Reviews for Stargate SG-1: Maybourne Unleashed
tkioz chapter 2 . 4/24/2013
Very interesting and amusing :)
tenchifew chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Really liked it.
A refreshingly new take on Maybourne.
Looking forward to see how you will develop it.
Thank you for writing.
Dan chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Even if it's not 100k words, it's still nice to read new work posted by you, and a Stargate story no less! Thanks so much for sharing.
Suspect42 chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
It is an interesting change for Maybourne to be a good guy and people have to grudgingly agree with him despite knee jerk reaction to consider what he says as stupid or corrupt. I have no doubt that this Maybourne does look promote himself in good light for power and prestige but he is not blind to the real threat of the goa'uld or SG-1's capability.

Possible Ideas...
.Argosian nanites that rapidly accelerate aging could be used with cloning for organ harvesting, research accelerated regeneration, and with neural interface for accelerated education for quick population as backup plan civilization if Earth is lost.
.Svoriin held apparently similar technological level to Earth but wiped out quickly by infestation flies, very possible small but unique advancements in R&D and military hardware just laying around in the dead city(s). Long term plan could be to wipe out infestation flies to setup shop in dead city.
.Ancient Knowledge in Jack could very well lead to Jack modifying Altairan tech of Harlan's to quickly download essentially digital text books that would allow Earth to truly begin learning the science completely and replicating technology with pure Earth hardware.
.Salvage Martin's world for technology and possible through interrogation and offering them opportunity to assist Earth's defense, the SGC could find out about Martin's ship around Mars which would contain energy weapons and transportation beam.
DragonForce chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Very interesting idea, however I believe you are still missing one critical component. Teal'c was the First Prime, essentially the General of the Armies, for one of the most powerful Systemlords. Doesn't he have any idea where the Goa'uld produce weapons? Especially space ships or fighters? Mine raw materials? What about forbidden worlds? How their economy works?
In the show it's never explored what Teal'c could tell them, just that he knows a lot he never shares. Perhaps after one adventure or another Maybourne could arrange for Teal'c to be debriefed - or alternatively that he gets schooling so that he can live on Earth. Like preparation for GED, some college courses, and then send him on some officer training courses for military intelligence training. Once Teal'c knows what could be useful, he can share it.
Zex-TheBlackFang chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Good story so far, although I had thought that the lava had already covered the gate on Tollana shortly after SG-1 had rescued them. Looking forward to more.
enderverse chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Nice, could always use another good XSGCOM type story. Even if its more of a drawn out summary.
stargatesg1fan1 chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
This was an entertaining read so far. I never really thought about the what-if scenario if SG-1 had gotten to the dying Tollan just slightly earlier. What if parts of the planet had been spared from the volcanic destruction and pockets of tech survived even after the gate was taken out? I'm curious to see if you'll include pairings in this story. So many Stargate stories leave them out. Thanks for sharing.
haphazard1 chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
An interesting variation on the Stargate universe. A little more ruthlessness, a bit more opportunism, and a big chunk of Maybourne. Quite enjoyable, nice work.
musme chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
I like it!
george17 chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Damn, but this just makes so much more sense than canon. So far at least I don't even see Maybourne doing anything unethical. He's got a reasonably strong defense from a moral perspective also; there's not a lot that's unforgivably immoral when you're fighting in defense of your life.

Up to now it's not even gray. There's absolutely nothing wrong with, for example, scavenging what they can on the abandoned Tollan world. It really was unbelievable that they never did that.
Sasparilla89 chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
I like this story. It's much more focussed on protecting the planet instead of exploring and making bad alliances. What sg1 should've been like, really ;)

Good work, I hope you've planned more of this.

Cheers
S.
thesagerk chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
hahaha this is awesome! i wonder how its gonna turn out!
Play4ever chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Huh ... this was interesting. A cool idea.
Zarohk Korobase chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
I really like this story. Honestly, I wish that Maybourne had been more like this in canon. It's why I like Stargate fanfic more that the original: characters like Maybourne, with the motivation to get technology to defend Earth better, and organizations like the NID, who are civilian oversight to secret military projects, are all corrupt to varying degrees. Quite frankly, SG1 had some serious implications that I really disliked, but your story makes it all better.
124 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 Next »