Reviews for Mass Effect 3: The Miracle at Palaven
MortyTheGobbo chapter 1 . 8/22
Just read the first chapter, and it is very promising. I'll be sure to read the rest.
BSG Legacy chapter 1 . 8/22
This deserves so much more praise then it has. A friend of mine said this fic is "the single greatest piece of fanfiction I’ve ever seen, and undeniable justification of why we have fanfiction in the first place." And I'm tempted to agree with him.

You took a handful of lines from a tiny codex entry that could easily be lost in the vastness of the Mass Effect universe, and expanded it to something with more emotional impact than anything the game itself can offer. In fact, I'd say you did a better job at eliciting the tears-of-joy-streaming, fist-pumping, stand-and-yell-"HELL YES!" reaction than even the Suicide Mission.

The Bosh'tet Express in particular was amazing. You painted a very chilling picture of just how hard the Turians were pressed, how at this point they were dead men walking. They might get to choose the terms of their death, but nothing short of a miracle could save them.

And just when I'm about to give up hope, and watch the Turians die gallantly to buy Shepard one more day... who should show up but the Migrant Fleet! This is... so much better than canon for me. Instead of making the Fleet just another gaggle of warships, you capitalize on the unique strength of the Quarian people. No one can match their spacelift ablility, no one has as much experience replenishing ships underway... NO ONE could do their job but them.

That might have gone on a bit longer than I'd hoped... but seriously. Well done, dude, this was amazing.

(Also, "Ayreen" got me giggling in anticipation.)
Murus chapter 9 . 7/19
It has been a great journey, indeed!

Thank you, this is amazing. I'm generally one to favor more standard stories, those of the dialogue kind... but I loved this. How much? Well, enough that this is now my personal canon for the 'Miracle at Palaven'.

And yes, you have masterfully averted the 'humanity, f_k yeah' trope :)

I look forward to any new Mass Effect stories you might write!
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 2 . 7/10
Bosh'tet Express probably my favourite part of this story, yet you really made a great and detailed story overall to expand upon what was for the players an all to brief description of an epic battle
LogicalPremise chapter 9 . 4/12
How in the name of God can this have so few reviews?

I'm pimping this again, as half of my own inspiration for battles came from this fantastic piece of writing.
Mega Mario 6 chapter 9 . 1/2
This story is to badass and well written to be anything other than cannon in my book. From now on I won't be able to play ME without remembering the Miricale at Palaven as the greatest military achievement that I will never get to enjoy while dieing repeatedly to some blasted Marader.
Gizago chapter 9 . 8/8/2014
A great story, Have you ever considered writing one similar to this except on the battle for earth, we see only small parts of the battle for earth it would be great to see an overreaching history like this story for it.
RustKnight chapter 9 . 5/31/2014
Most enthralling Mass Effect story I've ever read. 10/10 would buy.
Darth Garak chapter 8 . 2/26/2014
Just finished reading this. Great job describing the events leading up to the Miracle and what followed. It felt like a historical story - very well done. I greatly enjoyed this.
jgkitarel chapter 9 . 2/20/2014
This was an exceptionally powerful piece which demonstrates the Reaper War's scale on a single world in a way that ME3 couldn't. I also agree with you in the opinion that the coalition of races that Shepard managed to cobble together wouldn't have been able to win the Reaper War without the Deus Ex Machina that the Crucible was. Well, not in the way they set it up.
The Silent Orator chapter 9 . 1/11/2014
This was quite a joy to read. Thank you for sharing this with us.
palkia chapter 9 . 10/13/2013
Faved this story a few weeks back and have been meaning to post a review - because I seriously can't believe the review count isn't in the hundreds for this piece of work! The voice you wrote in was so spot on - meticulous in detailing logistics and strategies while also painting characters I found myself connecting with emotionally. The way you write action so good, there's a real sense of danger and adrenaline . Not to mention the vast cast you created - all of them memorable in some way. Stunning piece of work , thank you for sharing.
G Stormcrow chapter 9 . 7/1/2013
A simply fantastic read! I loved the painstaking details you included the retelling, to include all aspects of warfare, from logistics, morale, pre-planning, testing, to the ultimate execution. And the politics, I always love a good political intrigue in the storyline.

Thank you for writing this story, it must have taken a lot of serious effort.
Zakeraz chapter 9 . 6/20/2013
Thanks for an incredibly fun read. I might have to get into writing my own stories after seeing what incredible work you have come up with. I plowed through this as quickly as I could and I have to say, it was a hell of a fun ride.
casquis chapter 9 . 6/20/2013
hey, just finished reading your story. It was amazing, simply amazing, certainly one of my favorite pieces of work in the site. I absolutely loved it.
That being said, I would love it if you wrote something similar to this about the Battle of Earth. Anyways, I look forward to whatever it is you write next.