Reviews for Jouissance
sarahjane82 chapter 1 . 2/22
This was heartbreaking to read. It's beautifully written and very well thought out. I did like Joi in the Ninja tribunal series but I never liked how as the only woman among them she hardly did any fighting and kept piggybacking on the guys efforts. I thought when I first saw her yes finally a woman warrior (it's about time) but then she hardly did anything. It's a shame really. But I thought it was cute how Raph Put Joi's feelings before his own. It was very Bitter sweet and I'm glad I read it. It is a shame that there isn't many Raphael and Joi fanfics out there.
Firebird Scratches chapter 1 . 2/11
Aw. This was sweet, and sad, and really beautiful.
Sarah chapter 1 . 2/6
This was heartbreaking to read. It's beautifully written and very well thought out. I did like Joi on the Ninja tribunal series but I never liked how as the only woman among them she hardly did any fighting and kept piggybacking on the guys efforts. I thought when I first saw her yes finally a woman warrior (it's about time) but then she hardly did anything. It's a shame really. But I thought it was cute how RAp
princessebee chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
I've read this story a few times but have never reviewed it. Call it laziness. But I am writing a bit of TMNT fanfic myself at the moment which required me to go over some of my old stuff to refresh my memory and I saw a really nice review you had left on one of my fics and it made me think goddamnit, I HAVE to finally come back here and review this story!

This story is great! It is, as has been pointed out, so real and authentic to the complexity of romantic and sexual experience. I found his decision to not go for one final romp with Joi to be the most agonisingly real part... it showed such incredible maturity and control and reflected the sorts of decisions we all say we'd never make in real life but then surprise ourselves by doing and the fact that you elected to do that in a fanfiction, where pure self-indulgence can be all too easily and justifiably partaken in, shows your commitment to telling stories as authentically and genuinely as possible... which is the very quality I love most about your work. Great story and great characterisation.
My Serendipity Road chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
This was a very well written, and fun story to read. I've been hoping to find someone who'd write a good piece with Raphael and Joi together, and you did a great job. A very realistic version of how their relationship could've gone, and I thank you for writing it.
Despite what many others think, I enjoyed the Ninja Tribunal arc for serveral reasons, and Joi was definitely one of them.
Also, had to blink a few tears away myself while reading this, and that is (in my oppinion) what good stories do. They make you feel something, be it sad or happy.

This definitely deserves more reviews! And I'm glad to be one of the people who read it!
Kallasilya chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Oh, this was awesome! Even though I only ever watched the Ninja Tribunal arc once, I still think that Joi was one of the highlights of that season. I almost wished they did more with that arc just so we had more of a chance to see her character develop.

You write romance ridiculously well, and since it's something I'm totally incapable of, I'm even MOAR starstruck than usual with your stories. I'm so sorry it's taken me like five million years to review. I'm so far off the fandom bandwagon at the moment it's practically a speck of dust in the distance - but I still have everything you write on my To-Read-And-Review list! I will get there eventually!

Have I mentioned that you get bonus points for writing with a Bub, too? I'm still at the stage of my life where babies are terrifying :P

Hope life is going well (and maybe you have some original fiction bubbling away somewhere...?)

- Kalla.
thump chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
good story. sad, but good nonetheless.
NataljaMenethil chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
To my humble taste, RaphaelxJoy is the best pairing ever in the TMNT universe - with the correct interpretation, of course, and you've successfully provided one. Well done, it's just Perfect! Characters, situations, developments - everything! I especially enjoyed this somewhat darkened double-world idea, like in late romanticism (and I personally totally adore late romanticism!), and how you pictured Joy trapped in between those two worlds.
And you get an extra thumbs-up from me for the title ;-)
laziness chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
Really loved how Raph resolved it, with the call to Mikey and the party. Good surprise! And a very mature view on love.

One thing I will say, though, is that your summary of the story made me think...it was going to be a typical fwah fwah sickly sweet love story. You might want to consider revising the summary?
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
Wow. What a very powerful story and very true, too. Romance is not always a happy thing, and sometimes you can't always get what you want out of it, especially if you're a mutant turtle like Raph. You showed that beautifully here, and I applaud you for writing this story and showing everybody the reality of what love can truly be. It's not all sunshine and rainbows like The Twilight Saga at all. There's also heartbreak, too. Nicely done on this.

The Bubbly One,