Reviews for The Greater Desert
Makokam chapter 4 . 9/3/2013
So. That went south pretty fast.
And not like, balmy, tropical south, but antarctic south. ...yeah, that was both an incredibly lame(not even a) pun AND don't explain the joke at once.

I liked the talk with The Hero of Twilight. It was both...expository and cute. Or something...godamnit I got totally sidetracked and I have no idea what I was going to say.

I liked THoTs request to pass a message to Midna, if Link ran into her
I liked the cucco bits.
I liked the flashbacks.
And...
Yeah, okay, not my best review. I'm gonn end this here before it turns into any more of a train wreck.

ThePredicate chapter 4 . 9/2/2013
D: CURSE YOU ICE MAGES!
burning book chapter 4 . 9/1/2013
oh shits!
Makokam chapter 3 . 7/3/2013
Sorry it took so long to get to this. Something happened to distract me the first time I tried to read this and then I just forgot about it until tonight.
I really liked meeting the "Iron Mare"...or was it Steel?
Either way, it made me wish I'd played Spirit Tracks. And Phantom Hourglass.
Spirit Tracks was the one where Zelda was a spirit that posessed a suit of armor or something wasn't it?

Either way, the expansion was very interesting. This entire chapter used to be just a flashback wasn't it?

I hope we get to see more of Zelda's past lives, the way we saw Link's. That was a very welcome addition to the story. I especially look forward to seeing how you represent the OoT Zelda, Tetra, and to a lesser degree Twilight Zelda.

WolfenAmphithere chapter 3 . 7/1/2013
I was worried you weren't going to conclude what happened to Link after the last chapter XD Good luck with the fic. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to co-write something D:
MajoraGodofChaos chapter 2 . 6/9/2013
Well, so far this is just as good, if not better, than the original. Looking forward to seeing what else you change!
ThePredicate chapter 2 . 5/25/2013
Ohsnap! This is a really cool idea, eager to see where you go with it :)
hawktakesflight chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
...my goodness. This is an epic, in that sense of the word -
The universe is immaculately drawn out, and possibilities are everywhere. The prose flows nicely, with that hint of a storytelling voice behind it. - it's beautiful, really it is.

hawk
Espeonage Espeon chapter 2 . 5/20/2013
Amazing story, truly. Unique premise, wonderful characters, marvelous allusions to previous games... Good work.

This is really good. I like how you made Link's horse named something other than Epona. It adds to the uniqueness.

I enjoy reading this. Keep writing!

Oh, and before I forget, may I have permission to use the idea of Chronolite?

Ciao, Espeonage Espeon.
Makokam chapter 2 . 5/18/2013
I liked everything in the bar. it was a real pick me up from "I know how this all goes", having read The Great Desert. The bit about the Cuccoos was fun too.
This actually needs all the expanded stuff...or maybe I've just read The Great Desert recently enough that I can't feel...ya know...nostalgic for it or something.
It is different though, and I like the differences. For the most part.
There was a jeep? Link has a jeep?
WHY?!
Omg why -cries- I mean, I love Jeeps, personally, but putting cars in this just kinda crushed my soul a little. I don't know why. It's just so weird to imagine Link driving around Hyrule in a car.
Aaand...uhm...I'm dead tired so that's all the review you get for this chapter. Sorry.

Update soon!

Jaden Lariya chapter 2 . 5/18/2013
I read this when it was still just the Great Desert, and I am so happy to see a revamped version. I've gone back and read it a few times, and I am loving seeing it in your more recent style. Your writing has improved since then! I love how much more detail is added to the world (not that it wasn't detailed before!). I look forward to reading the rest!
Makokam chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
So...should I /not/ read The Great Desert then?
Cause, I mean, if it's gonna be all...spoilerific...or will they be different enough that it won't matter?

Regardless...I'm not sure how much of what you referenced I was supposed to get though, assuming I'd played all the games(which I haven't) but it was interesting all the same.
I can certainly see your love of Trigun in this.
I also now get how you have sci-fi in this. Despite my having thought of an idea like this myself at one point. But not quite.

Makokam out.

Anyway, guess I'll just have to follow it.
LeilaEditer chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Well that was awesome. The originality was fantastic, as is your imagery. You can tell you've put a lot of thought into this story, and it really shows!
Gosh that was just awesome. Update soon please!

-Leila