Reviews for In the Name of Science
Beauford chapter 40 . 8/12
Well this was an amazing take on how and why the marriage law came about. And a good use of the usually unspoken French background of the malfoys. A great story with amazing attention to detail form beginning to end.
Sweet Trufflepuff chapter 40 . 8/7
Made it happily to the end. I am so glad I continued to read your story. :-D It's kind of ironic/funny that I was begging for help understanding when in the next two chapters...click!

Thank you.
Sweet Trufflepuff chapter 27 . 8/6
I've read up to and including this chapter and I haven't review once because honestly, I can't decide if I like, love it or hate it. Well, I don't hate it, I guess 'Dislike it' is better wording.

It is so science heavy that for a literature person, such as myself, it's hard to understand.

And honestly, I'm not sure I like the way you have written Hermione in some ways. I understand that this story is written mostly from her perspective so it should be pretty self-centered so to speak, but it's almost selfishly more than that. So this chapter where her Gryffindor-ness is in conflict with the 'family above all else' Malfoy-way is very selfish of Hermione. She's pregnant and she knows people are after the research and the muggles that can help with it, yet she goes off, without back up or letting anyone know where she is because she above everyone knows best. Is she just being purposely blind to why they are trying to protect her? Or does she really not get it? Because this chapter to me screams: selfish, you have to tell what you are thinking because I'm smarter than you, nobody can do this but me, etc. etc. etc.

So, no one can do this research but her but no one really says why all these people are after her research so what do they expect her to do? You reference Binn's History of Magic class but so far you don't explain what that means just that it's really really bad.

I also don't understand why the 'other group' Dolohov et al wants the research and what they hope to do with it. I guess I don't understand why her research is causing such turmoil. And what it has to do with Malfoy line on either side of the Channel.

This is not a bad review, more of a call for help. If it gets cleared up in future chapters, please let me know. If not, please help me out and explain it to me. Please?
Auroras Jenkins chapter 40 . 7/2
They went through so much. I'm glad that they where able to get a happy ending.
MrsMalfoySnape chapter 40 . 6/28
Oh wow! What an amazing story, I was hooked I could not stop reading until I finished the entire story at one sitting! My eyes are killing me but my heart is smiling, this was a beautiful story full of lots of surprises. Very well written , thank you so much for sharing it!
liljennmartin chapter 40 . 6/22
I simply fell in love with your story...Perfect!
aliduck chapter 16 . 6/14
I like the way you portrayed Scorpius, too many writers use twee "baby talk" which real children don't seem to use!
prose.titute chapter 6 . 4/6
I was suspicious of the cake stuff when it happened, and a little bit surprised by the kiss so soon... but didn't suspect it to be any sort of bonding... but damn, you really snuck up on me with that blood magic part! When I read it I didn't suspect it at all! Good work! :) Hm.. maybe I would have suspected it if it hadn't been for the more obvious trick of the Beltane cakes...
prose.titute chapter 4 . 4/6
I am really loving this story! A very intelligent set-up with just enough light biological jargon to intensify the social/legal ramifications of Magical Britain. :) Oh, Lucius the sly fox... His quips about Hermione's interest in her list was most suspicious.
Sunshine1471 chapter 40 . 3/10
What a great story! I truly enjoyed it!
Lost in a magic realm chapter 40 . 2/15
Thank you so much for sharing this story. It was a very welcome distraction for me during these though days, that I'm facing. Once again thank you for a well told story.
Kalmia chapter 31 . 1/5
This chapter was exceptionally well done, IMHO.
Kalmia chapter 30 . 1/5
I wholeheartedly agree with Lucius. Chapter after chapter I want to throttle Hermione. She is acting very selfishly, and putting herself, her unborn child, and others in danger through her actions.

Loving your story, it's very thought-provoking.
Big Fan chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
I've been reading Harry Potter fan fiction for over 10 years now. The two Harry Potter stories you've published are the best I've read in all these years. I sincerely hope that you'll continue writing and will hopefully one day publish a book. It'd be a pleasure to buy and read a novel written by you one day.
Ashmo21 chapter 40 . 11/26/2014
Thank you so much for sharing this story! I really enjoyed it.