Reviews for Breaking the Cycle
Anonie chapter 65 . 6/27/2014
So you kept me awake until 4:30 AM.
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, PUNK?!
I think everything I want to say has already been said in a hundred other(and longer) reviews.
Even if I kinda expected a break the 4th wall near the end(64), that bit still took me by surprise.
I know it's rather dumb and unimportant, but what bothered me for several chapters was the use of the word "oxygen". Petty, isn't it? It just feels outlandish, considering the time period of the Dark Souls. But overall, great work.
One of the best "dodocorn" fanfics I've ever read.
Anonie chapter 23 . 6/27/2014
"This is the first sentence of the chapter"
Haha, very funny :P
But seriously great work. I was honestly blown away to find something like this.
A finished multi-chapter fanfic is indeed rare.
But one that spans 60 chapters? It's a damn unicorn.
BUT the real kicker here is that this finished 60 chapter fanfic is in a rather 'unpopular' fandom.
I've seen games with larger fanbases that don't even have one fanfic like this.
It's like finding a dodo bird/unicorn under a blue moon. Then the dodocorn hybrid drops a prism stone, and the stone flashes it's rare 8th color.
What I'm trying to say is this amazing fic is one of the most magical things I've ever come across.
Tony1999 chapter 30 . 6/23/2014
Solaire does have a talisman though
chris chapter 4 . 6/22/2014
Great story! however, I find it curious that Quelana's only reason for not using her pyromancy is because she doesn't want to burn her cloak, otherwise she should have been able to escape her captors at the very beginning.
Derk Sools chapter 39 . 6/8/2014
I know this doesn't really matter, but the Dark Hand doesn't kill...
Derk Sools chapter 6 . 6/7/2014
This is definitely the best Dark Souls fanfic I've ever read. Keep up the good work!
Tony1999 chapter 38 . 6/6/2014
You know, i have always thought Kirk as more of a cruel and silent man, and he might have had a thing for his ''Fair Lady'', Quelaan. He was rather devoted to find humanities to cure her or at least ease her pain. If it were just his blood lust only, he wouldn't have needed to join the Chaos Convenant and kneel before someone. And if that had happened in your fic, Chester and Kirk would have made quite a duo, you know, one is deceptive, charming, manipulative, and the other is cruel, man of a few words, and have a soft spot under all those thorns and barbs. Thus, his death would have meant something
Tony1999 chapter 65 . 6/5/2014
Well, this is it then
I've not read a fic like this for ages, since The Devil Factor. Admittedly at first, I had some doubted, but then the more i read, the better it gets. The story is quite creative, not entirely unpredictable but intriguing,drama,action,romance... enough to kept me reading through 65 chapters. But then there's the ending...Gods all those subtle foreshadowing of meeting the Creators, and then you broke the 4th wall...it just ruined things for me.

For the characters, i must say they were well portraited, and how they developed throughout the story is amazing. I never thought i would like Abby and Ben, but how they grew and grew, both Chosen, but each walked their own paths, and Lautrec,from the start til the end he was selfish, wanted to change his fate, and satisfied the angry beast inside him, later he found himself ready to throw away his allies, and everything else he had done save Quelana, and with that i take my hat off to you for making me respect the guy i would kill 9 times out of 10. Still, in those last chapter he was rather emotional, and clingy, I liked what was going on between him and Quelana and all, but i also miss his being saracastic

Overall, this is a good fic, the best Dark Souls fanfiction I've read so far, and i do hope for a sequel, and see more of Lautrec and Quelana. There's DS2 now, so why not ? If you have the time that is
Thesinz chapter 65 . 6/4/2014
All good things must come to an end.
Polyamory chapter 65 . 5/25/2014
Well, first of all I would like to thank you for your great story and the time you invested in it.
I can say, without a doubt, that this is the best story/book i have red in my life. THANK YOU AGAIN

Ps: The end of the story was mind blowing and please excuse my English
Duck chapter 65 . 5/23/2014
Hi,
I'm sorry to say this but.. I am really disappointed with this story! Why did it have to end?! :( I know, every brilliant story must have a brilliant ending that leaves you wanting more.

Recently I have been having a really bad time with life, a lot of crap going on. So I turned to ff to give me a way out. Somewhere where I could immerse myself into something that was wonderful. This story has been that something wonderful. I have seen each character in a new light, fallen in love with ones that I used to dislike, hated ones I used to like and so on. Though not all characters have the same personality that they do on the game and some things like Ana being Lautrecs sister could never be possible, considering he does stare at her until you do the stuff in blight town and he does say something along the lines of she's lost her usefulness. Watch one of the lore videos... They're interesting. Anyway I'm getting off topic. Not everything is quite possible but this story makes me feel like this is real and the game has it wrong.

Never on ff have I read something as wonderful as this. The spelling and grammar is good which makes for an easy read and you make me think with every chapter I want to know what happens with this character so when a new chapter with a new character comes along at first I think "No! What happens to _" but at the end of the new chapter I have the same thoughts XD this story is heartfelt, it's real and it is told well.

Well done sir, if you could produce more amazing stories I will love you forever. It's authors like you who restore my faith in humanity. Thank you. You are amazing. :)

Lots of love,
The duck lady who forgot the name of her account as soon as she made it _ Woops.
Iced Blood chapter 1 . 5/21/2014
It's been a long time since I've read a piece of fanfiction. Longer still since I've reviewed one.

But I stumbled across this link in a YouTube video, and figured I would take a shot. I'll admit, I'm pretty sure I've found this story before, probably while it was still being written, but I didn't check it then. Possibly because Lautrec seemed to be a focal point and, well, I'm not that fond of Lautrec.

However, that aside, I've realized my mistake. With just this first installment, you've hooked me. I've loved the Souls series pretty much since day one, and always had it in my head to write for it at some point. I think, of all the things about this chapter that I love, it's the fact that you manage to work the game's mechanics, not just New Game but the slaying of Lautrec and the tendencies of certain players, into the story. Rather seamlessly, in fact. I love it.

There are minor issues. A typo here and there. No apostrophe where there should be, a missing capital letter, stuff like that. But other than that, the writing is sound and atmospheric, and I'm particularly fond of the dialogue. Each voice is distinct, and I can really hear the personalities of each of them resonating through each word.

Beautifully done. I salute you, and I'll certainly be taking this journey now that I've taken that first step. Thank you for presenting me with my first story in so many years. I look forward to the trip.
Fishmail Awesome chapter 9 . 5/18/2014
Poor Siegmeyer...
Polyamory chapter 25 . 5/15/2014
so far so (incredibly) good :)
Fierdin chapter 65 . 5/6/2014
...

This, this was one of the best books I have ever read. And I read a lot.

Godspeed to you dear writer, you are now forever hallowed in my heart, shining like the sun.

Praise the Sun.