Reviews for In His Face A Shining Light
Anon chapter 8 . 7/24
The story is poignant, full of adventure and gripping till the end. I do find myself agreeing with Eowyn, it is a shame that to show love is such a fight. All in all the story made me sad, because it is cruel that Eomer only realized his feelings for Lothiriel after he thought her dead.
Anon chapter 8 . 6/7
A good story. Maybe a bit too much heartache. The ending put me in a pensive mood.
Adelie P chapter 8 . 11/19/2015
Angst is normally really not my genre, but this was beautifully written. I especially loved the scene where Eomer finds all the portraits -so, so bittersweet- and Lothiriel's conversations with the Jurist -they just made this into such a high concept piece. The love story is heartbreaking, bitter and full of doom in a manner worthy of Tolkien's Middle Earth. Thank you for sharing.
Wizzelf chapter 8 . 11/1/2015
Damn. I don't know if I have ever read anything on here as hood as that. I don't know quite what to do with myself now.
Moose Voose chapter 8 . 10/3/2015
This was a breathtaking story.

From the first paragraph, I could tell that you knew what you were doing, that this wasn't just something smacked down on the page. And the story only got better and better and better.

The way the romance was crafted, so bitter to begin with and yet sweeting almost unbearably despite the fact that they were not truly together until the end, was incredible. The characterization was so subtle yet beautifully done.

And the writing itself was beautiful. The dreams they had, the symbolism and metaphors, were haunting, thought provoking, and fascinating.

The only qualm I had related to the scene in which Eomer finally tells Lothiriel he loves her. I wish it had taken a less...explosive route.

But, oh! The last line! Beautiful story with a wonderful theme.

Brilliantly done. Loved every second.
LorieLreader chapter 1 . 8/28/2015
What a poignant story. Your writing style is really good, and conveyed so effortlessly the characters thoughts, feelings and actions. I was so sad for Lothiriel, so in love and so lonely at the same time. It's an unhappy love story.
I really love how Eomer remembers their marriage and their life in Rohan, discovers, gradually, her feelings.
I wasn't so sure about his love. For me he's feeling guilty and wants to make amends.
I read the first chapters very fast. I wanted to know what Lothiriel will be submited to, how Eomer and her brothers will be able to save her, to read about their first meeting after this horrific trial. And, then you lost me.
The quality of the writing is still great, but all the plot with the elves and the elven blood was a (really bad) surprise for me. Their story and relationship was sad and difficult enough. There was no need (for me) to add another reason for them to stay far away from each other.
I didn't believe in their happy ending.
Guest chapter 8 . 5/25/2015
Such a wonderful story! You have a great distinctive style and a wonderful way with words.
Wrenfalls chapter 8 . 3/30/2015
Great story telling.
SecretKeeper33 chapter 8 . 2/18/2015
I have no words, yet I will try to enlighten my love, awe, and appreciation for this story. In all honesty this has to be one of the most well-written stories I have read thus far. It is beautiful in it's story and poignant in it's delivery. Though I have much love for Eomer and Lothiriel, I believe it's the sheer magic of your writing ability that has brought this tale to light; and I will cherish the time I spend exploring the other works you have written. Thank you.
Elsa chapter 8 . 1/25/2015
It doesn't matter how many times I read this fic; I love it just the same. Great job - you are an excellent writer.
Rose Rochester chapter 8 . 1/23/2015
This story was heartbreakingly beautiful and well written.
Well done! :)
crmagic chapter 8 . 8/24/2014
Powerful...Poignant... Poetic...Beautiful...

Thank you.
Filiafamilias chapter 8 . 8/14/2014
This was beautiful. Thank you for sharing
DragonOwl chapter 8 . 5/19/2014
This is such a hard hitting story. I read this a while ago, and I can still remember it well. It is written beautifully and poetically, and I can't write a review which does it justice. It is amazing! I could really empathise with Lothiriel, and I loved the way Eomer began to fall in love too. The addition of how she never had a picture of him smiling directly at her was extremely interesting, and I love the way you made her an artist. The depth of her character is amazing. I also loved the way you showed the Jurist, and the way he was saved at the end. I found the conversations in italics with the jurist a little confusing - I couldn't understand whether she was speaking out loud or whether they were dream- conversations or just in her head. But, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I think it adds to the difficulty and harshness in the cages - is she maybe slowly losing her mind? I also loved the elf blood mixing part, too. The line 'the cage is empty, the birds have flown' has stayed with me for a long time. I'm sure I will read this again and again. As cliche as it sounds, it really touched me - I even cried at one point! Thank you for writing something so incredible.
Light on the Horizon chapter 8 . 4/20/2014