Reviews for The Time Is Right
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 2/4
Sadly, neither the Marauders or Fred Weasley would be happy without a chew toy to prank—Tonks would be totally outnumbered and ignored. Albus would smile and look the other way as said chew toy, who couldn’t even hope to death to end his misery, pleaded for mercy. Lily? She’s a real Marauder now, and would probably be persuaded to come in on the fun. It’s possible that Tonks would end up the chew toy, unable to leave because of her love for Remus.

But Severus is obviously going to put a nicer face on things for Harry’s sake.
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 1/30
Yes, of course Harry would get off scot free in any tales of any attack-Snape is right about that, and Harry should have noticed it himself.

Love the bit with the mistletoe, though-Hagrid is right about love.
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 1/26
Oh. (sniffs, wipes eyes). I love the Christmas candle-and the third candle for Harry, of course.
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 1/21
Well, Snape was the only DADA professor who didn't try to kill Harry (I call a Global Obiviate a kind of death, myself)

And was there something about the man who killed Dumbledore that the new staffers missed reading in the paper somewhere? Seriously, have they all been in Brazil for the last ten years or so?

Plus there is no such thing as a lowly Auror-they can all put you in Azkaban if you mess up sufficiently, and at the very least, the Ministry holding cells are not a rest camp. Professors who are that stupid need to be teaching elsewhere.

One last thing-anyone who is stupid enough to not be nice to the person who does your laundry and fixes your food-well, ok, Sirius Black was that dumb, but one would hope the caliber of teachers at Hogwarts would be better than that. Obviously they are not.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 1/18
Awww...what a lovely Solstice ritual! And I'm glad that Harry isn't trying to take Albus' place, except in kindness.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 1/13
Why would Pomona pick Gryffindor colors when she's Head of Hufflepuff? But alas, even the other House Heads have had Gryffindor Uber Alles drummed into them over the decades.

And of course Severus is nervous. But then, if Snape had to avoid conversations with everyone who's tried to kill him, he'd have no social life at all. Harry has clearly forgotten how both Minerva and Flitwick did their best to murder Snape, while Snape just barely put up a defense and fled when he had no other option.
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 1/8
Oh, yes, Severus has been bitten by memory and old customs-but now he has a chance to add joy to it for the present day.
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 1/5
Considering the way that Harry wandered around (tunnel to Honeydukes, Chamber of Secrets) Harry could have wandered into Sybil's tower by accident just by trying to find the kitchens, I think.

Neat secret entrance!
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 12/30/2015
Yes, Snape is going to have to get used to having his life run by Molly Weasley; but given what his other two masters did to him, he's way better off with her. Though it's sad that he doesn't have friends or relatives, apparently, that Harry will have to get used to behaving around (which shows the terrible damage his sacrifice did to him, since everyone should have those).
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 12/25/2015
Oh, what a lovely Christmas! And I am reading it on that day as well.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 12/11/2015
Whoa! That's some shower scene, there. I think they both need to go back to bed, to nap.

Well, maybe...

Anyway, that is certainly one nice way to start out Christmas.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 12/7/2015
Well, that went better than I thought it would. And...I wonder if Hogwarts still think he's Headmaster?

That makes sense to have the Potions classroom next to a quick transfer point to the infirmary, though-surprised the lab was ever moved in the first place (though maybe that's why they wanted Severus.).

And now it's time for Severus to see all the portraits-including Albus.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 11/29/2015
Well...if Minerva is serious about her promises and doesn't start in on 'you can do just this thing this weekend...' work addition creep thing...and if she isn't listen to Portrait! Albus most of the time, then I suppose Severus and Harry might make a go of it at Hogwarts.

But remember, both McGonagall and Flitwick tried to kill Snape the last time he saw them. Let's hope they are as benign as they say they are.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 11/14/2015
Yes, I don't blame Minerva for wanting someone competent teaching potions. At least she now realizes that his teaching methods actually worked-but that would never have happened if he hadn't left.

And Snape could concentrate during this period on training a successor, otherwise he'll be stuck at Hogwarts forever, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want that.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 10/28/2015
Oh, that style of ring sounds really nice!

And Ron *really* doesn't want to hear about Harry's and Snape's personal life (he knows what it's like between him and Hermione, and can extrapolate quite nicely from there).

Ron is also right, that letting Harry into his personal brewing space is *real* intimacy and trust.

Pretty smart for a ginger!