Reviews for Birdsong
LSOP0591 chapter 1 . 8/10
Oh my god, this was beautiful. Just, oh so many feelings. I really feel sorry for Madara and felt his hurt and pain, I just wanted to hug him. I must give you kudos for the way everything was crafted. So so good~
shadowphantomness chapter 1 . 10/6/2016
I really like this story but I do feel so sorry for Madara...
aeva elementia chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
This one is much sadder- pity, it's nigh canon.
Haldir639 chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
Excellent work.
Slip of Red chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
I read this story and adored it. I was amazed by the quality of your writing, and was overjoyed to find a genderbent ship on HashiMada, as reading the yaoi shipping fics bothers me. Birdsong was so beautifully sad, with Madara stuck with a clueless Hashi, and a protective Tobirama. I loved how you characterized them and changed their dynamics perfectly to fit Hashi's change in gender. Also, Madara's unrequited love with Hashi was so emotional and tragic that I sympathized completely. Another thing that impressed me was how canon the story was. It was a wonderful read, even though the ending was so sad.
HotCheeseBuns chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
That was such a beautiful story...
skepsis66 chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Wow. Ambitious story. I really liked it, your words flowed so beautifully and really lent itself to this tragedy. Hashi's naivety to the nature of Madara's emotional turmoil is truly frustrating and heart-breaking. Thanks so much for sharing.
angelvan105 chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
Wow this must be most incredible, dramatic, tragic and Naruto historical version story I ever read! My favorite part where Hashirama as female because it show woman empowerment. Aww that was saddest part where Madara and Hashirama were not able to be together in end.. Quite love sad romance but in good way how make story more exciting and dramatic it can be! Hashirama can be slow at time when come to love and romance because Madara confessions of his feeling when he say to Hashirama that You are more to me than just a friend. Without you, my life has no meaning. You know not the depths of my feelings for you. Yet.. Poor Madara is stuck in friend zone beyond repair! Poor Hashirama to fail save Madara.. They are meant for each others. It was amazingly great and terrific job! You are GREATEST!
Angelbloodlover chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
Oh wow, a really great story. You totally wrote that down as it would have been if Hashirama was a girl. Though I was itching for the part where they would fall in love, it didn't happen, still amazing story!

-Angelbloodlover
Lady Eowyn of Ithilien chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
This was fantastic! The story's almost more fitting with Hashirama as a girl. They're story is very Romeo and Juliet - feuding houses, unrequited love, and tragedy.
2 lazy 2 log in chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
Wow, that was really impressive
Things could have turned out this way if Hashirama were a girl. Vergy good story!
gillian32 chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Epic. I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed this. I loved female!Hashi and what a spitfire she is, but also how she's constrained by the societal norms of her time. I adored Tobirama's older-brother-but-not-really attitude toward her and how protective and supportive he was, and I loved Madara's interactions with her as well. I know you marked this gen but you can see these deep feelings between them lurking beneath the surface. I almost am disappointed that you didn't just go for it and set up the proper love triangle between them.

My favorite part:

(In comparing Hashirama's potential suitors) "Well what about the Aburame...?"

"Pray your house does not become infested," Madara says. "What else?"

That part made me smile.
Hana13 chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
AMAZING! I LOVE THE WHOLE! :)

I think this the first time I seen a story about a female Hashirama! My favorite part would the "marriage " stuff! And seeing Madara and Tobirama argue over Hashirama!

I think you did a great job setting the universe to fit female Hashirama! Other authors should try writing about a female Hashirama too! Hashirama and Madara does have the "Forbidden love" thing going on...
Cavallo Alato chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
That was amazingly well-written, especially with fem!Hashirama. I love how down-to-earth you write, as always, with the real-life issues (clan sexism, politics, etc) and the way you use Kishi's world (chakra molding, anything, really) is phenomenal :'D
ncfan chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
This is really good. I'm a bit disappointed that you switched around Mito's gender as well (That could have been really interesting to explore, the way their dynamics change when they're both women), but all in all, your interpretation of female-Hashirama was very plausible. The way her relationship with Tobirama changes to account for the difference in gender was fascinating to read.