Reviews for Love Through Different Accents
Nonamenonamenonameplease chapter 10 . 4/27/2014
For that matter, where exactly have three certain boyfriends been during situations that would’ve benefitted from their presence? I’m of course referring to the Changeling invasion, King Sombra’s return, Trixie’s rampage involving the Alicorn Amulet, and anything else I might’ve missed. In real life, I imagine they couldn’t be around due to copyright issues and the whole no-romance deal. But in-universe? Well, I’m thinking Marvin has important commander duties off-world, but what about Pyrus and Lionwing? Does Pyrus have ambassadorial duties like I suggested two stories ago? Does Lionwing have a similar deal with other gryphons? Just, what?

I planned to suggest a CMC subplot perhaps relating to their bullying problems that led to them running away and perhaps culminating with them getting their Cutie Marks and utilizing the basic skills of their respective species (brute strength, magic, and flight), though I guess that would’ve taken away from the love story.

“Lionwing, not in front of the guys.” How ‘bout in front of the gals, then? :D

Some quick trivia notes: (1) Skunks in real life spray a kind of stink juice called musk, but they themselves don’t stink unless you run ‘em over. (2) Methinks Shining Armor is based on the G1 Big Brother Pony named Chief, who is literally a firefighting chief. When I first saw Chief on the back of a MLP coloring book as a kid, I figured it might be a male but never realized at the time how right I was.

Now for Rarity…
Nonamenonamenonameplease chapter 9 . 4/27/2014
As disappointing as it sounds, I’m afraid this installment is the weakest thus far. It may be too late to give you ideas, but you know that it won’t stop me anyway. Here’s the list:

A. To start off, you didn’t explain how Peter first came to Equestria. Marvin found it while cruising through outer space. Lionwing got transported there by our antagonists. Peter arrived…how? Here’s an idea: The trio, in disguise and on another trip across other worlds, finds Peter suffering a career crisis around a month or so before the story; subtly advertise Equestria as a means to boost said career; and, shortly after King Sombra’s rampage, get him enlisted into the Crystal Empire Royal Guard. Maybe he could even take a boat or plane ride through the Bermuda Triangle or any similar route where people and things mysteriously disappear.

B. I can no longer buy Celestia’s alarm at Discord being so physically close to her if you take into account her suspicion towards the “new guards”. I think this would’ve not only felt more natural at this point, but also been funnier:

(Celestia gets the feeling that something is off, but the fresh surprise turns dull when Discord’s arms wrap around her and hold her in embrace. The rest of Discord forms from the blanket, and he kisses her.)
Discord: Surprise. You should’ve seen your cute face; priceless.
Celestia: (bored sigh) Hello, Discord.
Discord: My, YOU seem to be taking this well.
Celestia: You’ve grown predictable for such a Master of Chaos. Put yourself in my place, you get used to it over time. Okay, what’s it gonna be? Back to the ruins, the labyrinth, or…?

Which leads into…

C. This would’ve been the perfect opportunity to introduce a new villain to work in conjunction with the trio until further notice. He or she could accuse the three of getting soft; they wager a bet to prove otherwise; they let things at Sweet Apple Acres play out just the same; and then prepare for the same fight scene at the end. Again, why aren’t the others helping? Why doesn’t at least Applejack get to do more? And why do I get the feeling that tripping Peter up like that to make him break his arm sounds cheap?

D. Do opposites attract, or do birds of a feather flock together? My answer: balance. Lovers should have opposite approaches to life so as to complete each other and form the kind of bond that’ll last as long as they can make it. Discord, Twilight, Rainbow, Pyrus, and Pinkie bring excitement respectively to Celestia, Marvin, Lionwing, Fluttershy, and Big Macintosh. In return, the latter help the former retain self-control. I believe they call it chemistry. Again, hints and signs of attraction amongst the unmarried are up for speculation, but I sadly wasn’t quite able to figure out the chemistry between Applejack and Peter.

Lovers should also at the same time have plenty in common. Marvin and Twilight are both knowledge seekers and enjoy stargazing. Rainbow and Lionwing are competitive. Pyrus and Fluttershy are diplomats for their respective races and otherwise. Pinkie and Big Mac both have farming roots. You paired Peter and Applejack together because…they look cute together, and they have accents. Well, I already explained why just looking cute together won’t cut it. Furthermore, having accents sounds like the kind of thing two people would bond over – romantically or not – if they were young children, not strapping adults.
Nonamenonamenonameplease chapter 8 . 4/27/2014
Fans have often claimed that earth ponies get the short end of the stick compared to unicorns and pegasi. Unicorns can cast magic spells, pegasi can fly, and I’m guessing earth ponies grow stuff and have the most physical strength, though those seem to be debatable. One interesting idea I picked up elsewhere is that earth ponies can also bend time and space to their will. Going back to the MLP Tales episode Battle Of The Bands, Melody and her sisters conveniently return in time to help the older pony’s band win the contest even though we heard the song near its end when they wandered around the studio. Interesting thought, huh? Bad writing, or did we miss the bigger picture?

They also claim that earth ponies get short-changed in terms of goals and personality, too. Considering personality, they’re either flat (like Applejack) or else plain annoying (like Pinkie Pie). I like to think Applejack is at least the wise sage of the group, but she really DOESN’T do much in the show. Twilight Sparkle’s long-term goal is to gain knowledge about the outside world and do Celestia proud. Lauren Faust even intended for her to succeed said princess; I don’t know how, but it wasn’t as a princess or even an alicorn herself. Rainbow Dash aims to prove herself the fastest flyer in Equestria and join the Wonderbolts. Rarity wishes to become a successful fashion designer and make it big in Canterlot. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy are more support fire for the writing itself: Pinkie has a vague goal of making everyone happy, but her randomness lets her do things other civilian characters can’t; Fluttershy has no concrete goals, but her shyness lets the writers put her in situations that require her to overcome it. But
Applejack has nothing beyond working at her home of Sweet Apple Acres.

While I have more to say here than I did last time, it seems earth ponies also get a raw deal in romance, and this is especially true for Applejack. Discord’s schemes have grown highly tame at this point that you’d think he and the snakes had little to no more passion for matchmaking amongst the Mane Six. On the other hand, it still ties in with their development. You could also argue that if they hadn’t brought Marvin, Lionwing, and Pyrus into the fray and gave Big Mac that pep talk, then Peter wouldn’t’ve reached through to Applejack. (Speaking of which, I wasn’t able to catch ANY episode of The Sylvester And Tweety Mysteries, so the most I can imagine of Peter is being a clone of his cousin with a slightly deeper voice.) Marvin and Spike gave Peter the advice he needed to bond with Applejack; Discord and the snakes originally hooked Marvin up with Twilight; so I guess the trio remains at least indirectly responsible for another couple for Celestia’s memory book.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/25/2013
I'm glad peter is going to be okay.
Guest chapter 9 . 4/25/2013
I hope Peter's arm and Discord's wing will be better.
Guest chapter 8 . 4/25/2013
Hey, are you going to make any mimi story just about the couple (like just Twilight and Marvin) having sex?
ShiningShadow1965 chapter 10 . 4/25/2013
Awwwwwww that is so sweet Applejack's French Hero sequel please. That was a very awesome story i have read wow you made it so simple and so action, romantic, and everything else packed i can't wait for a sequel bravisimo on your part.
ShiningShadow1965 chapter 9 . 4/25/2013
Great battle scene that was so awesome looks like Peter hurt his arm I have a feeling that AJ and Peter relationship is growing stronger excellent touch i love it bravo, onward.
ShiningShadow1965 chapter 8 . 4/25/2013
Oh no Peter is going in guns a blazing now what's is going to happen now excellt chapter i love it keep it up bravo, onward.
I'm happy for them.
Guest chapter 9 . 4/25/2013
I hope they will be okay.
Guest chapter 8 . 4/25/2013
I feel sorry for Kaa and Hiss, because they are so sleepy for just standing around and don't do anything.
Aw good story
Guest chapter 8 . 4/24/2013
Aw how sweet and what has peter gotten himself into.
Guest chapter 7 . 4/24/2013
Hey, before they get there. Can you make Discord finish telling Celestia how much he loves her from the last story? Oh, and after she was save by Twilight and the others, can Discord comes back to Celestia's room to have a sleepover with her.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »