Reviews for The Flammifer of Westernesse
lordoftheringsfanficreader chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
Earendil deserves a great poem to represent him; this is it. Really incredible. Great job!
Gillian Smith chapter 1 . 10/20/2002
Joan,

This was beautiful and haunting. I love poetry and it is my humble opinion that you captured the spirit of Tolkien poetry here.

I am now eager to read more of your work.
emeldir chapter 1 . 9/14/2002
This is lovely. The structure seems to soar, incandescent like the subject itself.
Caporal chapter 1 . 8/25/2002
Oooh...nice...

I like! I like!

Am not coherent, am speechless.

Beautiful!

Morg├╗lwen
CookieEmpire chapter 1 . 8/23/2002
Very nice! I'm impressed! Very Tolkein like. :) Hey, anyways, you're like the best Stilmarillion source I know of. :) Could you tell me please if a Valar could have had a child with one of the First Elves? I'm not quite sure if that's possible or not but I need the info for my story. Thanx a mill, I owe you one.

Love always,

Ember
Nemis chapter 1 . 8/20/2002
Shiny! (as usual ;))

I can't believe the apparent ease you do poetry with (it usually takes me ages to come up with something good).

And this is great. Earendil needs a good poem, and he has it right here.
San Antonio Rose chapter 1 . 8/18/2002
Aiya Earendil Elenion Ancalimon!

Beautiful work, Joan! I like the way you tell the story in a nutshell, give Earendil's various names (especially starting with Gil-Estel), and have the "chorus" praising Earendil. And I think this does fit with "Earendil was a mariner."

I can't think of the words I want to tell you how good I think this is, so I'll just sign off. Great job! :)
morchaint chapter 1 . 8/18/2002
Wow! this was great. Earendil doesn't get the credit he deserves. This a great poem, and it actually rhymes, one word-Wow.
Lady Cheshire chapter 1 . 8/18/2002
How do you write such beautiful and inspiring poetry, capture the character's soul, entice the reader's interests, AND rhyme all at the same time? This was so amazing. . . I loved it!