Reviews for The First Martyr
Dancing-Souls chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
Very cool Finch dying as the first rebel.
RueThisDay chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
I have never read anything so thought-provoking in my fanfic life. Good luck to you with future stories. :)
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Foxface is one of my favorite characters from the 74th Arena, She ', like Thresh, is not a 'Career' and like him is an 'ethical Tribute' not wishing to kill to survive. In Thresh's case this resolve broke down with Rue's sad death, his fury overcame his natural 'gentle giant' caution and resulted in his death.
For Foxface her strategy almost worked, had not Katniss blown up the Career's stash which she had been regularly stealing small amounts of food from she might have won, by simply outliving all the others. But once her 'supplies' dried up she began to starve quite quickly, having been, I believe, been someone with little fat reserves due, possibly because of an existing eating disorder.
Nevertheless her 'ethics' as well as her lack of combat skill prevented her from killing anyone else, so sadly suicide was her only option (I believe as do many it was suicide),to avoid a horrific death at the hands of the (by now) insane with grief Cato.
It was sad to see such a clever and principled Tribute die, one who truly deserved to survive.
Many Blessings.
Oriondruid, (John).
A-Tribute-Called-Sarah chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
WOW! This is really good! I never thought of Foxface like this! I didn't think about her not wanting to be a part of the games, this just sums her up perfectly! Just one thing though, next time, there is a few places that you could add paragraphs, but its no biggy. Also, if you have time, please read and review my Hunger Games Fan Fictions, that would be great :D anyways, keep writing!