved him, saved his life!
Guest chapter 17 . 11/23/2013
He cannot return her verbal declaration. He cannot give her what she wants. They need to talk! Can he tell her he feels it without absolute certainty but can't say the words yet? That would help!

Have either gone for professional help?
bonz245 chapter 17 . 11/24/2013
Good .
anitabonita2413 chapter 17 . 11/24/2013
I don't know if that's going to sit well with Bella. Kind of sucks he couldn't say it back.
thunnababy chapter 17 . 11/23/2013
Is the reason he can't say the words he feels for bella because he thonks he would somehow betray his dead wife by doing so? I think it's clear that he does love Bella, but it seems he has a long way to go before he is able to let go of the past and it's terrible memories. Perhaps he never will be able to do that but with Bella's love, support and infinite patience I think he'll be able to push through that terrible barrier of grief and guilt that is holding his heart prisoner.
beckysue999 chapter 17 . 11/23/2013
Beautifully written, and very, very hot.

Poor Edward. I'm thinking that saying the words out loud brings him closer to the possibility of losing Bella like he did his wife, and breaking his heart again. It's a huge step for him to take after everything he's gone through, expressing his love openly and making a commitment. Under normal circumstances, saying those words can be as scary as it freeing. In Edward's case, it's a huge leap of faith, I think, that things won't go to hell again.

I'm hoping that Bella can read the love in his eyes, and be patient.
tff000 chapter 17 . 11/23/2013
good
Kate1386 chapter 17 . 11/23/2013
Wonder how Bella will feel about him not being able to say it?
alli62 chapter 17 . 11/22/2013
That was very beautiful yet extremely sad. I can already tell the next one is going to hurt.
malleelee chapter 17 . 11/22/2013
There are some phrases containing the words frenzy and passion bubbling, that tend to make me giggle. But this chapter is one of honest, real intensity. From the beginning paragraph setting the emotion of our two lovers, to the description of the waiting bed, the control of Edward, his desire to be the man Bella deserved is known. He was the lover Bella wanted, until his not answering with 'I love you, Bella'.
Heatherl8367 chapter 17 . 11/22/2013
So beautiful. Wow.

What's holding him back from the words, though. Must be fear. Can't wait for more.
GrandeDame chapter 17 . 11/22/2013
I hope the reason why he can't say "I love you" to Bella isn't because he's still hung up on his deceased wife. :(
muffinmom chapter 17 . 11/22/2013
Wow, glad Bella let him in, wonder what's his hang up with saying ILY?
Robward17 chapter 17 . 11/22/2013
Ebil Cockblocker You! Too short..NEED more! He might not be able to say them, but he sure as hell feels them. Just a matter of time til they spill out. *sigh* Love this, Linda xo
vivalarye chapter 17 . 11/22/2013