Reviews for Children of Time, Ep 2: Men of England
ErinHamish chapter 3 . 1/2/2019
Well, the time, thought, love (and yes, even the heartbreak) are evident to me. Your efforts are not lost if they're breathing such wonderful life into a television show (and vigilante duo) I thought could hardly be improved.
TheTimeTraveller chapter 4 . 12/10/2017
Nah, I've just encountered a slight problem. You use eyebrows too much. You ought to try a different body part for a change- say, elbows.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/10/2017
You portray both the Doctor and Holmes near perfectly. Most stories I've read with either of these characters are not done well, to say the least. The dialogue is true to the characters and sounds like it could be found in the show or the books. I can imagine Tennant speaking as I read. And you pay attention to grammar- thank God you pay attention to grammar! No one else seems to care. These stories are very enjoyable. I find little fault in them. Fantastic!
SamsonMadden chapter 1 . 2/6/2017
XD I LUV IT SO000O MUCH ALREADY! XD :D
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 6 . 9/6/2016
I kinda want to see Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon as a companion in this episode now...
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 5 . 9/4/2016
Watson wasn't the only one to snort with laughter.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/3/2016
LOVE LOVE LOVE it
PSW chapter 3 . 5/28/2016
Of course Shakespeare's got a vulgar mouth - wouldn't expect anything else, really. ;-) And of course they can find a paranormal mystery back in the past - it's Holmes, Watdon, and the Doctor...

Looking forward to seeing how it goes!
pikachucat chapter 6 . 3/27/2015
awesome
Tabbyprincess chapter 6 . 3/17/2015
Overall, I've really enjoyed the two of these stories that I've read. The writing is excellent and engaging, and everyone is in character.

My one problem with this story is that The Doctor has met Shakespeare before this point. In City of Death: Part 4, a Tom Baker episode, he says he's met him, and indeed that he helped write down some of the sonnets when the Bard had sprained his wrist. It's when he says the line " 'Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles and...' Take arms against a sea of troubles? That's a mixed - I told him that was a mixed metaphor and he would insist!"
Asmodeus chapter 3 . 3/2/2015
Wow. Brilliant, really! This is actually my first real encounter with classic Holmes, I am more used to BBC Sherlock. I like him (or at least how you write him.) The portrayal of the Doctor is excellent as well, and in the previous installment your villain was excellent.
Writing While I Wander chapter 6 . 8/23/2014
Happy endings! I love how the boys have bonded - and loved Shakespeare.
Writing While I Wander chapter 5 . 8/23/2014
The Doctor and his inability to keep both his hearts going... :)
Writing While I Wander chapter 4 . 8/23/2014
The Doctor/Watson/Holmes banter is lovely (as usual). Can't stop grinning like an idiot.
Writing While I Wander chapter 3 . 8/23/2014
"Do people actually shout that these days?"
...The Doctor smiled wryly. "They do now. Congrats."

LOVE IT