Reviews for Highway of Diamonds
sv4me chapter 5 . 7/1/2013
What we all wish happened to these kind of people in real life.
Qweb chapter 5 . 7/1/2013
Wow! Awesome Clint action and Nat's pretty good, too.
tayababy chapter 5 . 7/1/2013
Wow. Intense in all the right ways. I'm excited for their escape and subsequent debrief :) and I can't help but think that Nat and Clint will play some practical joke on someone, preferably Hill. They need some hilarity...
BettyBackInTheDay chapter 5 . 7/1/2013
Great action chapter. Very well written. I like what you've done with this story. Nice job.
Photogirl1890 chapter 4 . 6/13/2013
Natasha cataloguing the ways the hose could be used as a weapon is great, as is her observation on "refracted light". I'm not an authority on the characters. I only know what I've watched in the Avengers film and when they turned up in Iron Man 2/Thor but everything seems very in character for them.

"Clint likes high places, and falling always tastes like failure" - like it

I like how the events have turned them back to "Hawkeye" and "The Black Widow" (not that they ever weren't, but hopefully you know what I mean) and I can't wait to find out whether he's going to escape on his own or she'll have to rescue him.
Photogirl1890 chapter 3 . 6/13/2013
Clint's reaction to what was going on in the building was very well written. As for describing what was going on, I think you wrote enough detail so the reader is in no doubt as to what is happening. I personally wouldn't have wanted to read about it in any more detail. I think you got the balance right.
Photogirl1890 chapter 2 . 6/13/2013
The Enya reference had me laughing! and the Stravinsky ref. was evocative. I really liked Natasha's three conclusions at the end of section 3.
Amongst my favourite lines in this chapter:
- ""Emm … Moonlit?" The name comes from her lips with more difficulty than calling an Armenian mobster 'darling.'"
- "Friendship creates two targets for the price of one."

Clever shift in mood as it gets slightly ominous in section 4 with the guys staying for a couple of hours then leaving. It's subtle but clear.
Photogirl1890 chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
This first chapter has me hooked already. I really liked how you made a guy on a chair so interesting with the observations of Clint's body language at the beginning! I love the Star Trek reference. There's great, subtle humour throughout and it flows really well.
Amongst my favourite lines:
- "self-propelled piece of furniture"
- "the absence of expression on her face is not a blank slate, but a full one – like when you combine all the colours of a prism, you get white"
- "Clint has the distinct impression that both of them would consider a trip to outer space in the arms of the Prophet as a vast improvement over a life of silent screams and disappointments."
Blitz182 chapter 4 . 6/5/2013
This is ... disturbing, but very good. I really think you do a good job portraying both agents' strengths very well. The concept is very different than most others on this site, and it is well written. I can't wait to read more!
theicemenace chapter 4 . 6/4/2013
Wow! Sounds like its all coming to a head soon.

I must say that I had my suspicions about Nat. I thought she might fall under the leader's-or rather his messenger's spell. Glad to see she didn't.

More soon, please.
ladygris chapter 4 . 6/3/2013
Really enjoyed the change in Natasha in this chapter. You got to see the child-like awe in little things-like a waterhose rainbow-that she would naturally have after a life in the Red Room. But, in the end, the Black Widow is firmly in control.

You confirmed what I suspected was going on here, and my heart goes out to those characters who truly believe what Malone's offering. It's something we see in our world today: people so desperate to believe *something* that they'll believe *anything.* I am curious as to how Malone is convincing these women that they're doing the right thing in all of this. Moonlit seemed accepting that she was, even if she was a touch upset by what had happened. So, makes me wonder if some sort of drug or subliminal programming was used.

And Clint. . .so glad to see Hawkeye coming back. But what's this about him not being alone? Makes me wonder just who's been imprisoned with him.

Had a whole heap of stories to catch up on after surgery, and I saved the best for last. This one. :) Really looking forward to the next chapter!
Hawaiichick chapter 4 . 6/3/2013
Natasha to the rescue. Unless bad ass Hawkeye escapes first. Which I think he will. :)
sv4me chapter 4 . 6/3/2013
Its encouraging to think someone could go through such atrocities and come out as strong as Natasha (even if she's a fictional character) but I hope she realizes she also needs to learn to be vulnerable to find peace (as in, open herself up emotionally and find love. With Clint, naturally).
Excellent chapter, thanks for writing!
BettyBackInTheDay chapter 4 . 6/3/2013
Loved this chapter. You've created a truly creepy cult. And you've done a great job with the undercover characters, but nothing beats the attitude and swagger of Hawkeye and the Black Widow. Looking forward to the next chapter.
AlienTourist chapter 4 . 6/3/2013
It's getting exciting...thank you so much for updating :) I liked this chapter, it was very eventful. I can't wait to see what happens next!
87 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »