Reviews for That Blue is Getting Me High (And Making Me Low)
summerreader13 chapter 1 . 4/24
Wow, this was amazing. Seriously, one of the best I've ever read. I'm assuming that you're probably not going to post another one, but I'm hoping you do.
HofYecats chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
That was heartbreaking and wonderful and just alskdjfal;sjdf
catspats31 chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
The story is great, but since it has the copied lyrics of Innocent Man's "A Love Like Pi" from elyrics . net, it breaks the following part of the Content Guidelines:

Actions not allowed:
3. Copying from a previously published work (including musical lyrics) not in the public domain.

Please remove all of the copied lyrics from your story if you don't want to be reported one day.

And in case you're wondering when and why that rule is made, here is the background information. Back on April 27, 2005, the admins put this message on the front page regarding songfics:

In addition, [this site] would like to address a growing problem. For whatever reason, some writers feel it's okay to copy-n-paste musical lyrics they have not written into their fiction. If you did not write it, do not post it. This has always been our policy. Please remove these entries immediately to avoid account closure.

Keep in mind that "public domain" means something that has expired intellectual properties, like Shakespearean works. And disclaimers don't cut it for song lyrics. Not even changing a few words from the original song will be enough.

catspats31
Member of Eliminator
BG-13 chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Whoa
Lynn chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
Yay! That was really good, like your writing tends to be. I liked the imagery with the roulette wheel., though i was a bit confused about the passing of time in the last half.

Hope you continue it (or My love for you for that matter), I'd like to read more from you.
libresbian chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Wow. I think you broke me. That was beautiful. Absolutely superb. I feel kinda dazed now.
NowImAllMessedUp chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
oh wow, this was beautiful and painful. i appreciated the repetition of the 'chloe is nothing if not a friend worth keeping' and the 'she doesn't mean to' -when used well, repetition is probably one of my favorite devices an author can utilize. and this is a perfect example of that. there are about too many things i could comment on in this fic (the use of colors, the gambling, portraying jesse a genuinely likable guy, having him miss the colors, the final line, to name a few). just know it's absolutely lovely and i look forward to seeing what you do with the next song.
I-Like-The-Way-You-Work-It chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
...ok, cookies for the anon that prompted this and hugs, kisses and ice cream for you :)
marievilfandoms chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Well this was amazing!

Even though I don't particularly enjoy Chloe and Beca cheating on Jesse. I think is a plot worth telling.

And the way you write, your descriptions, and the characterization. It's just beautiful.

Please do more!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
So I'm back, and I read it and yea, I was right. That was another beautiful piece of art done. Thank you so much for sharing. Beautifully written
SBU chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
I really liked this. When it got to the part where Chloe didn't feel like a friend at all, It just made so much sense because she was more than a friend to Beca and she was hurting Jesse so she wasn't being a good friend to him. That line just really got me. Outstanding. Good job.
aparody chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
wow, this was great!

something about the guilt being "damaging" punched me the gut. so raw.

if this is a random ipod shuffle, borrow my ipod. it's got at least 5000 songs on it and you can write forever.

also, if you're interested i have a couple of song suggestions.
nerdy03 chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Yeah this was brilliant even in its angst. l loved the colors you used for Beca and I really liked how well Chloe and Jesse got along (I was torn because I love Beca/Chloe but felt so bad for Jesse). Really enjoyed this and I can't wait for more of this :)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Okay, ill be honest... I actually haven't read this yet, cause I really really wanted to review first, because you're one of the veerryy few authors who actually have innate, pure, indescribable talent. I'm serious. I've missed your writing. I go back and read your fics because in looking for a beautifully written bechloe fic. And on too of all that, you seem like a pretty cool person, your author's note made me laugh haha. But anyways, just wanted to say, I'm glad you're back and I'm very excited to read more of your stuff! :).
I won't read this right now though, just cause I'm not in the best mood for angst lol, but I will get to it, cause I know it's greatly written. Cheers til then!