Reviews for In His Face A Shining Light
BookLover186 chapter 8 . 3/7
Wow. Just wow. Stories like this is the reason why I love to read. Lothiriel's character was one of the most touching characters I've ever read. Thank you for posting this. Thank you very much.
googlyowl18 chapter 8 . 2/14
I've read so many fics and I can honestly say this is probably the most beautiful I've read. I loved it! Such awesome, dynamic characters and such a good story
ksecc1 chapter 8 . 10/19/2016
Beautifully written. Thanks for posting this.
eschscholzia chapter 8 . 9/22/2016
Wow. This is very different from the usual meet-cute stories out there (which I love, don't get me wrong!).

I liked this very much. I liked that you took the story to a new setting. I liked that Riel and the Jurist were able to get a small amount of closure with each other. Tending to him in the Houses of Healing was similar to stitching up the boy at the beginning.

You asked if we had suggestions, my only constructive criticisms are that the shift of Lothiriel Queen riding into battle in Harad seems to come up very suddenly- I don.'the understand how she changed her mind that quickly. I might have explained that more. I don't know how, without more soul-searching soliloquy chapters, but if I were writing it, perhaps an intercalary chapter with that and them working on their marriage. I doubt after all this everything was suddenly hunky dory. She's going to have some serious PTSD, and he'll have some serious survivor guilt. But, I am not a writer, and this is your (most excellent!) story. Thank you again!
meldisil chapter 8 . 8/5/2016
What a beautiful story! I loved it!
Anon chapter 8 . 7/24/2016
The story is poignant, full of adventure and gripping till the end. I do find myself agreeing with Eowyn, it is a shame that to show love is such a fight. All in all the story made me sad, because it is cruel that Eomer only realized his feelings for Lothiriel after he thought her dead.
Anon chapter 8 . 6/7/2016
A good story. Maybe a bit too much heartache. The ending put me in a pensive mood.
Adelie P chapter 8 . 11/19/2015
Angst is normally really not my genre, but this was beautifully written. I especially loved the scene where Eomer finds all the portraits -so, so bittersweet- and Lothiriel's conversations with the Jurist -they just made this into such a high concept piece. The love story is heartbreaking, bitter and full of doom in a manner worthy of Tolkien's Middle Earth. Thank you for sharing.
Wizzelf chapter 8 . 11/1/2015
Damn. I don't know if I have ever read anything on here as hood as that. I don't know quite what to do with myself now.
Moose Voose chapter 8 . 10/3/2015
This was a breathtaking story.

From the first paragraph, I could tell that you knew what you were doing, that this wasn't just something smacked down on the page. And the story only got better and better and better.

The way the romance was crafted, so bitter to begin with and yet sweeting almost unbearably despite the fact that they were not truly together until the end, was incredible. The characterization was so subtle yet beautifully done.

And the writing itself was beautiful. The dreams they had, the symbolism and metaphors, were haunting, thought provoking, and fascinating.

The only qualm I had related to the scene in which Eomer finally tells Lothiriel he loves her. I wish it had taken a less...explosive route.

But, oh! The last line! Beautiful story with a wonderful theme.

Brilliantly done. Loved every second.
LorieLreader chapter 1 . 8/28/2015
What a poignant story. Your writing style is really good, and conveyed so effortlessly the characters thoughts, feelings and actions. I was so sad for Lothiriel, so in love and so lonely at the same time. It's an unhappy love story.
I really love how Eomer remembers their marriage and their life in Rohan, discovers, gradually, her feelings.
I wasn't so sure about his love. For me he's feeling guilty and wants to make amends.
I read the first chapters very fast. I wanted to know what Lothiriel will be submited to, how Eomer and her brothers will be able to save her, to read about their first meeting after this horrific trial. And, then you lost me.
The quality of the writing is still great, but all the plot with the elves and the elven blood was a (really bad) surprise for me. Their story and relationship was sad and difficult enough. There was no need (for me) to add another reason for them to stay far away from each other.
I didn't believe in their happy ending.
Guest chapter 8 . 5/25/2015
Such a wonderful story! You have a great distinctive style and a wonderful way with words.
Wrenfalls chapter 8 . 3/30/2015
Great story telling.
SecretKeeper33 chapter 8 . 2/18/2015
I have no words, yet I will try to enlighten my love, awe, and appreciation for this story. In all honesty this has to be one of the most well-written stories I have read thus far. It is beautiful in it's story and poignant in it's delivery. Though I have much love for Eomer and Lothiriel, I believe it's the sheer magic of your writing ability that has brought this tale to light; and I will cherish the time I spend exploring the other works you have written. Thank you.
Elsa chapter 8 . 1/25/2015
It doesn't matter how many times I read this fic; I love it just the same. Great job - you are an excellent writer.