Reviews for Ghosts That We Knew
TeaAna chapter 3 . 9/12/2014
Great story - Thank you for writing it! :)

I am new to reading Supernatural fan fiction; besides this one, have only read one other short one-shot. When I decided to read another, maybe a lil longer- I searched for a quick read containing "Dean and Tessa" and this one seemed perfect and it really really was. :D

I am such a huge fan of Tessa- more importantly the way they are when she appears. Dean talks to her in a way that he does with no other. And Tessa digs him but really doesn't "understand" that she does. And you mentioned both those things... so yay! hehe

The plot was believable and fit into our Supernatural world. Yes, the ending wasn't all smiles and cherries but, seriously, when is it ever for our boys. It was awesome - Was a little bummed when his memory had to be swiped but I understood it and loved that you took that direction.

Also liked where in the timeline you plopped this event. It just seems to fit absurdly perfectly. Thanks again for sharing this with us and making this lil bit of fantasy for us Dean/Tessa lovers come true! :)
BartWLewis chapter 3 . 8/17/2014
Just awesome.

Must Dean/Tessa fics end with them going their own ways? I swear they all seem to do just that.
Banner chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
I love this story - it's intelligent, the characters are believable, the plot is engaging. The ending is truly satisfying. This one goes in my "For A Bad Day" file.
Casy Dee chapter 3 . 11/8/2013
Brilliant story. Very well written; I enjoyed it very much!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 3 . 7/21/2013
Interesting idea, I’ll give you that.
Tessa might have only made a few appearances in the show, but she’s certainly an interesting character, and your take on her is excellent, exploring such complex issues as her thoughts on her duty in general and her responsibility to Dean in particular, to say nothing of creating a highly engaging plot.
The concept of rogue reapers might have been only briefly discussed in the series- and then he was only ‘rogue’ in the sense that he was working for a specific individual's agenda rather than just doing the job-, but the idea of a rogue reaper actively working against the natural order certainly works, along with the intriguing contrast between him and Tessa’s respective reactions to their new states, him frustrated that he wasn’t more powerful where Tessa is willing to at least explore what she’s become now.
It might be shorter than I might have liked- might have been interesting to see how others reacted to meeting Tessa as a human, after all-, but considering Death’s automatic interest in this, the brevity made sense, and it was still a highly interesting concept regardless, I assure you.
(On a serious note, you should think about sending this to one of the show producers; it seems like it would have DEFINITE episode potential.)
shirleypositive72 chapter 3 . 7/13/2013
I'm so glad I found this. Interesting and well told story.
klu chapter 3 . 5/22/2013
This story was (as Dean would say) awesome!
The emotion and overall tone conveyed was terrific. I find I'm staggering at the way it drew me in and invoked a genuine emotional response.
Patricia de Lioncourt chapter 3 . 4/23/2013
Awww... that was such a sad ending. Man, the supernatural needs to quit messin' with these guys' memories. But I loved this! And Death's cameo was fantastic... as you know, he's one of my favorite characters... in several fandoms.
Patricia de Lioncourt chapter 2 . 4/22/2013
Great chapter! Oh, I loved the way Tessa's reacting as a human, and how it makes complete sense that she's picking up on human things faster. I also love that Dean isn't quite sure what to do with her. Love it!
Patricia de Lioncourt chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Oooh, I love this beginning! Everyone's so in character, and the mythology you're using is fascinating! I can't wait to read more... but that's for a day when RL doesn't require my sleep.
elfinblue chapter 3 . 4/21/2013
That was lovely, sad and bittersweet. I like Tessa and I can see Dean falling for her like that. Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it. :)
emebalia chapter 3 . 4/21/2013
Of course it wouldn't last but at least he hasn't one more painful memory of what could have been.
emebalia chapter 2 . 4/20/2013
"He was hoping Baby didn't die with him, but at least Sam wasn't in the passenger's seat." I love Dean, being more concerned about the ones he love than about his own life.
The interaction between the two of them is great, love it.
Psychee chapter 2 . 4/19/2013
Oddly, I always liked the idea of Dean/Tessa but don't believe I have ever read a fic with that pairing. I've really enjoying this one. Interesting how Tessa became human, she knows Dean and will be supportive but no-nonsense. I look forward to reading more.
emebalia chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Very interesting start. I want to hug Dean and tell him that Sam will be back.
And Tessa kinda reminds me of the Last Unicorn but my mind makes weird connections.