Reviews for Grace
Loved it.
GalaxieGurl chapter 1 . 1/15
A very sweet gentle end to a rather tumultuous episode. Obviously, because of their time slot, we can't see Booth and Brennan cuddling under the covers at night as you describe here. Although they have occasionally shown tasteful sex scenes; Borassa and Cam, Booth and Hannah, Booth and Rebecca, Brennan and that awful Stires; I've noticed that the only sex scene with B&B is the Lab as a Club dream episode (that I can recall) Wonder if that is ED's idea or the writers...well, anyway, I loved this story as it seems so in character for these two. Thanks.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
This was beautiful, thanks for sharing this!
JoBelle chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
This: /
Instead of feeling more frustrated, she suddenly felt lighter. She was saying it, she was. "I have been loving you but allowing for circumstances to change, expecting–statistically–that they would change. Someday. Now, I am going to love you and assume that circumstances will not change. There are many processes, that, once put in motion, are extremely unlikely to change. Something extraordinary would have to happen for them to stop. I realized that my love for you is like this."/ is SUCH a BONES-Y declaration of love! I cannot even STAND how perfectly in character it is!

Your insight into these two is really impressive and this fic is EXACTLY what I would want to see on the show though the depth of analysis we get from these two is something really we can only get through reading which is why fanfic is so awesome, this one in particular! Thank you for sharing :)
ImaTVJunkie chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
I loved this from word one.
beautiful.
I'm glad I found it.
grc73 chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
How the HELL did I miss this? Wonderful.

High on the fluff factor.

High on the fact that she loves him forever *swoon*.

Best line?: 'She looked ready to argue with him, but caught herself, a rueful smile on her lips. "Yes. I am saying that I will love you forever. I don't know of anything that would stop me from loving you."'
BonesLenka chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Yes! I feel exactly the same way you do! Unfortunately I had to come to the conclusion I can't have high expectations if I wanted to be happy with season 8 - and it works, but is it a good thing? I have a small doubt.

Why don't we see onscreen something similar to what you wrote - not in bed necessarily - but the emotional talk about what B&B were, what they are and what they want to be. It was perfect to read it.

This sent shivers down my spine:
"Now he felt the terrifying almost-certainty that they never would get there, that they had lost their chance to be that kind of family."

This made me chuckle - how Brennanish was her explanation about her love for him to be a process that is extremly unlikely to change. So cute and he loved she said it just her way.

This made me regret again that we didn't hear it said in an episode:
"Wasn't that the very first thing that he had loved about her, her passion for the truth"

This made me weep ;) :
"You are so right for me. I love the way you are.."

I'm so glad for this little fanfic piece. If you considered writing more missing scenes that should have been and weren't , I'm all for it :)
delia84 chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
This makes me want to go back and watch the episode to better appreciate what you've written. Well done. Thanks for sharing it.
DWBB chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
Michele, This is so profound, I am thankful that you shared your thoughts on this episode. Ahhhmaaaazing!

"I think you sometimes think I only really love you when you say the right thing, read me right, do things right. The rest of the time, I think you think I put up with you." He lets a small smile loose. "You are so right for me. I love the way you are, and you are better than everyone else." My favorite line...and so true and then my second favorite:

"I love you. I don't love you for the foreseeable future."

Now his eyebrows came together. "What?"

Love it,

Diane
Frankie707 chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
This was lovely. I still have trouble watching this episode. I just hate hot hurt they both seemed throughout the whole thing. They both seemed so afraid something was irreparably damaged. The end of the episode did kind of sooth my aching heart. Your tag has finished that job. It was truly lovely.

I do think you captured them wonderfully, both of their defense mechanisms, and the way they'd finally communicate. Thank you for sharing this. :)
luckywynner86 chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Such a lovely tag, beautiful!
SammieAtHome chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
I actually agree with what you said in your AN. There is something specific we were used to seeing in the earlier seasons. The chemistry is still there. Yes. But there is just something that isn't giving us the click. There is a balance in their interactions that sometimes (or often) lacking, and that can gives an expectation for more or the feeling that the scene or action seems unfinished. To tame unfinished business, we tend to see fanfiction as the recourse. No matter if everyone in the fandom agrees or not. When someone, like you, has this feeling - put it out there. Give those creative juices the food they need to grow; pull that string that wants to come out , but just got stuck.

Regarding the scene itself. The one you put in the beginning, where she lunges into the chute, is the perfect example of how, despite being angry with each other, they still care for each others safety. That is what some of us want to see. They can fight, or disagree ( and they did that already in the first seasons. It's not something you would call new information or out of character.) They can do that and be balanced by more scenes or tender, love and care. It could actually be just a simple touch. It doesn't have to mean, actual intercourse (even if we would love to get a glimpse of such closeness and intimacy).
It is also not new how Brennan's mind work. And that process of them discussing something and trying to counterbalance each other's differences, is also something wonderful to watch, even when it leads to angst. It gives us, in turn, character growth.
So the fact you put this thought "Don't you know you can't rush her?" in Booth's mind is the key example of how they already worked through their flaws and thought patterns till then.
Even after watching this particular episode, and despite the end scene, I get the feeling (and I may be totally wrong) that they keep being polite, because, in my humble opinion, I don't want things to be swept under the rug. I want them to be said out-loud. To be discussed, communicated, like this: ""I think you sometimes think I only really love you when you say the right thing, read me right, do things right. The rest of the time, I think you think I put up with you." He lets a small smile loose. "You are so right for me. I love the way you are, and you are better than everyone else.""
the dud pistachio chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
This piece reads like I'm experiencing a dream. Thank you for this marvelous read :)
maneu chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Awesome extension to the actual episode. Everything you write is just awesome.
FaithinBones chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
"The point is for me to tell you what comes after the anger. I love you. And I love the parts of you that I think that you don't think I love." So Boothy.

Very nice continuation, It does gives more closure to the whole running from Pelant thing.

I understand that you think you haven't seen as much intimacy between Booth and Brennan; but, the truth be told I've seen it in almost every scene they are in. I'm not sure why the different perspective. I think it is mostly because they tell each other that they love each other now. It makes me feel happy when they say it so I put on my rose colored glasses and see just how much they want to be together.