Reviews for In His Face A Shining Light
Sisirinah chapter 8 . 2/9
I think this is the 18th time I read this story. It is somehow simple but with great depths and it always strikes me how beautiful your words are.
bzbrose chapter 8 . 1/2
A really wonderfully written story, so gripping and emotional. Thank you so much for sharing!
racquelli motzerelli chapter 8 . 10/27/2017
singlehandedly one of the best fanfics i have read in my entire life. thank you.
Thamril chapter 8 . 8/8/2017
an exquiste story, from beginning to end. Certainly among the best I have ever read. Thank you for sharing!
Rachel Dana chapter 8 . 7/17/2017
This is the best story I've read. It's wonderful. Different from Tolkien's and yet true to their spirit with their imaginative breadth and their understanding.
A consolation and companion to life.

Thanks
The Lauderdale chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
I started this on a whim.

This is terrifying, and I am in distress.

I will stop it, do something else for a while, and then start it again from the beginning.
rossui chapter 8 . 6/30/2017
Such grace. This story is exquisite.
BookLover186 chapter 8 . 3/7/2017
Wow. Just wow. Stories like this is the reason why I love to read. Lothiriel's character was one of the most touching characters I've ever read. Thank you for posting this. Thank you very much.
googlyowl18 chapter 8 . 2/14/2017
I've read so many fics and I can honestly say this is probably the most beautiful I've read. I loved it! Such awesome, dynamic characters and such a good story
ksecc1 chapter 8 . 10/19/2016
Beautifully written. Thanks for posting this.
eschscholzia chapter 8 . 9/22/2016
Wow. This is very different from the usual meet-cute stories out there (which I love, don't get me wrong!).

I liked this very much. I liked that you took the story to a new setting. I liked that Riel and the Jurist were able to get a small amount of closure with each other. Tending to him in the Houses of Healing was similar to stitching up the boy at the beginning.

You asked if we had suggestions, my only constructive criticisms are that the shift of Lothiriel Queen riding into battle in Harad seems to come up very suddenly- I don.'the understand how she changed her mind that quickly. I might have explained that more. I don't know how, without more soul-searching soliloquy chapters, but if I were writing it, perhaps an intercalary chapter with that and them working on their marriage. I doubt after all this everything was suddenly hunky dory. She's going to have some serious PTSD, and he'll have some serious survivor guilt. But, I am not a writer, and this is your (most excellent!) story. Thank you again!
meldisil chapter 8 . 8/5/2016
What a beautiful story! I loved it!
Anon chapter 8 . 7/24/2016
The story is poignant, full of adventure and gripping till the end. I do find myself agreeing with Eowyn, it is a shame that to show love is such a fight. All in all the story made me sad, because it is cruel that Eomer only realized his feelings for Lothiriel after he thought her dead.
Anon chapter 8 . 6/7/2016
A good story. Maybe a bit too much heartache. The ending put me in a pensive mood.
Adelie P chapter 8 . 11/19/2015
Angst is normally really not my genre, but this was beautifully written. I especially loved the scene where Eomer finds all the portraits -so, so bittersweet- and Lothiriel's conversations with the Jurist -they just made this into such a high concept piece. The love story is heartbreaking, bitter and full of doom in a manner worthy of Tolkien's Middle Earth. Thank you for sharing.