Reviews for Helpless in a World That's Gone Insane
el spirito chapter 6 . 2/17/2014
Interesting AU... also, I caught the Southland reference in chapter 5, but what were the others? :)
Also. Any plans for more stories in this universe?
droiddeanallicas chapter 6 . 7/21/2013
Loved this story! Thank you!
jokergirl94 chapter 5 . 6/30/2013
Great chapter and I hope to see another update again really soon!
jokergirl94 chapter 4 . 6/24/2013
Great chapter and I would love to see what happens next. So please update soon!
madinalakesavedmylife chapter 3 . 5/28/2013
Oh my goodness - please, PLEASE update soon! :-o This was I think the best chapter yet, your descriptions and dialogue are just so fantastic - your work is an absolute joy to read I swear. Loved the cult's motivation - to raise the devil - Sam's momentary flashback to what happened to his fiancée, and Dean's needing to talk...oh my goodness, I need the find out what happens next! Really sorry for the short review, and for not reviewing earlier, but like you school has been getting in the way of my internet time recently. Keep up the awesomesauce work and DFTBA! XD
madinalakesavedmylife chapter 2 . 5/6/2013
Aagh, sorry my own life is so crazy right now I can't leave a proper review, but suffice to say that this was fifty flavours of awesomesauce and you are an absolute genius. I've hardly the time to get on here between exams and whatnot right now, but am eagerly awaiting the next update nevertheless! It's said we make, steal, beg, or borrow the time to do the things we love, so with any luck I should be able to get back on here in time to read the next instalment. Really, really fantastic, not a word out of place and really compelling! Keep up the awesomesauce work and DFTBA! XD
madinalakesavedmylife chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
WOW. This. This. Is just. The greatest thing EVER - please, PLEASE update just as soon as you can! XD

This is seriously so amazing, they should make a separate TV series based on this. I loved the dialogue and banter between them, it was so natural and flowing, with brilliant, subtle little nods to the Supernatural itself. An absolute joy to read, I swear, and the humour was brilliant! XD You've reminded me what I loved about the X-Files, only this is way better than the X-Files.

Honestly, if I didn't now better I would say this was a fanfiction for a separate crime drama series, everything's just so well-described and realised. Amazing, just amazing. I loved how you started out with a dream sequence as well, really original and gripping. Sam's quoting of Die Hard made my week, right there. Just the fact that he would quote it, and the bad guy's reaction...Pure genius. XD

It was brilliant what you did with Jess and John too, cleverly slotting them into your plot in such a way that it honestly does feel like you've written up half a pilot episode for the next great American crime drama to hit our screens (Apologies if that makes absolutely no sense, but rest assured it is intended to be a huge compliment). Just...just...Aaaaaagh you're an amazing writer! XD XD XD Best lines:

- The metal door, the dark stains on the dirt ground, the holes in the wall that looked like they'd been put there by bullets. He knew this place well, if he could just remember…
It hit him like a freight train.
"No."

- "You're not still mad about that girl are you?" the man asked. "You know, grudges are bad for your health."
"I'm gonna be bad for your health," Sam spat.
The man laughed. "Where did you hear that? Die Hard? Come on, I always thought of you as more original than that."
"Sorry to disappoint."

- Sam sat up in bed, heart racing, his hair stuck to his forehead with sweat. He breathed deeply, trying to get himself under control, and looked at the clock.
3:30.
That was an hour more sleep than he usually got.
Sighing, he pushed away the covers and swung his long legs over the side of his bed, putting his head in his hands. After a few minutes, he forced himself to get up and get going. He had work to do.

- "Fuller!"
Sam looked up from his coffee to see the Chief of Police striding toward him.
"Yes, sir?"
"You seen Hanson yet?"
Sam rolled his eyes. "You mean Dean's not here yet?"
"I wouldn't be asking you if he was."
Just then, the door burst open and Dean Hanson strolled in, a smirk on his face, his green eyes bright.
"Speak of the devil! Hanson, hurry your ass up and get over here. I've got a case for you," Chief Hardy barked.
"Sorry I'm late, sir. Got held up in traffic.
Sam rolled his eyes as Dean used the same lame excuse he always did.

- Sam sat in the passenger seat like usual, Dean getting in after him.

"Hey."
Sam looked up. "Yeah?"
"What's the problem?" Dean asked.
Sam shrugged. "No problem."
"There's a problem."
Sam was flabbergasted at how inept his partner could be with some things, and yet so in-tune with others. Like when Sam was bothered, for instance.
"Was it the dream again?" Dean asked quietly.
Sam nodded.
"You wanna talk about it?"
"What is there to talk about? It won't make a difference. I thought it would get better once I caught the guy that killed Jess, but it didn't. It just makes it worse, knowing that he's sitting there in a jail cell, living and breathing while my fiancé is underground. Not a day goes by I don't think about marching in there and killing him myself."
Dean nodded his sympathy. "Yeah. I know how you feel. But trust me when I say vengeance is not the answer. My dad thought it was, and look where he is now. Locked up in a cell somewhere instead of the man that killed his wife. He called me once. Just once, to tell me he'd finally found the man that did it and that he'd gotten his revenge. We haven't talked since. I don't want that to be you."
Sam looked down. He knew Dean was right. "Did it make him feel better?" he asked.
Dean started the car. "He didn't say," he said, a trace of sadness in his face.
Sam put a hand on his shoulder and opened his mouth to say something, but Dean pushed him away and held up his hands.
"No chick flick moments, Sammy."
Sam punched his shoulder. "How many times do I have to tell you not to call me Sammy?"
Dean laughed. "Dude, you've been telling me that since we were in the Academy together. Now, what was that address again?"

- "We need to find out what the hell that symbol is," Dean said as they walked back to the car.
"I'm on it," Sam answered.
"Yeah, you were always the nerd, weren't you?"
Sam rolled his eyes. "Jerk."
"Bitch," Dean retorted.

- A muffled and very miffed voice answered the phone. "What the hell, Sam? It's four in the morning! Someone better be dying."
"I found the symbol, Dean!"
There was a pause. Then, "And this couldn't wait until morning why exactly?"
"Well, I guess it could wait, but I found it and I just thought you'd want to know what it is because-"
"Sam!" Dean interrupted. "Slow down! How much coffee have you had?"
"Eight cups. Anyway, get this: the exact same symbol turned up at several crime scenes in the fifties. It's the symbol for this cult that did ritualistic killings until it got shut down and all of its members got thrown in prison. Looks like someone is starting it up again. Dean, we've got to find that girl."
"Alright, just give me a few hours to become a functional person, and I'll be there," Dean answered blearily.

And basically everything else - I would quote more, but then this review would be *way* too long! At any rate - This. Was. Incredible, this is officially my new favourite Supernatural fic. :) No pressure or anything, but this was seriously brilliant.

Keep up the awesomesauce work and DFTBA! XD