Reviews for Mass Effect 3: The Miracle at Palaven
The Wandering Reader chapter 9 . 9/4
A very underrated fic that deserved more reviews (In the same way the in-game codex just makes the Miracle an offscreen moment of awesome).

It has been a fun read, there were moments that I had goosebumps, Kal'Reegar and his motley crew of bosh'tet suit rats deserved more than what we got in game. I love the characters, especially the bit where Urdnot Nakmor tossed a fellow Krogan out of the airlock, then slowly warmed up with the Turian guy who lost a mandible, such a shame we never got to see comradire such as this (Wrex and Garrus might be an example though).

I might still be disappointed about the ending, but this will always be my headcanon.
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 8 . 2/14
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 1 . 2/14
MortyTheGobbo chapter 9 . 9/2/2015
Well, I finally got off my ass and finished it in a long haul. It was most certainly worth it. Sorry that it took me so long.

I always appreciate fics that fill the gaps in existing stories. By necessity, epic tales like Mass Effect will have grand struggles happening in the background, and summed up in a few sentences. I think your story really nails down the incredible desperation of trying to defeat the Reapers. As well as their overwhelming power and surgical precision with which they use it. And, finally, the sheer triumph when it finally succeeds.

Another favourite of mine that your fic features is scaling down to the point of view of the individuals taking place in the war. In the games, we see everything through Shepard's eyes. It's good to see what it looked like when the Commander was out there doing their thing.

So, great job all around.
MortyTheGobbo chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
Just read the first chapter, and it is very promising. I'll be sure to read the rest.
BSG Legacy chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
This deserves so much more praise then it has. A friend of mine said this fic is "the single greatest piece of fanfiction I’ve ever seen, and undeniable justification of why we have fanfiction in the first place." And I'm tempted to agree with him.

You took a handful of lines from a tiny codex entry that could easily be lost in the vastness of the Mass Effect universe, and expanded it to something with more emotional impact than anything the game itself can offer. In fact, I'd say you did a better job at eliciting the tears-of-joy-streaming, fist-pumping, stand-and-yell-"HELL YES!" reaction than even the Suicide Mission.

The Bosh'tet Express in particular was amazing. You painted a very chilling picture of just how hard the Turians were pressed, how at this point they were dead men walking. They might get to choose the terms of their death, but nothing short of a miracle could save them.

And just when I'm about to give up hope, and watch the Turians die gallantly to buy Shepard one more day... who should show up but the Migrant Fleet! This is... so much better than canon for me. Instead of making the Fleet just another gaggle of warships, you capitalize on the unique strength of the Quarian people. No one can match their spacelift ablility, no one has as much experience replenishing ships underway... NO ONE could do their job but them.

That might have gone on a bit longer than I'd hoped... but seriously. Well done, dude, this was amazing.

(Also, "Ayreen" got me giggling in anticipation.)
Murus chapter 9 . 7/19/2015
It has been a great journey, indeed!

Thank you, this is amazing. I'm generally one to favor more standard stories, those of the dialogue kind... but I loved this. How much? Well, enough that this is now my personal canon for the 'Miracle at Palaven'.

And yes, you have masterfully averted the 'humanity, f_k yeah' trope :)

I look forward to any new Mass Effect stories you might write!
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 2 . 7/10/2015
Bosh'tet Express probably my favourite part of this story, yet you really made a great and detailed story overall to expand upon what was for the players an all to brief description of an epic battle
LogicalPremise chapter 9 . 4/12/2015
How in the name of God can this have so few reviews?

I'm pimping this again, as half of my own inspiration for battles came from this fantastic piece of writing.
Mega Mario 6 chapter 9 . 1/2/2015
This story is to badass and well written to be anything other than cannon in my book. From now on I won't be able to play ME without remembering the Miricale at Palaven as the greatest military achievement that I will never get to enjoy while dieing repeatedly to some blasted Marader.
Running265 chapter 9 . 8/8/2014
A great story, Have you ever considered writing one similar to this except on the battle for earth, we see only small parts of the battle for earth it would be great to see an overreaching history like this story for it.
RustKnight chapter 9 . 5/31/2014
Most enthralling Mass Effect story I've ever read. 10/10 would buy.
Darth Garak chapter 8 . 2/26/2014
Just finished reading this. Great job describing the events leading up to the Miracle and what followed. It felt like a historical story - very well done. I greatly enjoyed this.
jgkitarel chapter 9 . 2/20/2014
This was an exceptionally powerful piece which demonstrates the Reaper War's scale on a single world in a way that ME3 couldn't. I also agree with you in the opinion that the coalition of races that Shepard managed to cobble together wouldn't have been able to win the Reaper War without the Deus Ex Machina that the Crucible was. Well, not in the way they set it up.
The Silent Orator chapter 9 . 1/11/2014
This was quite a joy to read. Thank you for sharing this with us.