Reviews for Off by a Single Degree: Part I
acnayokpuk chapter 1 . 1/6
Honestly, this is amazing. I truest love this and I think you portray the characters perfectly
Delena fan chapter 20 . 1/4
Oh my god it's awesome. I often thought what it would be if damon didn't compel Elena in first meeting and u wrote about it. It's superb. But I never expected in last I. E damon compelling Elena. Please update next chapter I can't wait for it
Delena fan chapter 1 . 1/2
Very interesting...
animemangaobsessed chapter 10 . 1/1
yes mama Gilbert! teach Elena with some weapons so she isn't such a pathetic disgrace like in the actual series. see this is why i love fanfics because I can always count on authors to maybe piss me off but not in the way of me wanting to throw my phone across the room in frustration you know what I mean, it's good frustration like sexual tension or badass female leads that only get captured because kicking ass and walking away from a bullet is bit inhuman, and they were just at the right place at the wrong time, or the love interest was an asshole in his anger and even though the girl knows that, she still gives him hell and make sure he grovels so she makes sure he never makes that same mistake again. things that make not hate tv drama
animemangaobsessed chapter 8 . 1/1
Now it's Stefan who's pissing me off!
animemangaobsessed chapter 4 . 12/31/2017
Caroline is annoying me
Karol Black chapter 15 . 8/21/2017
"Damon and Elena watched the fireworks without really seeing them, each wondering how they would ever manage to let the other go."
My God! I love this kind of situation, all the feelings and all the drama! nice attitude of Damon saving her dad, but was he bitten? I hope not!
Karol Black chapter 13 . 8/20/2017
What was this Delena bite scene? Simply thrilling and exciting! I can't wait for them to have a real kiss! But I'm appreciating the slow way they're falling in love, or, better saying, the slow way they're acknowleging that are in love, cause I know the mutual feeling is already there! .
Karol Black chapter 8 . 8/20/2017
Your fic is perfect, your Damon is perfectly canon and I'm in love with this version of the story!
NorahB chapter 10 . 8/1/2017
I'm only halfway through this, but I have to say how much I love this. I like the concept - change one tiny detail and have the cards fall in very different places. The changes all make sense. It's interesting to see Damon with his human turned on from the beginning, well on to some extent. It's interesting to see Stefan not treated automatically as the "good brother." It's interesting to see Elena find out about vampires because she tries to save Damon, and told about them by her parents. And to see her entering it this crazy supernatural stuff with more logic and reason - when she accepted Stefan's vampirism so quickly on the show, it was because she was grieving, and desperate for something that would give her life purpose. It wasn't well thought out. Your Elena just approaches this from a totally different perspective, and it's refreshing.

You're gotten all the voices on pitch.

But what I love most - Grayson and Miranda Gilbert. I've wondered what Elena's family was like before the accident, but haven't been able to picture it. I can totally picture your version. So I feel like you've created two fully fleshed out original characters, even though they were named on the show.

Well done. Can't wait to finish this and move on to the sequel :)
deepwater1978 chapter 19 . 7/15/2017
This is a great story! Well done!
AlwaysElisabethian chapter 3 . 7/13/2017
Poor Damon. He seems SO innocent in this and I'm loving it. All he wants is Katherine. You've made him look far less sinister than he did in S1, which of course doesn't give him the chance to change like he did in TVD, but I also think that's the whole reason why he can become friends with Grayson later on. He doesn't seem as revengeful.

I love the way he takes care of Elena and helps her through her heartbreak. I loved the references to him being a vampire. The double meaning is hilarious.
And the relationship with Edgar has finally begun! Yay! Who needs cats and dogs, when you have a raven, hey?

I love how Grayson would basically do anything to keep his family safe. He knows all about Damon, how ruthless and dangerous he can be, and yet, he's still gonna go after him, for the sake of Elena. Oh, if only he knew!
AlwaysElisabethian chapter 2 . 7/9/2017
Dam dam dam dammmmmm !
I love the introduction part where they find out she's been hanging out with Damon. I wish they didn't jump to conclusions, though!

I don't know why, but I always thought that Vicki was Matt's little sister. I always thought she was younger than him. I'm probably wrong ( since I know you do your research) but that's just the way I thought it was.

I loved Delena's playful banter and God I wish they had kissed, but Damon was being sooo sweet. I just wanna push them together, lol. It had been a very different story if they had ended up having sex on the couch.

I hate season 1 Caroline. She's the most annoying and obnoxious person, and then she turns into this amazing person. I can't wait to read through that transition again.
AlwaysElisabethian chapter 1 . 7/9/2017
I loved loved loooooved the very relateable "probably gonna find 200 pictures of my pockets" thing. Honestly, who hasn't tried that?

I love how Damon totally gives her chances, only because she looks like Elena and I love their playful banter. I do wish I'd actually read Pride and Prejudice (it's on my shelf, but I haven't gotten around to it yet), but I can sort of get it anyway.

I already told you I was hoping Miranda and Grayson would get killed off soon, when I read this the first time, but knowing what's in store, I'm so glad they're still alive.

Jenna's life is about to get a whoooole lot more complicated!
Guest chapter 14 . 7/7/2017