Reviews for The Only True Lords
Riyuka chapter 63 . 2/20
I really liked reading this, even though I was 90% of the time annoyed with at least one of the Slytherins. I mean, come on, how self centered and absorbed can you be? Your story totally pulled me in and you explained really good and understandable why they are how they are and why they think this way. But nonetheless, they were really annoying. Your Harry in this story is a saint!
Actually, the character development was one of the best things in this story, all the small nuances and gradual changes of the people, it was amazing.
At the beginning, I didn't think that someone could ever be free of the bond. That Blaise was freed in the end is really nice. What was even better, is that Harry didn't take him back. It would have been interesting to see, whether he truly saw Harry as a better option in the long term or whether he just wanted the easy way out again. I also pity this Blaise, but for someone so intelligent, he just behaves too stupid, is too brainwashed.
In the end, I got the opinion that the bond did some good for all of them. At least, Draco isn't as whiny and bitchy as before, Snape isn't that cold and jaded anymore, Greg is truly happy and Pansy at least content.
The description of the trials and the whole rotten system, was also good. It just deepens the impression of the corrupt, disorganized system, that was started in the books.
Just one more thing, I think I would have liked to see Harry snap. Just once. He was always so calm, so collected and understanding and helpful, that the bond sometimes seemed like an extremly potent calming draught whenever his vassals were concerned. I mean, yes, he sometimes shouted at Draco or felt overwhelmed, but I guess everyone else in that situation would have tried to take a break, to just ignore all of them for a while.

So: a very good story, thoughtful and deep and developing, thank you for this!
MimiTaylor chapter 63 . 2/4
Sweet ending to a thoight provoking story.
DRARRYLOVR4EVERINMYHEART chapter 47 . 1/10