Reviews for Twenty Years Later: Reimu's Successor
neogoki chapter 3 . 3/11/2014 that Emerl causing the incident?
DanielHedgehog chapter 10 . 8/26/2013
Nice chapter, fairly well-written, and, as far as I'm concerned, it's par for the course with this series. My only complaint is that you didn't quite get the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference quite right, with the actual line being, "The best drink in existence is the Pan-Galactic Gargle-Blaster, the effect of which is like having your brain smashed out with a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick." Still, if it was subtlety you were going for there, You're Winner !
DanielHedgehog chapter 3 . 8/25/2013
By this point, one should have not only been able to figure out what the entity is, but also what role Patricia's Mini-Hakkero shall play. That's right, it's either a Chekhov's Gun or a Red Herring.
Metroid Life chapter 12 . 6/9/2013
Ah, a wonderful ending... though I which I could hear just how the Border is preserved. Ah well, must leave something secret. The bit about Patrica's subconscious was certainly interesting, and Okku Junior is adorable... in a destructive robot kinda way. Glad to see he and Utsuho are doing ok... And I have to agree with Ran, Dawi shouldn't run around so much, they have a kid-cat to take care of, after all... ah, I'm sure Chen'll be alright. And Patrica learning magic from Marisa and Jean... oh yes, that will be interesting, won't it?
G.N. Over-Kite chapter 12 . 6/5/2013
I have indeed read your continuity from the beginning at some point. I need to dredge up some memories in order to see if this is stand-alone.
This chapter proper: Mental Embodiments: The Revenge! They played an integral role back in Recompense, and are used for quick realizations on Patricia's part here. For everyone's sake, we should never revisit the littlest shrine maiden's head for a long while... Who wants to see Dawitsu as someone's Sex Drive again? Put your hands down, everybody...
More highlights include: Patty giving huggles to her family! (Awww...) Reimu wanting to deliver justice onto a pervert and his wife! (Please. Have a seat, Mr. & Mrs. Dawitsu.) Parties! Drinking! Whacked Out Mikos! More family feels... And Patricia may just be a great incident resolver yet.
By the way, "Loser Youkai" is now Dawitsu's canon boss subtitle. Not the Moderately Magnificent Mimicker, what are you talking about? Oh. THAT'S what was missing, more Boss Subtitles!
As a stand-alone: There was good characterization for Patricia, the recurring humans, and the other key characters. Some connections between certain characters, though, were better explained in the previous installments. Especially with OC/Canon character couples, these still come up somewhat out of left field for the uninitiated. I, myself, chuckled at Patricia's realization of Jean/Marisa, but then made a sort of an awkward frowny face when I realized it afterward... (Perhaps I forgot something from The Epilogue? I don't know.)
And then there's the Gizoid. Dawitsu created it in this story to be a controlled incident maker that could copy and assimilate abilities and techniques (And be like his and Ran's child due to birthrate complications). The origins of the Gizoid, perhaps by no mere coincidence on Dawitsu's part, lay in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. Specifically, its base motivations from Sonic Battle, and its appearance from Advance 3. (I have never seen the Sonic X episodes about it, and I can only guess that it probably has been in the comics.)
Obviously, there were differences in the Gizoid's learning experience from then and in this story from Utsuho. Both Okuu and the newly-dubbed Okuu Junior probably have had the best characterization in this story, expanding on Okuu's goal from Subterranean Animism and the consequences of such. If you didn't know of the Gizoid's origins, you don't need to for the most part. That's good even if this wasn't truly stand-alone.
I can safely say it's been a blast reading your stuff, as well as the expanded stuff on dA and YT. I may have forgotten things to elaborate upon, so I went with a gut feeling for this review. I hope that's all right. I'll definitely be back when you decide to put something new on the internet. Until then, see ya!
Timeskipper1 chapter 12 . 6/5/2013
Crappy things? Nuh-uh, no lying!

Oh, and finally the subconscious world makes its reappearance! Good thing. And sedated Reimu is veeeery funny, I agree with Marisa...
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 12 . 6/4/2013
I actually thought that Yukari did enter Patricia's dream, but this time seemed to be just a mental construct indeed. Interesting ending, Patricia having to face her flaws, I guess Gensokyo will be in good hands, Reimu on happy tea was funny and weird, very weird. Also, nice to see Mamizou, it makes me wonder how are the others after 20 years, at least the ones you cited this chapter (also you cited Sanae twice in "Sakuya, Sanae, and Sanae all decided..."). Well, that was a good story, good work!
OtakuDrag0n chapter 3 . 6/2/2013
This creature reminds me of Fi from Skyward Sword
Metroid Life chapter 11 . 5/31/2013
Ah, a lovely battle! What I wouldn't give to play it, heheh. Of course, Patrica did better than I would have, so I'd probably never reach the end, but... whatever! Anyway, I have to wonder- is this the end? It doesn't feel like a end, and yet... hmm, it's certainly close to it, plot-wise. Nevertheless, I look forward to the next chapter, ending, or no, and hopefully no. See you next review...
Timeskipper1 chapter 11 . 5/30/2013
Well, this was nice. I had a field day with Dawitsu's reference attacks... I think I got almost all of them :P

So the Touhou fan community is a hive mind...
You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Yep, had to make that one joke. You can shoot me now :D
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 11 . 5/29/2013
Hehe, I didn't expect Marisa and Dawitsu teamming up, but that was a nice chapter, with all the references (like Banjo-Kazooie) and the usual chaos of the extra stage. It was fun to read, and I guess Dawitsu must be already used to it. Good work!
Timeskipper1 chapter 10 . 5/19/2013
Anti-epiphany helmet. I'd make a quip about it explaining a lot of things, but... oh, screw it. That actually explains a lot of things.

And your old habits are what make you awesome. Keep them.

RandomNumbers523156 chapter 10 . 5/17/2013
Yay, Marisa is the extra-boss! Wondering what tricks she'll have to show Patricia. But I must say, that she's becoming more and more like Reimu, hehe. Also, Okuu Junior was rather cold to Dawitsu, but I guess it's just his way, he's learning. Keep going!
Timeskipper1 chapter 9 . 5/15/2013
Heeeey, don't diss Dawitsu, he knows how to have fun!
Besides, too much common sense is bad for your mental health. And stuff. What am I saying? I don't know.

In the end, it's all another peaceful day in Gensokyo.

Now, being serious... this fic wasn't bad, but I may have found it kinda boring. In the first chapters there was a bit of mystery with our unknown incident-causer, but after that it's all been danmaku and danmaku, and for some reason I don't think that danmaku battles work very well in a literary form.

Don't get me wrong, your fics are still of a superior quality, but this one was a little boring after a while.
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 9 . 5/15/2013
Nice conclusion to the incident, I enjoyed the chapter. Good to know Patricia earned Reimu's approval. Though I didn't expect that Jean and Marisa became an item. Keep going!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »