Reviews for Glory Days
TheOneButcher chapter 6 . 6/26
I found this story through google and am reading it piecewise, skipping a lot. I normally never do that, but the gratuitous and useless Japanese is just really jarring and pointless. I personally watched enough subs to get most of it, but I have to google a lot and over ninety percent of potential readers will have just no idea and drop this in disgust.

There are times where a singular instance of some culturally significant word might be worth being used and explained in the narration, like bushi marriage, but you have to use that really really sparingly. Your usage is simply horrible. If you would just cut it out this story would be okay, but as it is, it's completely terrible and I bet a lot of potential readers dropped it because of it.
chris8124u chapter 3 . 6/4
Like this story the only thing that could improve it would be a flashback where Genma tells Ranma about manstrabating making you blind and a young Ranma saying something like "yuck so that explains why you have glasses"
DschingisKhan chapter 1 . 3/24
What part of this is "of his own free will"? This is more like a Hobson's choice. Also, all the romanised Japanese is annoying; clean that up and it'll be much more readable.
IWANTODELETEACCOUNT chapter 3 . 3/11/2016
Weaboo
chris8124u chapter 8 . 3/13/2015
there are a couple out there one that I don't recall the title right now but where Ranma would rather be a girl (transgendered storyline) another where he choose to be a girl as a punishment
Guest chapter 3 . 9/16/2013
awesome i never read such a good storie
FireInLife chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
Gah, too much Japanese. If you are going to write in English, don't mix it up with other languages. It was so hard to read going through this, and ruined it quite a bit for me.
Tenchi Saotome chapter 8 . 4/30/2013
This was a pretty good story but it would have been more enjoyable if you didn't use so dam many Japanese words. If it wasn't for that this would be a great story.
tuatara chapter 8 . 4/16/2013
Well, I really can't say I enjoyed all of this story, but it was certainly an ambitious and well-intentioned effort. So kudos for that. I hope this series is continued again before too long. I particularly want to see how each of the girls deals with their new circumstances, especially Akane (who just couldn't catch a break in this story). Anyway, thank you for sharing it.
tuatara chapter 7 . 4/16/2013
…The postwar Japanese constitution has a clause about Chinese Amazons? Well, I give it points for guts and originality, at least.
tuatara chapter 6 . 4/16/2013
Am I right to assume, then, that you don't really know that much about neurology, especially when it comes to brain trauma? Because that's the impression I get from this. But I've thought for a long time about writing a story where Akane is left in a situation rather like this one, where her ability to communicate has been impaired and she has to figure out how to function physically all over again. So I will keep reading.

However, I really don't understand why "Ran" got slapped. When did she say anything about Ukyo wanting Akane to die?
zeltronica chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
interesting so far.
tuatara chapter 5 . 4/14/2013
Wait, wait, wait. Mrs. Tendo and Mrs. Kuno were *twin sisters*? And Nabiki and Tatewaki used to date, and now Tatewaki wants to date Akane (and Kodachi wants to kill her), despite them being first cousins? And when you say "twins," do you mean *identical* twins? If so…then they aren't just cousins, at least not on a genetic level. They're half siblings. They may as well have come from the same womb.

(Oh, and the Kuno siblings aren't twins. Kodachi is Ranma, Akane and Ukyo's age.)

There are other things I could discuss, but that's all for now.
Compucles chapter 8 . 4/14/2013
Overall, I quite enjoyed this story. I was going to complain about it ending too suddenly, but I'm glad you're turning it into a series. I wish you'd tone down the Japanese, though. I read a lot of Ranma fanfiction, and even I don't know what half these words mean, while readers without such an advantage could become totally lost.

When you do continue this, I hope you have Ranma and Akane look into the fun they could have with Instant Nannichuan. While I'm certainly no expert, I'd imagine they'd appreciate the advantages to having sex as a man and a woman (and not necessarily in their birth genders, although Ranma would probably be resistant to trying it that way), particularly the ability to have children of their own. Besides, legal marriage or not, I highly doubt the Japanese government would also a lesbian couple to adopt.
Compucles chapter 7 . 4/14/2013
It's Hinako, not Himako.

Hmm, interesting solution for Shampoo. While the Ukyo adoption solution has been overdone to the point of cliché, this is the first time I've seen a Shampoo adoption solution.