Reviews for let me show you what this life is for
2sidedstoryteller29995 chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
:0 Fab.
broken-reverie chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
You write beautifully. Thank you, thank you, thank you
teddylupin-snape chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Nayla. Why. WHY. wHYYYYY would you do this? My heart is literally ripped in half right now and I think I lost part of it with this fic and you had me on the edge of my seat and I was reading this earlier and had to leave and now I'm re-reading/finishing and I almost cried in front of two asian guys earlier when reading cause Rem the first time and you killed me off and then Sirius saved him and I was thinking that maybe there'd be some hope left in this fic for a happy ending and then there's a dance and I was thinking maybe they'd dance and it'd be sweet and Sirius would talk to him and sweet happy fluff but nooooo you couldn't do that to me, you had to lead him up a damned cliff and then Sirius comes to the rescue and reaches him in time and the little people in my heart cheered so loudly. And they kissed and fluff finally came for a bit then you fucking made him jump. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME. I need to sleep now and I'm just going to have nightmares about this and it's all your fault but I swear this fic is the most amazing thing I've read in forever. Like I honestly can't even breathe right now. I literally think you've killed some part of me and I'll never be the same again and I just.. Nay, sweetie. If anything, I was expecting something smutty or something to come up at the end, some sort of climax. But no, we couldn't make it fluff, cause what's the fun in that. (btw I wholeheartedly agree, angst trumps fluff always) But not this angsty. Like I'm 10000000% in love with this and I think it's the single most wonderful thing I've ever read ever. But you murdered me so badly. And idk how to review coherently anymore cause I'm dead. So I guess I've got a new favourite fic. And yeah. So death for Rem :'( Still sobbing internally, btw. And death for me cause of your amazing writing and beauty and perfection. ILY Nay. Mkay. Love.
Empress Empoleon chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
OH MY GOSH I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT ENDING. I CAN'T BREATHE RIGHT NOW, THAT WAS SUCH A PLOT TWIST - I THOUGH IT WAS GOING TO BE A HAPPY ENDING! WHY, NAYLA, WHY? *wolfstar heart shatters*

In all seriousness, this was an /amazing/ piece. This is probably my favorite thing of yours I've read yet. The second person flowed so smoothly, and your descriptions of Sirius's fears and Remus's demons is just perfect. This is WolfStar at it's best!

I would totally just copy-paste the whole story as favorite parts, but this was probably the one that suck out at me the most:

[He cries at night when he thinks that nobody can hear him, but you can and your heart breaks into thousands of tiny pieces as you hear the sobs that rack his body being stifled in his pillow and you wish that the pillow was your shoulder so that you could rub his back and run your fingers through his hair and whisper to him that it will be okay in the end. ]

This is just an awesome comparison between the pillow and Sirius's shoulder. I really love it, and it just had some kind of affect on me when i read it. I stopped and re-read it a few times...that sentence just came off as really powerful to me.

Okay, sorry for the long review, you probably have better things to do than read my nonsensical review. :P But, this was beautiful!
love from elysium chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
okay, even a canon junkie like myself can appreciate a nice bit of wolfstar! yay! But wholly depressing at the end there! Are you trying to kill me? D: The second person was an interesting touch, too. It's not used as often as I would like in fics. One nit picky question: why would Remus use muggle methods to try and kill himself instead of using his wand? Just a small detail. Awesome job! Sirius will always be my baby.

Elysium
colorful swirls chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
I don't even know what to say.

THAT ENDING ASDFHJGLK

The second person is amazing and how Remus wants to kill himself and everything is just so raw. Sirius is Sirius and the bit with Remus trying to hang himself omfg that was heartbreaking. And suicide - fisncikdksl suicide. It's so sad and this really brought the issue up to the surface, but with characters!

And talk about twist endings - when they kissed (fav part, btw) I thought they would go on to have a happy ending, but no. He jumped. AND OMFG YOU KILLED ME.

So, this was like asfghjkl AMAZING and I'm sorry about how this review makes no sense, because THE FEELS.

/holy cow this was wonderful.

[You launch yourself at the empty space where he stood on instinct but all this does is bring you closer to the edge, where you see Remus' body fall almost as if in slow motion and you let out a scream of anguish as you hear his body shatter on the rocks below.]

omfgomfgomfg I'm already dead, but that killed me, again.

ahhh Sirius!

I love this. And I'm sorry because this - this cannot be put into words that make sense.

colorful swirls
AnnaRavenheart chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Oh Gosh, it was so heart-breaking and so twisted and so beautiful at the same time. I became a fan of the second person's POV not a long time ago and I have always been a fan of Wolfstar and angst. I adored the way you described everything from the very beginning. Sirius' feeling towards Remus and his hesitation to say anything is so realistically written, so nicely described, that it actually really made me feel something, unlike most of the fics I read.
The way Remus attempted suicide and Sirius ran after him was so poignant, it really described the love Sirius felt towards him and Remus' desperation. The fact Remus refused to speak after that described his desperation more than anything else.
I thought that Remus is going to actually notice the love Sirius feels, but I was wrong. The last part of the story was so haunting, so sad, it made me shiver with emotions. Sirius' confession, the kiss and Remus decisiveness to end his life were just beautifully written beyond description.
The ending sentence seemed like an excerpt from the horror book and it was something I adored. This was wonderful, without mistakes, I never read a better Wolfstar tragedy, and this story, along with you is going to my favorites list!
maggalina chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Ouch. Like I don't ship this and my feels are still torn to pieces. You even gave the warning and I managed to delude myself that it was only going to be attempted. The emotions in this piece were so real. You really draw the reader into the story and make them feel Sirius and Remus' pain. The diction used just perfects this piece. Also I have never read anything like it. Amazing piece.
APhoenixRising chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
NAYLA! How could you do this to me! So many feels...

This is angst perfection! I only like Sirius/Remus if it's written well and this is beyond well. It's brilliant! There's so much I love about this... the first time he stopped him, then the letting go, then it all coming back and...

THE END! WHY?! They're meant to live happily ever after!

I noticed a few mistakes again throughout this one (misses spaces and random speech marks) but to be perfectly honest I really couldn't care less!

GORGEOUS!
articcat621 chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
WAHHHH. OH MY GOSH. MY FEELS ARE NOW ALL OVER THE PLACE.

*sniff sniff* need a moment to collect myself! ...

Well, it was so beautiful. So incredibly sad, but beautiful.

I also love how it was done in second person. You're really talented to be able to pull off a fic that way!

But Sirius repeating that he cared, and Remus just so set on ending it... tore me to pieces. Well done!
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
NAYLA.
NAYLA.
OMG WHY WOULD YOU EVEN DO THIS?
YOU KILLED REMUS NAYLA. REMUS!
AND YOU MADE SIRIUS WITNESS IT.
HERE YOU GO NAY, HAVE ALL MY FEELS.
BECAUSE THIS SO MUCH ANGSTY PERFECTION.
THE MENTIONS OF REMUS' HOME LIFE AND WHY WOULD YOU EVEN DO THIS TO ME?

YOU WILL GET NO COHERENT REVIEW ON THIS NAYLA, BECAUSE YOU HAVE KILLED ALL MY FEELS AND I'M GOING TO GO CURL INTO A BALL AND CRY NOW.
dimitrisgirl18 chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
NAYLA. NAY. LA.

NO. YOU ARE /NOT/ ALLOWED TO DO THIS. YOU'RE NOT EVEN. JUST. NO. GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK.

So, I think we'll start with why the fudge would you even do this to me, and then we'll move on to how heartbreaking did you need to make this, and then we'll finish with what the heck were you doing when you ended it that you felt the need to make him jump?

Yeah, that about sums it up. I love Sirius's reluctant-ness, and then how he realizes he needs to just say that he LOVES HIM GOSH DARN IT at the end and then REMUS LOVES HIM TOO BUT HE FRICKIN JUMPS ANYWAY. I just...I don't understand why you did this. I seriously thought Remus was just cutting but then the ROPE?

Urgh. Nay. I love you.

Allie
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
THAT'S IT. I AM GIVING YOU A PERSONAL CHALLENGE, NAYLA: I, ASHLEIGH, CHALLENGE YOU TO WRITE A FIC THAT IS 100% FLUFF. THERE WILL BE NO DEATH, NO SUICIDE, JUST HAPPINESS AND JOY AND FEELS. YEP. I CHALLENGE YOU.

Okay, I liked the way you wrote this, I really did, but it's just too goddam depressing for me. I do also like that you were inspired by a real life story. Real life stories are the best to base fics off.

The ending was so sad. *sniff* He couldn't even be saved. *sniff*

Write fluff.

But, I do like Wolfstar :) Well done.
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
Firstly, OH WOW WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT IN YOUR A/N, YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO BE SO KIND, AWH SHUCKS. /blushes ;)

You know how I feel about this (because running commentary in my beta-version) but let me just list the things that are very NOT OKAY:

1. Suicidal!Remus just NO
2. [your heart jumps into your throat as you see your best friend, your love, stepping off a chair with a strong rope around his neck] this is an image i never ever want in my head because it make me unable to can
3. [you can't stop thinking about what would've happened if you had been sleeping, you can't stop visualising his broken body lying in a morgue, ready to be buried and cried over by people who pretended that they cared about him] this should be illegal. because that WOULD happen, all the "wannabe" friends coming out to say how tragic it all is, and then Sirius would be all D; and i am reverting to semi-humour instead of real words so this fic doesn't kill me
4. ["There are days, Sirius, when I can't breathe, when I sit there thinking about what might've happened if Greyback didn't choose me. I would still have a family, my aunt wouldn't have disowned me, I may have even had brothers or sisters. And then I realise that nothing, nothing that I wish for, or hope for, or think about, can bring them back and I can't fucking breathe, Sirius! It's like the air is being slowly forced out of my lungs and I have to fight so damn hard to get it back in, and the worst part is, nobody cares enough to try to help."] do i even need a reason YOU ARE EVIL /hugs remus
5. [
"Will you please come back inside now?" you ask, slightly breathless from both the kiss and the fact that Remus had been so close to him.

Remus looks at you with a sad look in his eye as he shakes his head slowly, "I'm sorry, Sirius," he says] buT THAT'S NOT HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO GO, NAY
6. the last part that i'm not even going to quote because it is not acceptable, in fact, it is obscene and i hate you
7. potatoes for breakfast (jk)(but seriously though is that a thing)

look, a semi coherent review, TAKE IT ILY BYE X
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Oh, wow. Nay. Wow.

This... The beginning with the suicide attempt was a perfect start, because it set the sort of hopeless tone for the story, and Sirius's thoughts on if he had been just a few minutes later... asldjfkldsafj

And then Remus wouldn't talk about it. *shatters heart* Because he was too sad and he didn't want the help and that was PERF.

The end. You're amazing. Because it's NOT happily ever after, however close it was, and how we thought it would be. Wonderful job on a haunting story.