Reviews for Highway of Diamonds
ladygris chapter 6 . 7/10/2013
A fabulous final chapter. I laughed when you referred to Fury as an impending "thermonuclear explosion." Such an accurate description.

But my favorite bit had to be with Clint and Nat up in Maine. Leveling out, as she termed it. Sometimes, it's not the medical or psychological help. It's a time of quiet, whether we leave home for a bit or find a quiet corner, that does us the most good.
Qweb chapter 6 . 7/10/2013
Excellent story. More real than the usual superhero story. Well done.
TheNaggingCube chapter 6 . 7/10/2013
I really enjoyed this fic. The sad and disturbing cult you used ... frustratingly real as you know.

The ending... Maine... lovely.
sv4me chapter 6 . 7/10/2013
I wish I could think up an appropriate description of how I feel about this chapter, & this fic. Very well written, real, human, a great read, & I enjoyed it. The words that first came to mind were haunting, and beautiful.
Excellent job.
Kylen chapter 6 . 7/10/2013
Thanks for the note, Alpha, but this one has been all yours and terrific. All I've done is reassure you when you've had a few doubts.

This piece sings the characters of Hawkeye and Black Widow for me, and it puts them in reality and every day life in a way that I can picture what I read. You've done a tremendous job of not only voicing the characters, but letting me inside their heads so I can SEE what they are doing when I need to.

Great job!
tayababy chapter 6 . 7/10/2013
Great work, as usual. I enjoyed their way of leveling out, and how Clint allowed Tash to help him. The little cottage in Maine sounds perfect, though. And the Spider Plant... well, I'm sure it and its 'babies' will be reappearing again :)\

Thanks for another great journey, looking forward to the next one :)
shanynde chapter 5 . 7/1/2013
YES! Love it.
TheNaggingCube chapter 5 . 7/3/2013
Eight.

OOHHHHHHHHHHHH! COOL! OH WOW! So glad to see this back and what a chapter! OMG!

AWESOME! Please please please come back with another very soon. So good.
ladygris chapter 5 . 7/2/2013
Wow! Clint wasn't pulling any punches this time around, was he?

Great chapter! I loved the comment about the desk being "Coulson-tidy." It built an idea of how Coulson is at SHIELD with so few words. And. . ."Images flash through his mind, tinged in red. Trust and love, sold to the highest bidder. Promises turned to chains." Such a vivid description, so accurate in what has been happening in the story.

The numbers! The way you had Clint counting was so very effective. No description needed on what he did. Just that he did.

Wonderful work! Now, looking forward to the fall-out.
Red-Handed-Bandit chapter 5 . 7/2/2013
An epically written chapter. Hawkeye got into the zone! Crazy amazing, update as soon as possible. The best written and thought out Hawkeye/Blackwidow ff I have read. Keep going! Can't wait to read what is next.
CrlkSeasons chapter 5 . 7/2/2013
"Don't blame yourself ... Don't ever blame yourself when someone lies to you, or breaks your trust like that. That's not on you, or on the ones who still believe. It's on him ..."

There was so much in your chapter that I was going to comment on. Then I came to this paragraph. For many reasons, I believe that this passage holds an importance beyond words on a page and tells a truth that needs to be told.
Delwin chapter 5 . 7/2/2013
Intense and riveting. And it has left me with more than a little to think about. I believe I took a sharp breath at the title for that last section, and I'm not sure I let it out before the end. I need to go back and read through from the beginning to put into perspective all of the facets that your rich writing gives to these two complicated characters. Just very nicely done - as always.
Photogirl1890 chapter 5 . 7/2/2013
Really well-written as with the previous chapters. Section 11 in particular deals with disturbing themes, of course, and whilst the content is not enjoyable to read about, it was powerful writing, particularly:
"It is absolutely clear to Clint who and what these two are: They are the girl he saw earlier that day, if and when she ever decides to voice the word that he thought he could see in her eyes: No. "

So many good lines, such as:
"Triage is not just for healers."
"A real leader, someone to whom to take visiting aliens for sure."
So much good dialogue I can't single any out.
Perfect ending to the chapter with that last line. This kind of thing is easier to read about when the bad guys get what's coming to them.
renners chapter 5 . 7/2/2013
loved it! update soon!
Kylen chapter 5 . 7/1/2013
You know, I love this chapter. I love how it gives me such mixed emotions. On one hand, yeah, CLint should be following orders. On the other hand, look what these bastards did. F*** 'em. Good Christian meets practicality on my end.

Great job. Can't wait to see the wrapup!
87 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »