Reviews for It's All Fine
Ballykissangel chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
I love how John can quiet storms with the simplest of words :)
becgate chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
Loved this one too! !
Han Alister chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
John is such a good friend! asdlg
AllIWannaDo chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
I don't watch Sherlock (the BBC version, which I assume this fic is based on), but I have some familiarity with the relationship between Sherlock and Watson, so I thought I'd give this one-shot a try.
I'm glad I did. I loved your portrayal of the friendship between John and Sherlock. It's the little things - how John wipes the vomit from Sherlock's face, how he untangles his bedsheets for him, and more generally, how he anticipates what he'll need as he lies in bed recovering from the ketamine. But then, it's the big things, too - or more specifically, one big thing: his assurance that he'll accept Sherlock regardless of whom he chooses (or doesn't choose) to have sex with, "as long as it's legal." He's such a good friend (seriously, we should all have friends like him) and you manage to convey that without falling victim to corny or out-of-character narration. This piece brought a smile to my face, and reminded me of my own best friends.
Overall, your writing was fluid and easy to read, the characters seemed in-character, and the themes of friendship and acceptance were well-expressed. Good job!
Rainie Skyes chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
I love the way you showed John's matter-of-fact-ness. He is a gentle caring man, but not a fool. He knows what's going on. And he 'gets' Sherlock so well. Ah, if we all could have John as a best friend, the world would be a better place. Thank you for 'getting' John so well. It's a pleasure to read.
magentacr chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
Aww. Haha, Johns right, they would definitely not be having that conversation if Sherlock wasn't drugged up. John is very good about it though, very mature.
CheddarTrek chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Haha, good start with the "legs tangled in the bedclothes" bit. Made me laugh.

A minor nitpick, but I notice you use adverbs a fair bit when you don't really need them. Patiently, calmly, and so on can be better shown through action or inferred, etc.

The dialogue seems good and the characters sound like themselves. I do feel that John is being perhaps more patient than he would have been, and Sherlock showing a little more weakness than he might have, but it's not so far off as to be hard to believe. Also a little hard to believe that Sherlock would be bothered by what Mycroft said...

...but on the other hand it makes for a great little story where he does care, I suppose.

And really for the most part it felt like a scene that could have happened, so kudos to you.
jack63kids chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
Always a pleasure when one of yours come to the top of the list - never disappointed.

Gloriously candid moment with the incapacitated Consulting Detective. Their little talk was revealing without going 'off message'. Also reminded me of parenting moments - John would make someone a fabulous mother. Calm and concerned without getting over emotional about it.

And yeah, that's about the reaction to Mycroft you'd expect.
JaydaMorgana chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
I think I am falling in love with your writing ...
starrysummernights chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
And this was wonderful. Head canon accepted.
darkaccalia520 chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
LOL...I don't know the whole story about this Irene, but I'd love to find out. Someday, perhaps. So I must say, I feel bad for John. He's always having to clean up Sherlock's more ways than one here, apparently. :P Ugh, the vomiting was kinda gross, but that's a good sign, I'm assuming. I don't know exactly what ketamine does to a person, but I'd imagine the vomiting would help dispel such a substance from the body. It's just too bad it's John stuck dealing with it all when it's apparently Myrcroft who is to blame. I also loved the slurred speech of Sherlock's, and I understood every line, except one. The only time I didn't quite get it is the line about sex...I just wasn't sure what the 'f' stood for, but no matter...they talked about virginity after that, so I guess what exactly the 'f' stood for doesn't matter. I think my favorite part of this was the fact you never said one way or the other exactly what Sherlock's sexual orientation is. That gives the reader a chance to pick for him or herself...and i happen to think that's pretty cool. Also, I really loved the conversation between John and Sherlock and how he says it's fine, virgin or not, homosexual or not...because they're friends and if it's not illegal, it's all good. I just loved the message. A lovely one-shot here. Well done, darling. :)
Tusjecht chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
Nice teasing out of the dynamics between John and Sherlock here. I've seen quite a few pairings in this fandom, but this not so much fringes on the line as it teases very near it.

All in all, a well-crafted exchange of dialogue, showing through a testy relationship after hours. ( :
Ersatz Einstein chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
This was funny, well-written, and vaguely heartwarming (but not too much so). Furthermore, unlike most good one-shots, it's not crying out for another chapter.
Aiko Isari chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
to be different, I is reading a oneshot! Whee! Slightly delirious, can't you tell? XD

he'd slept off the rest of the ketamine that Irene had given him- Oh it was only for fun, honestly. She just wanted him to get off his high horse a little and look at her. Like when she hacked his phone.

"Gunna be sick,"- This is the most incoherent Sherlock. I LOVE IT. Stay incoherent you lovable bastard. You're tolerable then.

"If you're done, give me that and lie down again,"- I love John's role in this as the calm, sensible, knows-what-he's-doing-in-a-way-Sherlock-can't kind of way. It's nice to see him getting the competent spotlight for a change, even if it is to help this derp.

"Do you want me to call him?"- The two of them would get into a pissing match which Mycroft would likely end up winning. Nothing like a drugged little bro to beat up on.

"You meant it was fine 'f I was gay."- Bahaha, it is. Since you are. It's completely okay Sherlock. And you're only going to humph about it tomorrow so calm yourself dude. John is completely cool about it, as long as you stop vomiting. NOW SLEEP.

"Mycroft can piss off."-That was so sulky. Just nod and say yes John, as you ended up doing. That was just plain hilarious. I couldn't feel sorry for him, even though he was doped up. That was too funny.
patemalah21 chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
I like how you handled this. You discussed a very sensitive topic in a manor that was in character and made sense in the context of the situation. Well done you!