Reviews for How To Survive In Middle Earth When You're A Teenaged Girl
Pepper101 chapter 1 . 9/18
i love it
madamezou chapter 25 . 8/28
Ok, so, uhm, i just read it all in one sitting (i had already read few chapters years ago, when you first posted them, but then i stopped reading fanfic for a while...) and I loved it.
First of all, being a sucker for the GIME trope and having been read plenty of them, I have to say that the plot is so damn refreshing and original and new... I realize how difficult it is to think of a different way to go with this trope and you did it wonderfully! Kudos for that.
Then, of course, I like the way you write. It just flows very well and it's colorful enough to keep the reader interested without being either the word-to-word retelling of movie/book or clutter with useless details/fact about the protagonist (I mean, seriously, I don't care painfully detailed descriptions of outfits or three chapters of her social life before being dropped in ME!). And it's very distinctive.
Finally, you managed not to make a Sue of her, which is great. Not only in appearance/skills/personality, but also in the way the others see her (which is where many GIME falls, imo). There was the tiniest bit of it in the Rivendell chapters, in her interactions with Elrond, but save for that it was perfect (and I'm terribly nitpicking so maybe that's just me!).

So, *fantastic job* and thanks for writing.

(I do realize you probably abandoned this one, but I wanted to tell you that anyway!)

...off to write the one-shots (i'm not ready to say goodbye to Priscilla)
LittleMissRainCloud chapter 25 . 7/16
I hope this story isnt abandoned :(. I really want to find out what happens to priscilla and this story is too awesome to give up! Looking forward to the next chapter, whenever it may come
RHJunior chapter 2 . 4/18
one does wonder how women of the medieval or dark ages dealt with such- ah, personal problems... I'm sure there's a scholarly article on it somewhere.
TheCatalystx chapter 3 . 2/18
"Priscilla found that the new world she now occupies does not have residents that speak English. This is depressing to her." That felt like I was watching a parody and some narrator with a dry sense of humor started reading directly from the script and I really loved it XD

If you can't tell by these reviews I'll read a bit and then come down to add some more into the review, so that's why it's all broken up. But yeah, I really enjoyed the humor in this chapter! All the different nicknames to describe her little merry group of men guiding her. "Rescuers, Saviors, Captors, Knights of the Round Table." Really great stuff :)
TheCatalystx chapter 2 . 2/18
Oh my god, that HUMILIATION. The EMBARRASSMENT. The INDECENCY of it all. A proper peeping tom, that was.

"I was in Generic Medieval Fantasy Land." First instinct: DON'T TALK ABOUT PETER JACKSON'S MASTERPIECE LIKE THAT! HE IS GENIUS AND ALL OF HIS - oh, wait, no, King Kong sort of sucked. BUT ALL THE REST WERE BEAUTIFUL.

Never been to Texas myself, but I suspect that the country is the same no matter where on the planet you're located. Rural life seems like a pretty straightforward thing, you know? Anywhere in the world, farms mean a good piece of land (hopefully) and a nearby water source. So, yeah, a well. Could be set in Texas. Could be set in Nebraska. Could be set in France. We'd never know the difference.

Yes, well done. I liked the chapter a lot! It's interesting you went the 'different languages' route, which is realistic, but no matter what she's gonna end up learning the language. So I'm a tad disillusioned to that whole aspect of 10th walkers. BUT STILL I reaaalllllllllyyy love your fic so far! FANTASTIC bravo, encore.
TheCatalystx chapter 1 . 2/18
Yo, dawg. You heard I like 10th walker fanfic.
Honestly this whole thing sounded exactly like my childhood and it was sort of strange. The heat, the farm life. Incessantly noisy farm animals who poop WAY too much and are oh so needy. Kids who are actually friends of your siblings and are weirdly clingy. The baptist comment made me laugh out loud, because I'm baptist too. Kind of surprised her name isn't Rachel or Ruth something if you're going with the whole biblical theme but whatever, Priscilla is cool too
I enjoy her sassiness. Hopefully it lasts through the fic, sometimes sass fades in fanfic?
ONTO THE NEXT CHAPTER

P.S. your chapter title is funny and confusing and I enjoy it a lot :) The well is the rabbit hole, so... Is Brian the white bunny? *Twilight zone theme music*
fruityfangirl chapter 1 . 1/30
I really hope that this fic hasn't been abandoned (even though I know that life can just be way too busy to have free time to do anything let alone write)!
VelmaInkley chapter 25 . 1/24
Wow, I love the serious character development in this story. I actually passed over it once years ago, but I'm glad I stumbled back to actually read it. While I was sad to see Gimli gone it's very intriguing to see what events and people are effected in the long run through Priscilla's actions.
Schyrsivochter chapter 25 . 1/11
Whaaat?! You did—you didn’t abandon this story, did you? You can’t leave me here, craving for the next chapter and the end of this story! It’s the best (or maybe second-best) “human from Earth is trapped in Middle-earth” story I’ve ever read!
egg chapter 25 . 1/3
this is the best oc fic to ever grace thise hell hole cesspool of a website
adelphe24 chapter 25 . 11/2/2015
No...no no no. You can't leave it like that it's against all the rules. Always finish a good fanfic. Sorry but you gotta write on.
KEJunge chapter 25 . 10/6/2015
Oh I looooove your story! I like all the twists and turns and being uncertain of liking or despising some characters. You are a brilliant writer and I dearly hope that you will find the time to continue this fantastic story!
do0m chapter 3 . 9/29/2015
This is FAB! I love that you're addressing the actual problems that would be faced, and that you addressed the language barrier! why does no-one notice that they aren't speaking English. Once more, you're FAB!
Santiel chapter 25 . 8/21/2015
I have enjoyed reading this so much! Are you going to finish it?