Reviews for Father's Song
Von chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
Very creepycool. This is exactly what I thoughthoped had happened but painted much more finely. :)
Saber Wing chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
*removes heart* Well, you can take this. I didn't need it anyway.

What a fantastic story. The writing is perfect, the characters are spot on, and it's so deliciously tragic it makes me want to die. You should be proud of yourself, really :)
Wolfsthrope Von Schlieffen chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
Just wow...I always thought the Songbird was more than a machine, and I knew had the answer :)
UTHEMAN chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
I would like to write a better review the my first one.

So I will start out by saying that this is one of the most emotional stories I've read on the site, and I haven't found another story that has surpassed it.
The looming dread is suffocating and most wonderful use, it also added suspense.
The end is a double edge sword, there is hope for him but we already know how it's going to end of him making it even sadder.
Also you did a really good job on waiting for each character, I never stop and ask myself would they really say something like that.

I could probably keep on going but I would probably get repetitive, so I think I'm going to end this.
From the bottom my heart I wish you a Merry Christmas.
whereslucas32 chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
This is absolutely beautiful. Not gonna lie, I was crying a bit.
Caeli Et Terra chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
"This will end in tears. He knows it.

It might as well start with them too."

I cried right there and didn't stop. That's my favorite part of the story. This story is so powerful and makes so much sense it hurts. Great job. Kudos to you!
UTHEMAN chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Lie down. Try Not to cry. Cries a lot.
andyhurley chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
What? No! This story is beautiful. I'm- you're making me cry! I'm drowning in the ocean of feels! But really. I'm gonna fovorite this and nothing's gonna stop me.
Righteousham chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
It's rumored that one of the DLC's coming out will be about the Song Bird; the greatest complement I can think to give in regards to your story is this: I doubt Irrational could do better.

As much as I loved Infinite, I felt as if many things were left on the cutting room floor, so to speak. Song bird for instance seemed under-unitized, and perhaps I missed it somewhere but at any point does the game explain why Comstock and the Columbians worship the founding fathers of America?

If you perhaps decided to write another story in the Bioshock universe, that is a topic ripe for explanation and interpretation.

Keep writing, as this fandom needs authors of your caliber.
Exodiano chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Just... Perfect!
Levencam chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
im crying holy shit dude that was really good
WDW chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Oh my god. This... This is amazing. There's been a lot of Songbird-Booker theories going on, but this is the only fic I've seen that uses it. This is really well written and shows the feelings of all the characters in a poignant way. The characterization was spot on and this fic just makes the BSI ending hurt even more.
alligatorjesie chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
I made an account here to tell you how much I enjoyed this. I posted a link to it on my tumblr and everyone who's read it all say the same things: They love it too.

Keep this up. It's fantastic.
laicka chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
A really heart broking story, but pretty good, it gives quite a good explanation of why Songbird is willing to do anything for Elizabeth/Anna, it would had been that you knew a bit more of the bird in the actual game...
I have to say that I did imagine that maybe Booker would finish as the songbird, since he act like a Big Daddy, or maybe even Lady Comstock, but that was before I find out that she was killed because she was drive mad by envy, or sort of.
Vashta chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
This. . . I actually thought the Songbird was her father.. . . Throughout the entire game I kept thinking, 'What if that is her father?' So. . . Headcannon, now. Definitely. Thank you for this. :) Even though it make me weep a little.