Reviews for Highway of Diamonds
hawkeyeforever chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
Wow, this is amazing so far! I can't wait to read more. As always, your characterization of everyone is perfect. Happy Writing:)
paintallthestuff chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
I have seriously fallen in love with your writing style. This chapter just reaffirms that. The detail in this thing is incredible, with just enough of the witty, dry, sarcastic humor that defines these two without being overwhelming. This story literally came at the perfect time- I just can't seem to find really good new stories these days, and the ones I used to be obsessed with are either not being updated or are just getting repetitive. Update soon!
kyri0sity chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
What an interesting beginning. The attention to detail & character interactions really pays off; feels like I'm right there in the story. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Hawaiichick chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Interesting plot. Very unique. Love Clint's snarky comments. :)
tayababy chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Wow. Just... Wow. The things that come from people.

I love Clint/Natasha's relationship, and his ever-lasting sarcasm. The Bribes-Are-Us thing was priceless.

Looking forward to more!
BettyBackInTheDay chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Fabulous writing! I wasn't sure I would read the story, but you hooked me with the first paragraph. Looking forward to the journey.
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
well crap kill him and make it look like an accident.
well after proving that what hes doing is illegal.
seriously I thought from what I got earlier that we have oh shit there ARE actuall aliens shit witch would have been funny but still anyway I have to say that you wrote this well and I love how SHIELD conviently forgot to mention he pimp yourself out part, but then that's why they sent them there to figure that stuff out. its a bit upfront for a cult though, usually they make it all nice and awesome with smiles and stuff and the darker aspects show up after your already hooked and don't care anymore, or at least Id figure for stuff like this. well it be fun to see how this goes.
CrlkSeasons chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
"Can't get charitable status if you don't advertise" "Well, this guy doesn't have a secret police, so he probably needs bigger words to hang on to his flock" - a succinct indictment of parasitic organizations. The secret police, in some form or other, seem to show up eventually.
"Barton does not take kindly to people who claim an authority he doesn't think they're entitled to". "He'd be lying if he claimed that he hadn't been alarmed by the way she had instinctively recoiled, at the mention of possible brainwashing techniques ..."
The characters that you write are undoubtedly strong. But you also allow us to see the vulnerabilities that draw us further in.
ladygris chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
First of all, love your "cover" for this story!

Secondly, getting this notice in my email made my day. It's been a crazy couple of weeks, and I'm running on fumes inspirationally. So getting something good to read was a treat.

Now, for the review. :) I like your premise. You've set the characters up to really examine themselves and what they truly believe. I'm not just talking religiously, though that is an aspect of it. We all have beliefs about our world and ourselves that should be challenged every now and then just so we'll examine our lives and make any changes necessary. (Unfortunately, my belief that I'm a size 4 just doesn't line up with the reality check the mirror gives me. :P)

You did a fabulous job developing the mission. I can tell there's a lot of research and thought going into Malone as well as his organization. This is a tricky topic to cover sympathetically. Not that wackos like Malone need to be sympathized with. What I meant was for the followers, those who fall (through ignorance or a sincere desire to believe in *something*) into cults like this. I really liked the humor you used to offset the very real darkness behind what Malone's doing. Clint's take on it was, in my opinion, in character and very true to form for his profession. (And I ROFL'd at the thought of him on the exfil chopper, shooting at posters from Ashgabat!)

I did kinda feel like the bad guy taking an interest in Natasha was a bit cliche, but it's cliche because it happens so often. And that *is* what Natasha's there for. Still, I worry for her. Something about this mission triggered memories, and that could be a problem in keeping their cover-though Barton's smart mouth could compromise them. I have no doubt our favorite assassins will be able to pull it off though. It just might get a little rough for them.

Really looking forward to where you take this and what happens next!
Kylen chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
More! I want more! I want to read MORE! I love it!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Really like this story. I hope you continue it.
StarliteOracle chapter 1 . 4/13/2013