Reviews for Bound
n4zhg chapter 19 . 7/4
First/Second floor. That depends on which version of the book you're reading. British go G-1-2-3 while the US goes 1-2-3-4.
projectjay chapter 1 . 6/2
Putting on fav
hunzbookwyrm chapter 27 . 5/14
Great story love the ending
the-power-of-love chapter 27 . 4/1
Cute
BillBrink chapter 7 . 2/14
When I read your summary I almost didn't read this story. I really didn't want to read another soul bond story. However you stated you had a twist, so I thought I'd give it a try for at least the first few chapters. I'm very glad I did. It's refreshing and I am enjoying this one better than any of the others. I like the fact that Dumbles and the Weasleys are not vilified. Thanks for a pleasant few hours.
raven spotter chapter 27 . 12/13/2015
Good story thanks for writing it
LCB chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
Good start
Guest chapter 11 . 11/18/2015
Amelia wonders how their relationship will be, and then, first thing, she kisses him?

I really would like to know whether Sirius didn't consider the will important enough to bring it to the ministry in time, or whether Dumbledore blocked the will at the ministry.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/18/2015
I really liked it that the Dursleys had to pay. All too often it is the other way around, or even Harry giving them money when he is an adult.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/18/2015
Your description of the will doesn't make sense, or the only explanation is not really flattering.
There are three copies of the will.
The one in the Potter vault is obviously useless, unless the Goblins were supposed to retrieve it immediately after the Potters' death.
A copy in Sirius' vault might be useful if Sirius is alive (and free). But it was a time of war, and Sirius pretended to be the secret keeper, so he was even more at risk, so they should not rely on him to execute the will.
The third copy was to be taken to the ministry. The will was made on the 28th, so either Sirius didn't consider taking the will to the ministry important enough to have it done by the 31th, or the will was not executed due to interference, most likely from Dumbledore, as this will interfered with his plans.

It is interesting that Albus "second chance" Dumbledore admits to sending Sirius to Azkaban without a trial. Not the Azkaban part, as with Sirius free he can't send Harry to the Dursleys. I believe that is also the only reasonable conclusion of the facts in canon. No, the interesting part is that he admits it.

The anti pureblood clause doesn't make sense. Anti pureblood bigotry is also bigotry.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/18/2015
I don't know how you want to describe Dumbledore, but my best guess would be that he is senile. Of course, another explanation would be that he was born stupid.

If even he thinks that he doesn't have enough time with all his positions, then it is probably true. He certainly does a bad job as a headmaster. Quirrell/Voldemort is a teacher for a year in the school and he doesn't notice? Using a school with the stone as bait? A basilisk unnoticed? Unqualified teachers (at least Potions, History, Defense, Divination, Muggle Studies).

Then he had a plan to let Harry suffer for the "Greater Good". This obviously means that the suffering was an intentional part of the plan and rationalized with the "Greater Good", not that he discovered it later and regretted it. This great plan is not explained here (I would really like to see this plan described). The only reason I can think of is that he wants Harry to have no self worth and no reason to live so that he would walk to his death. As the prophecy says that Harry is the (only?) one to defeat Voldemort, after Harry's death there is nobody to defeat Voldemort. Is Dumbledore a secret supporter of Voldemort?

Dumbledore then thinks that Harry may need a little training to defeat Voldemort. Well, a little moment of insight, better late than never.

Then he thinks about the summer vacation. "That ruled the Dursleys out. That only left the Grangers." Again some insight, but just a few minutes later "It would be best if they could spend at least some of it with the Dursleys..." "I still believe he would benefit the protection..." and even better "As they're emancipated now, I'm not even sure that the blood wards are of use anymore."
So he wants to force Harry to go to the Dursleys again after he discovered that it was a bad idea, and even if he isn't sure that the reason to go there is valid?

Why should McGonagall inform the Grangers? I'm sure they would prefer to hear it from their daughter.

Then they admit the soul bond will be common knowledge in a matter of days. It's not only a rare event, it involves Harry Potter, it will probably be the front page of the prophet. So why try to hide it? Or at least ask those involved whether to try.
Guest chapter 2 . 11/18/2015
So he doesn't just have scars on his back, but also Pomfrey knows this, knows that they are from his uncle and healing them will make his uncle worse, and still he has to go back to the Dursleys?
Doesn't she report to Dumbledore? Or does Dumbledore know and is still described as caring?
Guest chapter 1 . 11/18/2015
I curious how a good and caring Dumbledore will be. Even if we ignore everything that is revealed later about things that are already in the past at this time in the story, there is always the fact that he placed Harry at the Dursleys for ten years AND forced him to return there for the summer between first and second year.
So even if we assume good intentions on Dumbledore's part, he certainly didn't care for Harry.

And then Hermione knows that he is Lord Potter, which implies that it is common or at least public knowledge. Why didn't Dumbledore tell him, as he is supposed to be Harry's guardian?
Unknown chapter 27 . 11/10/2015
i really liked this stroy good job writing it keep it up i would love to read some of your original stories (if you have any)
David M. Potter chapter 27 . 10/15/2015
Bravo! I can't wait to read more stories written by you. Thank you for sharing this with us.