Reviews for The Anatomy of True Friendship
ashir chapter 5 . 3/3
Thank you for a lovely story. Very realistic.
Einsam chapter 5 . 6/24/2015
I loved this so much. Here, art reflects reality - sometimes things don't turn out the way we want them to. Although not a HEA, the story was fleshed out, the characters complex, and the ending left me satisfied.
Also, I lol in the face of people who rage-quit this story because it doesn't feature their ideal HG/SS storyline and characterisation. Don't like it? Move on, or write your own bloody story.
Snaperipper chapter 5 . 5/24/2015
I'm sorry but I couldn't finish it. Hermione and severus are my favorite ship and to make them into that type of couple/ friends when they loved each other seems wrong and unacceptable.
RhodaBush chapter 5 . 1/20/2015
Wow
Smithback chapter 5 . 11/15/2014
very good. I would have liked that they have ended together, but this was much more real.

a very nice story.
chuffed4angst chapter 5 . 8/23/2014
Dear A: I just read this for the second time, and want to say how truly beautiful and well-told you make this tale. You've drawn something truly cannon and human and adult. It rings heart-true while steering blessedly free of cloying cliché. That's a rare and amazing feat!
Also, you leave me caring for these characters and wondering about their futures... Any codas in the que?
C
Angel10242 chapter 5 . 8/22/2014
Really enjoyed your intelligent and well written story. Agreed with your ending too - they were better as friends than evolvinginto a traditional relationship. Thank you for a good read!
Fat Molly chapter 5 . 8/6/2014
Aw. Great job. I really enjoyed this - unpopular ending and all. I think I'm a little bothered by Erik's possessiveness, but maybe later in their relationship they can get to a point where Hermione's cold pragmatacism might serve them both well later. I feel like a sequel would be good. Once the New Relationship Energy fades from her relationship with Erik, and Snape's had some time to age, I bet some middle-aged romance could emerge. I love this story great job!
Fat Molly chapter 4 . 8/6/2014
Oh, the pain of giving someone space to process shit. I know dat feel.

You're SO GOOD AT ALL THE SCIENCE and SOOOO VERY GOOD AT ALL THE PSYCHOLOGY.
Fat Molly chapter 3 . 8/6/2014
You. Yes you. You're great. Your Hermione and snape are great. *hugz* and yes incidentally prior to your email this morning I read the authors note at the top of this and noted its salience to our other conversations. In addition I note similarities in how we both envisioned such a scene as their First Close Encounter of the Sexual Kind. Notably hermione's lack of desire for drills initially.
Fat Molly chapter 2 . 8/5/2014
This is the hardest kind of fic to stop and write reviews for because I have the unfortunate inclination to click to the next chapter and not stop.

You write Snape as such a badass (emphasis on bad) and it's excellent. It inspires me to give zero fucks about people's perceptions of me, which is nice. Imagine a portly young woman almost whacking people with a yellow umbrella as she walks home on a crowded NYC sidewalk, reading your fic on her phone. (guess what, that was me this evening).

Re; your handling of open relationships: quite well for someone without a lot of knowledge about "how it should work" a la polyamory, which is more my knowledge base. It seems natural, not forced, and you don't fall into a trap of "omg having open relationships IS DA SOLUTION TO EVERYTHING!" Whereas I don't know personally anyone with such an arrangement as that outlined her - indeed, most of the open-relationship crowd I know are in it because of a desire to have more sex with more people - the cold objectivity that Hermione uses to rationalize this situation is really appropriate.

I find it sad she's lost her idealism, but that's fine. much love for this story all ready.
Fat Molly chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
This is a hilarious chapter. Love it.
AutumnsSun chapter 5 . 5/17/2014
I've been reading this story over the last few days. I'm lucky because I found it in its finished form. What a well crafted and entertaining story.

I have to say that I'm glad that they didn't end up together by the finish of your story. At one point I was hoping they did. It was when Hermione paused at the door tell Severus that
she didn't know what she wanted. I was hoping that he would take the hint and pursue her.
As the story progressed though I think I realized how very damaged Severus is. I think that any relationship beyond friend would be a doomed one. Actually the fact that he opened himself up to Hermione so much was probably a major accomplishment on his part.

By the end as Hermione moved foward with Coulson - I was afraid you would have her calling off her engagement. Thank you for not doing that. It felt much more plausible that they would end up together.

Can I just say how badly I wanted to slap Severus as he started to ignore Hermione in favor of his crossword puzzle (tword the end of the story, in the staff room). Did he do it on purpose or was he really that detached at the moment?

I also loved the way you had other characters pop in from time to time. Even the fact that Draco and Harry have a buisness partnership. It added interest and rounded the story nicely.

This is one of those stories that will stick with me and leave me thinking. I'm glad I found it. :)
Sailor Pandabear chapter 5 . 2/22/2014
cool
Dimac99 chapter 5 . 2/9/2014
Of course I'm sorry this wasn't a HEA for them together, but sometimes realism makes for a better story. To have Severus pragmatic and emotionally holding back, then suddenly be everything Hermione wants and needs would have diminished the wonderful story telling and characterisation that came before. A very emotionally mature piece.