Reviews for Reflection
Guest chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
This was a good fic
Lord Kelvin chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
For a newcomer, by a newcomer.

Fans that have already poked around the archive would skip the text like crazy in search of stuff happening. Very little happens here, and there's no continuation pending. A foregone conclusion preceded by words describing the obvious.

Sonic meets Tails. Running ensues. The end.

But it's not often that I find a fic spend a whole paragraph to talk about a handshake. Kudos for that. The story deserves thanks for a lot of things, including its approachability to fans both young and new to the series. An easy readable intro.

Though, I can't help questioning Sonic's personality being shaped by his friends. Sonic was Sonic before Tails or Knuckles arrived. The sighing recollections are cute to read about, just not entirely true to Mr Blue over there.

Which leads me to the number one fan question: who is your target reader? I can imagine this would be the kind of story parents would force a kid to read instead of playing a Sonic game. A dedicated, if slim audience. Next time you decide to write something for the section, think about the audience. It's awesome to write something you know will be read and appreciated. Motivation to write more!

Have a nice, abuse-free day.