Reviews for Breaking the Cycle
Zepher Vrael chapter 1 . 4/1/2018
Fantastic story, thx.
gonome7 chapter 18 . 2/21/2018
Okay sorry I haven't been reviewing up till now, I've been so enamored with this story. It somehow changes the entire game and yet it's the most true to the Dark Souls experience out of any Fanfictions I've ever read. I haven't found too many good ones, to be honest. And I love how much depth you gone into with these characters, some of which are amazing. Like Lautrec for instance in Dark Souls 1, before the third game was released, he seemed to be just the murderer that everyone assumes him to be in the beginning, but once you get more context with Eygon of Carim and Irina of Carim from Dark Souls 3, Everything Changes.
NeonZangetsu chapter 65 . 11/20/2017
Brilliant.

Just read through all this on almost one sitting and I was genuinely captivated from start to finish.

I've never read a story that captivated me as much as this one did. Let alone a Dark Souls story! Say what you will about the ending, I truly enjoyed it and I tip my hat to you sir. I genuinely shed a tear at the end of this masterpiece. It felt like I was reading an actual BOOK and do you realize how RARE that is on this site?!

I tip my hat to you, fellow author.

Had I the time, I'd go back and review every chapter.

That's high praise coming from me!

Regards,

~Nz
Dumnezeu chapter 65 . 11/3/2017
Read this magnificent story so long ago. I think it's been over a year! I just made an account and wanted to say how impressively amazing this story is, it really got me into the whole fanfic scene, and I really think the author has amazing story telling skills! Always will be my favorite Fanfic, and my first haha, thank you for writing it!
Arron chapter 36 . 10/2/2017
Honestly, I'm disappointed Abby lives. You gave her a good, valiant death which showed her character growth nicely.
Her revival doesn't necessarily take the growth away but it just diminishes the impact her death had. It feels too convenient considering the atmosphere in Dark Souls.

What bothers me about Lautrec and Ana is not that he forgave her (to some extent). I think it's inappropriate for Abby to change Lautrec's feelings even if she means well. It seems really manipulative. This had been Lautrec's goal for so many years and she just takes it away.
Warlord of Chaos chapter 6 . 8/18/2017
I got the feeling that the cold that is assalting this world is probably the result of both Lautrec missing with the cycle and the last "chosen" letting the first flame fade.
Loved the chapter and can't wait to read the next one (sorry for the bad english).
Guest chapter 1 . 8/6/2017
you're awesome
SpicyChicken123 chapter 65 . 7/23/2017
Good job. This was a very good story, and it was very enjoyable.

You did a very good job building up your characters. Some of the characters in the game, such as Tarkus, don't exactly have a personality since they are just summons for one boss fight. I feel the personalities you gave some of them fit their characters very nicely. Dark Souls doesn't give you the full story, so you have to use a bit of your imagination to fill in the gaps. For example, was Kirk really a bad guy in the game? Perhaps he was just trying to collect humanity to save his lady? In your story, you made him out to be a heartless villain. I feel that some people were slightly out of character., but you still made it work really well.

In regards to the ending: I feel that you slightly ruined the story you've built up throughout the chapters. You made Lautrec realize that Dark Souls was just a video game and the characters in the game were for the enjoyment of people in the real world. That soured all the character development and unique personalities you put into all these people. But again, I probably should have seen this coming with the way you started the story (where Lautrec is mentioning to Quelana that some undead speed through Lordran as if it's a race, etc).

But again, this story was well executed. Nice job. I'll give you a favorite.
ImaginativeFury chapter 8 . 6/21/2017
Gonna stop reading this here. Since the moment you presented him as a chosen you have been sidelining Ben in favor of this retarded Abby lady and not even have him say he is also a chosen one when mentioned.
Unca Bob chapter 3 . 6/8/2017
Lautrec and Quelana were solid, Patches less so.
But.
The bonfire is burning wood. Use twigs to attune.
This is actually headache inducing by the sheer mindboggling factual incorrectness of it all.
And so this'll be as far as I read. I just can't get my head around it. Was this supposed to be an explanation for the way the bonfires function? Or to try and add a touch of realism? Whatever the reason actually was it's enough to put me off entirely.
Have a good look at the bonfire. There's no wood in there. These fires are started with corpses fuelled by souls.
fffe/f/2013/143/1/a/dark_souls_bonfire_by_
Constable Paperbag chapter 65 . 5/16/2017
After all this time, I still consider this the best Dark Souls fic out there. Such a good read
Bob and co chapter 9 . 5/9/2017
NO NOT SIEGMEYER
HE BETTER COME BACK ;-;
Guest chapter 65 . 3/15/2017
I've just finished this,it was very beautiful and now I'm going to spend some time to reflect on this magnificent work.
Chaz chapter 65 . 3/13/2017
AMAZING! Please write more dark souls themed stories- This is the most amazing writing I have read in a very long time. Thank you so so much for writing this.
DaKaiserPotato chapter 65 . 2/27/2017
Sweet baby Jesus, this was one hell of a ride. I've not read many Dark Souls fanfiction, but I can say without a doubt that this is one of, if not the best one I will ever read. The amount of time you've probably spent carefully weaving this tale is amazing, and I will always enjoy it. Congratulations on creating such a wonderful story.
626 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »