Reviews for Off by a Single Degree
ukarnaj68 chapter 21 . 17h
I'm finally getting this story read and caught up to the latest chapter! I love love love! Sooo well written and creative! I normally read Delena AUs, but this is one involving Vampires that I LOVE! It broke my heart when Damon erased Elena's memories, but the fact that he forgot about others and her diary shows how emotional a decision it was. Showing Damon's pain and lack of friends/love better explains him falling for a 16-year old. I love your creativity in explaining certain situations and the exploration of details that we never get in the show! Thank you so much for sharing your talents!
Joker4harley chapter 17 . 2/11
I swear your either the smartest person ever or the most creative person ever
DeanWinchester'sGrl chapter 21 . 2/7
This is quite honestly the most compelling vampire diariea story I have ever read. you're interpretation of the characters are spot on. i don't even care that damon and elena aren't interacting every chapter bc this story is just that good.
Elise.v chapter 21 . 2/5
Omg this is the best facking fanfic I ever read and you are the first to ACTUALLY love the damon's 50's stories to write about it. I love all of this omggggg please they are so cute you write them so damn good.
If you happen to know any favourite delena 50's fanfics would you care to reccoment them to me?
Hey:)
I just read ur story and i wanted to tell u its amazing! Really! I love it.
Ur writing is very very good. And the characters are - just love them.
I am looking foward to the next chapter (can i say that? My writing/speaking english is not that good, reading and understanding is much easier)

So sry again for my bad english but good luck for you and your writing
Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland (yes thats german:p)
Kina Kalamari chapter 21 . 2/3
This was a really cool chapter. I love the way you took the tiny clues from canon and made a full backstory out of it. And it's awesome that Enzo is going to show up because he's amazing.

Can't wait for the next one!
I love what you did with Grayson's back story. I honestly don't remember how much of it was canon or what the canon reason for john and Grayson hating each other was...but this was fabulous! I also really loved Grayson and Enzo's friendship.
Brytte Mystere chapter 21 . 2/2
AWESOMEEEE
Also YAAAAY THEY'RE GOING BACK FOR ENZO!
(I mean, better late than never, right?)
Hairi Esh Mooncake chapter 19 . 2/1
Ugh... seriously? Okay, so that turned sour pretty fast. You stupid git, Damon.
SparklyLarry chapter 21 . 1/31
This chapter is great! Just like the whole story, of course) But I really enjoyed this chapter. Especially the part about Grayson's and Enzo's interaction. Not much was said about Grayson as an Augustine in the show and, well... I prefer to believe that he wasn't just skinning vampires in cold-blood. So, this story is what I was always hoping for))

I absolutely love the fic, the idea and the style of writing and... pretty much everything...? xD Ugh, I can't even offer any criticism...

Thank you for this great work!
UGHHHH I CANT BELIEVE damon erased elena memories! plz bring them back :(
wooooo exciting. And super interesting to hear Grayson's backstory. Can't wait for Damon/Grayson to team up and also for Elena to hopefully get those mems back. Update soooooon PLEASE xox
I almost forgot about this story. Love it as usual but ready for Elena to confront Damon.
Nashira Katharis chapter 21 . 1/30
When I first read the description, I didn't dare to hope for a good thrilling story that makes my heart race. I was wrong and I'm so happy that I didn't just scroll over this, because the description didn't sound as appealing (I'm not sure what I wanted to read, but that wasn't it). But here I am at almost 4 am after finishing the latest chapter anxious for another to read more the know more to satisfy my curiosity for what happens next. I've loved reading this.
NikkiTheWriter chapter 21 . 1/30
My, my, I was DYING to get to the end of this story so I could finally write a review for you! Here we are. Finally.
So, first of all, I'd like to tell you this is, hands down, THE best TVD fanfic I've ever read. And mind you, I read new fics daily. It's my favourite past-time. I seriously don't know how it took me so long to find this CROWN JEWEL of fanfics on this website, but I'm just glad I did now. And I honestly don't care at all if you take one week or one year to upload the next chapter in here, as long as you keep doing it and keep the quality as high as it is right now.
I love what you did with every single one of the characters. The characters we get to know well in canon sound very much like themselves, but I particularly love how you developed the stories and actions of the characters we never knew all that well - especially the whole Grayson and Richard plot. I've always imagined what it would be like if Richard had ever become a werewolf, and my thoughts on that are pretty similar to yours (guy's always been an ass and a bully, it'd only make things take a big turn for the worst); and I've never been able to picture Grayson as someone who'd be completely unwilling to consider a vampire as anything other than a threat (after all, this is the guy who raised Elena, the one most sweet, forgiving, undestanding and loving person in this entire friggin' show). Great job there.
I also love the different "POV's" (so to say). Being able to know what goes on inside every character's head from time to time (even Edgar!) is brilliant, and I love to see how differently they consider every scenario. Keeps the boredom of single-POV away, as you never know whose side of the story you'll be getting next.
Now, about this last chapter. When I read the opening note about how this would be all about Grayson's story, I was torn. Half of me was ecstatic, because I've loved everything you did for Grayson in this fic so far, and I was eager to learn the whole truth about his character. The other half, though, was angered, because I can't stand Elena not remembering Damon because he's being the very same kind of cowardly wimp that let Enzo burn in '58. Turns out that, after reading it, I loved every single line. The ups, downs, the story behind Elena's family losses and complicated affairs... And THANK HEAVENS you did right by including more people to the desiccation spell! I've always thought it made no sense for Abby to have no one else involved. I don't care how strong she might've been as a witch, I doubt even Esther, Freya or Dahlia would be able to pull a spell like that all on their own - at least, not after we learn about just how complex this particular spell is in "Before Sunset".
Just please keep up the good work. You're seriously doing a better job at paying attention to details and making things interesting than the canon writers these days. Someone will please recommend this fine storyteller to the CW, please? May be too late to write TVD's Series Finale, but I'd hope you could still make it to The Originals.