Reviews for Light in the Darkness
none sorry chapter 20 . 1/20/2011
ok, let me be honest... i'm really mad that u had erik die. i mean, i understand that he left behind a great legacy in his talented daughter but, now i feel sad... :(

oh well, i'll get over it. i guess sad stories always leave a great impression. while i was disapointed at the tragic death, i must also include my joy considering ur great writing skills. although this story left me feeling very sad, i still liked it very much! so thanks for writing it! :)
Takada Saiko chapter 20 . 3/28/2005
*cries* that was depressing! You killed Erik! But you did it in such a well written fic that I can't be too angry...

Takada Saiko chapter 10 . 3/28/2005
*stares in disbelief* You killed Ayesha! *sobs* you could have had her crawl from the rubble dramatically! Or something! AYESHA! Poor kitty!

Takada Saiko chapter 7 . 3/28/2005
They burned down Erik's home? I hope Ayesha wasn't in there...
Takada Saiko chapter 2 . 3/28/2005
Did Raoul go after Erik? The JERK! The fop has stooped to a new level... gr...

Lovely story

*scurries off to read more*

Clever Lass chapter 5 . 2/27/2005
Not sure whether I reviewed this last time I read it or not, but here goes.

Twice in two chapters you've used the word "palpable" when you meant "palatable." They mean very, very different things - try looking them up on for the difference. "Palatable" means easily swallowed, either literal or figurative. "Palpable" means able to be felt, physically. "A darkness so thick it was almost palpable" for example... but hey, don't just trust my word for it; check them both out on !

Other than the jarring word mis-use, I've been enjoying the story (again). Thanks.
Clever Lass chapter 20 . 2/20/2005
This was enjoyable. The pace was good, the characterizations were believeable, and the action was nice and punchy.

One area where you sometimes fail is in not knowing the correct meanings of the words you use. Either that or not using the correct words, but words that sound a little like them but with very different meanings.

One example (there were others, but I can't remember them offhand)of this is at the end of chapter 19, where you use the word "mollified" where it simply does not fit. Mollify means to placate, or appease-how could Nadir offer mollified comfort?

Aside from that one jarring tendency, I've enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing!
neo-lover72 chapter 20 . 1/29/2005
omg...i'm actually crying.
None4902359305905 chapter 20 . 1/1/2005
Aw so beautiful but did you really have to kill Erik :(
eat-drums chapter 20 . 12/28/2004
So sad...but so beautiful! Absolutely wonderful!
Jamie chapter 20 . 6/22/2004
Wow. Here I am, in tears at work after finishing the story. Beautiful!
LadyWillow chapter 20 . 3/19/2004
*cries* So sad...he's DEAD! *wails*
Angelic Lawyer chapter 20 . 9/7/2003
I'm really speechless,this story was so beautiful!

You write in the first person so well and, unlike many people (including me *sigh*), it don't makes your characterization less greater at all!

Loved your Raoul, I think he's a damn fop either, but your characterization made it clear without any roughtness.

The end... well, very,very bittersweet. I'd never guess you would kill Erik, really. But after all, it came to be the best end in some way.

Looking for more great stories like this :)
bellasemplicita chapter 20 . 5/20/2003
I caught up with everything, and... WOW. :O

Fordgirl, this is an amazing story! Beautiful, outstandingly written, haunting plot, bitter-sweet memories... I absolutely love it! :)

I like the way you made Raoul's character! I'm pro-Erik too :P :D

That was one of the best perspectives of Raoul I have ever read! very good!

I love the way you write your dialogue! It's so formal, and 1800's Paris-like (humor me, I'm a formal writing style freak... :P)

You killed off Erik! lol.. but that only makes the end better, and I must say, it's an outstanding ending too! :D

I loved it all the way!

~Sky
Airene chapter 20 . 2/27/2003
:tears begin to from in her eyes: Aw. Why'd it have to end like that. :sniff: It was so beautiful. :starts wailing: