Reviews for Stargate SG-1: Maybourne Unleashed
Guest chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
So what about Anubis?
gatesmasher chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
This was great fun and great food for thought! One question, though, what about Shau'ri? Was I reading too fast and missed it?
Good job and thanks for posting!
Zarohk Korobase chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Harry S. Truman. Grand Admiral "Thrawn" Mitth'raw'nuruodo. And now, Harry Maybourne. Men who have done terrible things for the sake of their government, and the civilization it is a part of. Their actions may have been questioned, but they did the right thing, no matter how hard it was to do, or how hated they would be for doing it.

I just love this story. I know that you came to a perfect end, but I wish that there was just one more bit to finish it off; maybe a snippet from a history book, or a memorial service for Maybourne, but just something to show that he left a legacy. I mean more than he already did, which was a lot. Did I mention how much I love this story? So much. Thank you for writing it.
baduqwa chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
What an incredible story. You did a fantastic job. There really is no other way to put it. You made one simple change, that of Maybourne being a little different and then propagated that very well. The changes in other characters, mainly Jack, was subtle at first but became obvious over time. And I like how you didn't rehash a bunch of crap that happens canonically. So overall, great story. I hope there is another chapter or two to serve as call outs to Atlantis and the Ori, but I realize that those events might not happen at all due to how things played out here.
DragonForce chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Okay... a decent chapter and ending for the story. I think it's a lot weaker than the first chapter, but I guess that was inevitable without adding a dozen more chapters.

There are many little things in this chapter I am not certain about, but this one really is bugging me: 'Almost daily, new designs and improvements to weapon systems were rolled out, with the oldest versions getting recycled if the raw materials were not available.'
Any design change slows down production a lot as the tools need to be modified... not to mention design changes need to be tested for unforeseen side effects. And the more complex the tech is, the worse the testing becomes and the harder it is to predict possible side effects.

Overall the ride also seems insanely smooth, but again, without many more chapters that was inevitable. Good story idea, well executed. I certainly enjoyed reading it.
FatesShadow83 chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Great story!
Rune Knight Genryu chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Nice, but what about the Aschen?
Suspect42 chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
It was awesome that O'Neill ended all forms of negotiation on the simple fact he would not acknowledge humanity was meant to be slaves to Goa'uld.

I like to think that the Tau'ri missiles they used held a form of phasing technology for piercing shields and armor considering they had the Tollan, Reetou, and Ma'Chello tech that dealt with phase shifting in some form or another.

Using updated Ma'Chello's worms to deal with the Goa'uld was an awesome idea.
thunder18 chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Great chapter Update soon
Beyogi chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Well, that was a cool way to end it quickly.

Great story, thank you for writing,
Beyogi
george17 chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Excellent quick take on the idea! It's funny how human triumphalism in current sci-fi mostly has to be done in a weenie sort of way such as how Stargate ended where everyone except the worst criminals love us and everyone must be a saint or evil. It's nice to see the occasional variation where we win because we simply beat them and are portrayed as generally decent people but not as grown-up care bears.
romanhellhound chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Damn only three chapters... would have loved to see more :)
tenchifew chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Most fascinating story.
Enjoyed it a great deal.
Thank you for writing.
Ichai chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
This was quite a bit of fun to read. HFY meets Stargate, very nice.

One nitpick in this chapter though. Paul Davis is a major, not a sergeant.
tkioz chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Top notch! Very enjoyable.
124 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »