Reviews for Enslavement of a Hero
daisycb chapter 1 . 3/27
Is there any chance of you putting this on AO3? It is so much easier to read multichapter stories there.
SaiyaCat chapter 7 . 1/24
The Ending there Made me Cry so Moving
darkpheonix31 chapter 23 . 11/28/2016
I know this review might be coming a couple years too late, but oh well... I am really enjoying your story. I think you have really captured the character of Snape and I like that you maintain his pride and strength even with the enforced servitude. The pacing is nice and the evolution of character is also nice to see. Snape is a great character but very flawed and in a strange way I've often felt that he could learn a lot from Harry. Both characters come from such similar backgrounds but Harry is able to rise above and become a better person but Severus is never able to escape his own mistakes.

If I have a critique thought its that I find it hard to believe that Harry has never experienced any kind of beating and his apparent 'naivete' is a bit unbelievable in my opinion. I have never thought thought that the Dursleys beat Harry continuously or engaged in severe physical abuse the way some fics have it described- however, there is canon evidence of some physical abuse off book. Harry mentions that he had learned long ago never to be within arms reach of his uncle, he mentions the need to duck while he's a round, he chokes in the Fifth book and after Dobby drops the pudding Harry is literally shaking with fear- which to me always portrayed some kind of threat. I realize that you have made some adjustments from the canon but to have Harry completely innocent to this kind of violence seems strange. Particularly considering at the very least he witnessed far worse torture through his link with Voldemort.

On the other hand I really like Harry's revulsion to using violence. I've always felt that one of Harry's greatest fears is that one day he'll become the very thing that he hates most- a Dark Wizard. Harry is powerful and (as often shown) he has a remarkably similar past to Tom Riddle. The only thing stopping him from turning 'evil' is own reaction to violence and mistreatment. I thought this reasoning alone would have been a compelling enough reason for Harry to want to avoid beating someone who is essentially helpless against him.
daisycb chapter 29 . 3/12/2016
I normally do not like and do not read slavery stories. However, yours it quite unlike the others I've glanced through (how else can one determine what one likes or dislikes if one doesn't try to give stories a chance?). There is nothing demeaning in your story, but rather people trying to realistically handle a difficult situation. You have kept everyone very much in character through growth and changes for them. Congratulations on a story well done. I am about to start the followup story with much interest in what happens next.
Guest chapter 29 . 3/3/2016
Good story. I've never managed to stick with a 'Snape slave' story before, but I'm really pleased to find you've got a nice long sequel for me to start.
kittyranma chapter 23 . 1/9/2016
Awww that's so unfair, I so wanted to see Harry spanked.
crotia chapter 29 . 9/19/2015
ahw, I'm sad it's finished luckily there is a part one
crotia chapter 27 . 9/19/2015
Ahw they are so cute together
crotia chapter 12 . 7/31/2015
I LOVED this chapter
whitehound chapter 5 . 6/27/2015
I would have thought the simplest punishment would be to introduce a points system, points earned to be converted into pocket money at the end of the week, and then he could be punished by taking points.
RainCityWriter chapter 29 . 5/1/2015
I know you don't necessarily expect comments on a fiction that's been done for a while, but I felt compelled to tell you how much I enjoyed reading this. It was very engrossing and real - you described the emotional complexities so well For me first person is harder to read, but I found myself able to put that aside as I felt sucked into their world. I have a lot of questions about how this is going to work out, so I will be excited to read the sequel.
aalens chapter 29 . 10/15/2014
I am delighted that I happened across a review of yours for Lanta's 'An Unwilling Ownership' in which you stated that you had been inspired by it to write your own slave fic with Harry as the master, and so I decided to look up your page.
This is a great fic, and that there is a sequel I can now read is great too. Thank you!
Arwenien chapter 29 . 9/15/2014
Great work! I really enjoyed reading it. I'm suprised there's so few reviews. Other, worse stories, have sometimes thousands of reviews! I don't get it.

I'm not sure where to begin with my comment after so many long chapters. I love your style of writing. It's very mature and thoughtful. At first I was afraid that I wouldn't like your story because of the idea to turn Snape into Potter's slave. Severus is very strong and proud character - it's horrible to witness his degradation. But you wrote this amazingly well. There was moments that I cried and laughed. Especially, one scene moved me completely. When Harry punished Snape with the sole and breakdown after that. I was bawling my eyes out when Snape embranced him :D You really showed the wide gap between two different generations and the emotional consequences of corporal punishments. I admire that you didn't choose the side and thus didin't tell readers what they should think. I hate when authors trying to convice people that corporal punishment is good but I don't appreciate when they paint characters who use it as a monters either. I admit, I'm like Harry - I couldn't hurt someone close to me like that. I have too much empathy, so I can understand how hard it's for him. On the other hand I can understand that with Snape's upbringing this could be more preferable.

I really really really love your work and I of course will read the sequel!
- Arwenien
The Lonely God With a Box chapter 29 . 8/25/2014
You reviewed on my story, and, while I almost never look at the profiles of those who review on mine, I chose to look at yours and was intrigued by this story. It has entertained me very much. Best of luck on getting your book published by the way.

I really like how you ended the story by having Severus think back over how far they've come. I think my favorite part of the whole story was the ending, in a large part because of the comment that there is a love deeper than romantic love, and I really appreciate that.

I hope to start reading the sequel to this soon.
GHgirl chapter 29 . 6/22/2014
To Lorteck:
That was a wonderful story. The ending was beautiful, and I absolutely loved it. This is definitely one of the most passionate works that I have read. In addition, it was interesting. It held my attention to the end, and I am ready to read the sequel. This story is unique in every way, and I admire your ability to change everything while keeping the characters realistic. You changed the story, not the characters, and I have come to realize just how difficult that is. I truly am in awe of your talent for writing ability and how to keep it real. Your work continues to astound me, and I am so ready to read the sequel! Keep Writing!
-GHgirl