Reviews for The First Guy
E chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Wow, this was phenomenal. I could honestly see it as a scene on the show- it was that well done, believable, and in-character. Can't wait to read more of your fanfics!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Oh wow another great story. You always do such an amazing job. Not sure if this is finished or not. If not, I'd love to read more. If it is, then this was amazing. I really like how you wrote Jake and Marley too. This was wonderful! :)
asphodelgold chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
That was heartbreaking! :'(

I love how you showed Jake's perspective. It was a nice reminder that he is human and not this Marley-stealing monster. Lovely one-shot! Sad, so sad... but so good.
Lady Emily chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
I really, really love this. I love the idea that some of Marley's secret songs might be about Ryder. I love how Jake's emotions cycled believably and sympathetically between love and anger and resignation. But I especially love the way you tied it together at the end-with Jake realizing that maybe his sacrifice might finally be the gift that truly proves how much he loves Marley... even if it means she ends up with someone else.

I felt so sorry for all of them... gosh it's hard loving both Jake and Ryder lol. That's the weird thing about this love triangle; it's so easy to picture Marley happy with either guy, and it seems like Jake is really aware of that in this story, as is Marley, even if she's been denying it to herself. I would love to see what happens between her and Ryder (or maybe even, eventually, between her and Jake?) but I also think you ended this story on just the right note. It's really about Jake and his character growth, not so much the other two.

Really well done. I can't wait for whatever you write next!
EllieBeann chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
That was so good! The ending made me cry