Reviews for Playing with Fire
un 2/20
Camille785 chapter 10 . 10/14/2017
Please update soon!
Bailey L chapter 10 . 10/1/2016
I know this story was from a long time ago, but I loved it! Very well written and the plot was developing well! Glad to have found it, thank you!
darkmoonlady chapter 10 . 9/26/2013
nice fic i love it
friendly darkmoonlady
1776IsMyLife chapter 10 . 8/15/2013
NIIIICE
EVERYONE'S HERO XD chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
I really like this so far
Arithmancy Master chapter 9 . 4/20/2013
Ron and Hermione picked a weird time to apologise, while Harry was talking to Malfoy. First it was rude of them to interrupt and second it was odd that they charged on with what they had already planned to say and did not first make a reference to the fact that he was with Malfoy.

Good that Harry is starting to think for himself about Dumbledore's role in his upbringing and considering going to Gringotts.

He must have pinched an awful lot of money from Petunia to have bought a selection of what Dean considered expensive muggle clothes.

The status of Harry's relationship with Malfoy is rather unclear. Seems that Harry again refused Draco's hand but that Draco is persisting in talking to Harry and trying to get his help. I'm wondering who it is that Draco is trying to get help for.
Arithmancy Master chapter 5 . 4/20/2013
I don't normally read sorting hat songs, particularly if it is first year and they seem likely to be copied directly from the book (in which case I might well abandon the story too) but I did notice here that Rvenclaw came first and had four lines devoted to it whereas other houses had only three. Is this an indication that you are, possiby even unwittingly, favouring this house?

Good that you kept us in suspense about whether Harry accepted Malfoy's hand. I liked the teaser in the middle, showing that you had not forgotten that we hadn't yet been given the answer. I did feel tempted to rush down to the bottom to find out, but managed to resist. Good thing I did, as the answer wasn't even there!

Wonder if Myrtle will find someone or if Draco will, by coincidence, just come in. I know he used this room later in year 6.
Arithmancy Master chapter 4 . 4/20/2013
OK, I'll talk about Latin.

I wonder if the opening quote in chapter 1 (which I enjoyed reading) might put some people off the story due to its length and what could be seen by some as a know it all attitiude (though I could see it as enthusiasm. My family get rather tired of me responding, when asked for a meaning of a word, that it comes from the Latin and proceeding to tell them the root. And sometimes for Greek roots too.)

For the Latin in this chapter, I agree that it should be oppugnate, because it is the imperative plural. An alternative would be impetum facite which, although it takes longer to say, could be said with more venom, as would be warranted by Hermione's command. Not so useful in a duel though.

Seemed quite a rapid move from trying to get blackmail material to deciding whether to be friends, but seems reasonable that Draco would take the opportunity when it was presented. I can imagine how awful it must be for him to face a possible second rejection of his proffered hand. Since Harry will clearly not want his friends to know what happened to him over the summer, it might make sense for him to discuss things with Draco, who might have more knowledge, whether first or second hand, of abuse taking place in his own home.