Reviews for Dwarfed or The Blessed Disaster
erica.phoenix16 chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
Damn! Those miners really earned their happy ending.
TimeForced chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
Very cool style, and I like the re-imagining of the dwarves. It's a modern day fairy-tale, that still gets across the classic ideals of yesteryear.
Alex chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
This is quite possibly one of the most beautiful stories I have read in a long time.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Awwwww! Perfect!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
Interresting rewrite. Though the realism was shattered a bit by the rushed ending.
Nyxity chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Very interesting, dark, yet not too dark story. I admittedly became a bit confused reading it due to no names for identifying characters and that there were actually once eight brothers in total, thus had to read it twice with great care. Nevertheless, it has all settled.
The look into their past was wonderfully considered as well as believeable when one considers things realistically. It was good to know they earned their happy ending and weren't just left behind in their cottage as well. A happily ever after indeed. :D

Thank you for an amazing take on an old fairy tale.
TrudiRose chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
I like this. It's very evocative and haunting and well-written, and I love your backstory for the dwarfs.

The only thing that was a little unsatisfying to me was the prince in this. Because it's based more on the original fairy tale than the Disney version, it feels weird for her to marry the prince. At least in the Disney version, she DID meet him once and have a crush on him before all the bad stuff happened, and he did wake her with "true love's kiss." In this version, he'd never met her before, and he didn't kiss her, and it just felt odd that she just married this stranger like it was no big deal.

Other than that, though, it was really great, and I especially like the characterization of the old miner.