Reviews for Softer Landings
TheOneThatGotAway99 chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
See, why couldn't something like this happen in the season 5 premier? I won't give away any spoilers just in case, but I was very disappointed with season 5 episode 1, the first three episodes really. They were murdering the bromance! In a small way, I blame El, but she is only a contributing factor. Glad their partnership appears to be at least partly back on track this past episode. Hope it continues. Can't wait for next week's episode. This two week wait is killing me.

Great story! Either this really really got to me at the end, or I am way more tired than I thought because I was all emotional with the last few paragraphs. Love it! :)

-TheOne(ThatProbablyShouldn'tStayUp'TilFourAMReading)
Lisa chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
This...just...gah! God that was absoloirly amazing! XD XD XD I adore your white collar fics, you just get inside the characters' heads and write them all so well it's just fantastic. I need more, there aren't enough well-written stories like this out there! Keep up the awesomesauce work and DFTBA! XD
Twinchy chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Wow, what a most fabulous story!

I'm sure this is exactly how both Neal and Peter feel about the entire situation - and even if they have to reinstate "Burke's Seven" as you suggested, between the two of them, El, Mozzie, Jones and Diana, they're going to get the charges against him dismissed and James behind bars for trying to make an honest-to-the-bones man like Peter take the fall.

Of course Neal would be beyond happy to be Peter's son instead; with James, there's really no competition there. Peter fills so well and seemingly effortlessly the shoes Neal always reserved for his childhood hero of a father. Sometimes family isn't about blood but about the people you care for the most!

And while Peter surely has no doubt about Neal's honesty when he told him, he'd gladly take the fall for him of at all possible, it also goes without saying that Peter NEVER would want his friend/surrogate son to do that; not for him nor for anyone else.

I really liked the way you portrayed their meeting in prison because it was most unusual for both of them, being on this side of the fence respectively, and they both needed to replenish their strength through each other's unshaken support.

As short as their visiting hour may have been, I'm certain the two of them know there's nothing they can't do or accomplish together, come hell or high water.

Wonderfully written and so worth the read!
last1stnding chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
A really great story that packs a lot of punch. Great read.
HilsonMarvey27 chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Okay, I think you just broke me away. The broken noises bursting from my throat while/after reading this were NOT NATURAL.

In other words, you just made my day- nay, week. :)
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
very nice, i love it :)
3rdgal chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Wow. Perfection.

On a lighter note I chuckled at "the other 'ers'". I'd never stopped to think about that before.
Wondo chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Beautifully written. I hope you plan to continue this story.
Peter and Neal will both make it; these two men will persevere.
James is the loser ... and ultimately, always will be.
WynonaRose chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
How sad! Thanks for writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Please, tell me you will continue with this. There is not even a single story on Season 5 speculation about how Neal will help Peter and all. So, you gotta be continuing this. Btw, I hate James, so very much.

Madz
Daryl Ann chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
This is SO good! Thanks for writing. :o)DA
anon chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
brilliant. language, characters, tone...all so well rendered. esp the language.
and im a sucker for neal/peter father son love so yay :D
keep writing! I love the reference to neal feeling the child waiting for peter to make it better- he really does seem like that half the time with his continuous "peter will always find me"s.
more family fics from you please!
Rodeo3 chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Great story! I especially loved the end. I can definitely see Peter and Neal both reacting this way.
avatar kat chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
That's a good sequel one of my favorites.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/15/2013