Reviews for Eye Of The Hurricane
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2016
Ok, this made me cry. Why can't we have Henry and Rumple bonding in the show?
Snapegirlkmf chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
I really liked this story!

I think you did a great job setting up Rumple and Henry here, and showing Rumple's protective paternal side. Rumple's right, Henry does need discipline, though it's understandable why he's behaving like a brat, still running off and scaring the daylights out of everyone and having an attitude with Rumple is never acceptable behavior. And Rumple's a good father, at least he was before he became the Dark One, and even after it, he never abused Bae. His discipline methods might be old fashioned in today's world, but hey, he DOES come from a place where a spanking for a bad attitude was comonplace and he didn't do anything more than what my parents did to me and my siblings as a child, and one spanking with your hand does not constitute abuse, expecially not when it's deserved.

Emma ought to aplogize to Rumple for saying such a thing-after all because of him the kid's not dead in a ditch or frozen to death, and it was a deserved punishment. Plus, she came to him and asked for help, and he actually came through for her, she ought to be grateful he did, and since he's family, Rumple has the right to deal out punishments. My grandma did when she watched me as a kid and my mom and dad totally allowed it because that's how it was in my family. You obeyed an adult when they said to do something-if not then you got in trouble.

I liked how Henry came to Rumple afterwards and they made up and Rumple told him a story, that was sweet! And I agree, he really does need to have a decent relationship on the show with Henry, if the writers allow it! Maybe in season 3?

I have a story with Henry and Rumple too as a more loving grandson and grandfather called The Gold Standard, if you'd like to read it.

Thanks for your great story!
Moma bear Emma Swan chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
AWW amazing The child Haven't snapped Before now . This Time Henry Henry Probably needed a spanking but SWeet Moment at the end. I like you showing Rumple cares for his grandson