Reviews for How he did it: A Whovian's theory
John Smith chapter 1 . 1/9
"Help I don't know where I am"
Clever...
AMysteriousWoman711 chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
Bravisimo! Molto bene! Most excellent work...and very clever, indeed. ;o)
LittleBlueWho chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Sorry... I'm just absolutely at the moment and I don't want to log in.

I've been browsing Wholock fics all day out of boredom, and then I came across this little gem. I love the concept, and I love the characterization. I felt the characters' reactions and responses to each other were brilliant and very real, and I was impressed.

To be true to my self-promise to be a constructive critic, however, I have to admit I had a difficult time reading parts of the story, because of the typos and incorrect sentence structures that appeared throughout the narrative. I think it would be profitable to go back and edit this story, perhaps run it by a beta, and smooth out a little of the bumps.

That being said, I loved this one-shot. The content was poignant and the length was perfect. Glad I didn't miss it.

blue
TheAngelsHaveThePhoneBox chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
Okay, first things first: the idea is inspired. I'm insanely jealous I never thought of it first.

Secondly, you've proved me wrong. I adore Doctor Who and I love Sherlock, but I've never even considered writing a crossover fic because it just seemed like those two worlds were radically different, and any attempt to fuse them would feel forced. But this didn't. It felt so natural. The Doctor and Sherlock conversing felt real and organic.

Now, let's get constructive: The beginning of the story is a bit short it places, descriptively. You have John shouting as Sherlock falls, then the next line we're in the TARDIS. It just sort of jarred with me. Something as simple as "At the same moment, the Doctor was dashing around in the TARDIS." would be well placed there, just leading us from the one setting into the next. Moments like Sherlock's jump could do with a bit more description too. You just have the Doctor open the doors and mention a figure flying through them. Tell us how he falls, hurtling towards the ground until the TARDIS appears, and how he crashes into the swimming pool. I know we've all seen the episode, but it just helps the reader get inside the story if they can see everything. (Though this gets better in the bits with Molly, I could picture them a lot clearer.)

Aside from some capital letters randomly appearing the middle of words, I have no further complaints. It's a great idea (one I haven't seen anyone else come up with), and you keep both the Doctor and Sherlock in character (you write patronizing-Sherlock and awkwardly-grateful-Sherlock very well), and in their short conversation I definitely get the feeling they have some sort of bond. The same goes for Sherlock's talk with Molly; you're very true to their relationship.

So yeah, maybe work on your descriptive tools, but all in all it was a really good read. :D
SpiritRose3496 chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
This is great! Wouldn't it be fantastic if this is what actually happened... ah well. That's what fanfiction is for. But seriously, this is wonderful. Thank you for writing it!
Rosie H chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Help I don't know where I am
Names Have Power chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Nice theory! But I know what REALLY happened. MWHAHAHAHA!